• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com
Re: Perlukan otai2 neo untuk membantu

maybe 165-170kmh or maybe no diffrence at all...

u need more horse to gain more topseed + the auto are not helping much...by changing to manual and it gonna cost u about rm2-3k u can maybe get 190-210kmh n thats the top for manual campro 1.6 neo in stock standard...
Ouh, but why i cant reach redline in D gear?
What if i install emanage?

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

Ouh, but why i cant reach redline in D gear?
What if i install emanage?
D is overdrive...similar to manual tranny...we can redlining at 4th but cant redline at 5th...its normal bro...

emanage u mean a piggyback by greddy? or referring to any standalone? it helps but do not set ur expectation too high...like i mention earlier u need more horse power to gain more topseed...and u can not get more horse power by installing electronic device only...something need to do with the engine...like installing full system exhaust, the high cams, Port n Polish head and hi compression pistons before u consider to install those electronic device...

some even install a supercharge to the stock engine to gain more power...easy installation + tuning at rm8k+GST

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com

D is overdrive...similar to manual tranny...we can redlining at 4th but cant redline at 5th...its normal bro...

emanage u mean a piggyback by greddy? or referring to any standalone? it helps but do not set ur expectation too high...like i mention earlier u need more horse power to gain more topseed...and u can not get more horse power by installing electronic device only...something need to do with the engine...like installing full system exhaust, the high cams, Port n Polish head and hi compression pistons before u consider to install those electronic device...

some even install a supercharge to the stock engine to gain more power...easy installation + tuning at rm8k+GST
Supercharged? What about their maintenance?

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

Supercharged? What about their maintenance?
lol...maintenance is as per normal la bro...would u like to lepaking with neo owner and have a visit to performance workshop? since u r in subang and not that far from me and most of performance workshop for neo located in pj/subang or shah alam...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

U cannot use any piggyback such as e-manage because if im not mistaken, your ecu is siemens. The only one that is proven to work is Works EMS. Look it up. But before software upgrade, upgrade/replace all your necessary basic things first.

Drop in air filter, iridium plugs, S-flow muffler.
If u got more budget, go for a good 4-2-1 extractor.

Fuel rail, injectors, and TB is not necessary at all. Stock one can support slightly more power than factory setting. Bear in mind also if your oversize your TB, you will suffer a massive drop in torque on stock setting.
Do not touch the stock crank pulley.

After all these, if you still not satisfied, you need to look at camshaft if you want to maintain NA, or turbo if you want forced induction.

Zack Zikry

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2011
Selangor
www.facebook.com

lol...maintenance is as per normal la bro...would u like to lepaking with neo owner and have a visit to performance workshop? since u r in subang and not that far from me and most of performance workshop for neo located in pj/subang or shah alam...
Sure, pm me your contact number

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Can't be right. I clocked 190kmh in my heavier Persona 1.6 Auto, stock everything other than ATR Sport.
On Sepang toll, not really floaty too. Quite stable.
I assume his is the non cps engine. Different class altogether from your persona as yours has IAFM to aid 2500-4000 rpm. The famous weakest spot for campro.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I assume his is the non cps engine. Different class altogether from your persona as yours has IAFM to aid 2500-4000 rpm. The famous weakest spot for campro.
I dont think IAFM aids anything after the low range, which in D (4th gear) should be able to pull away. I think his engine isn't healthy. Something is wrong.

TS, if no leaks, maybe ignition system.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

But at least manual 4th have better ratio then auto with 4 speed, auto 4th is overdrive and manual 5th is overdrive...:driver:

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

U cannot use any piggyback such as e-manage because if im not mistaken, your ecu is siemens. The only one that is proven to work is Works EMS. Look it up. But before software upgrade, upgrade/replace all your necessary basic things first.

Drop in air filter, iridium plugs, S-flow muffler.
If u got more budget, go for a good 4-2-1 extractor.

Fuel rail, injectors, and TB is not necessary at all. Stock one can support slightly more power than factory setting. Bear in mind also if your oversize your TB, you will suffer a massive drop in torque on stock setting.
Do not touch the stock crank pulley.

After all these, if you still not satisfied, you need to look at camshaft if you want to maintain NA, or turbo if you want forced induction.
for ecu...they are plenty...but works EMS are getting bad reviews from neo owners...most prefered brand n model is haltech sprint 500 and unichip q+

are u on campro bro? because ur comment is contradicted with results i get from my own car and frens..

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

But at least manual 4th have better ratio then auto with 4 speed, auto 4th is overdrive and manual 5th is overdrive...:driver:
i knew that...thanks for the reply...

what im trying to say is even manual can not redlining at top gear

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Should i check the ignition system?
do u have any symptom related to ignition issue?

i believe a visit to performance workshop could answer ur question...PM u my number

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

for ecu...they are plenty...but works EMS are getting bad reviews from neo owners...most prefered brand n model is haltech sprint 500 and unichip q+

are u on campro bro? because ur comment is contradicted with results i get from my own car and frens..
Haltech 500 sure good but different level already. It's Standalone. Just now they mentioned piggyback and many proton users did comment that other piggyback besides EMS does not work for their siemens VDO.

I'm not on campro but this is what i gather form reading around this forum from neo owners, and similar likes.

May I ask what is contradictory? About TB and extractors?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

mine can only reach around 160km/h, stock standard under 10,000km....

after some mod can only reach 190km/h...
130hp, big speaker box, 16 inch rims and leather interior...
similar to Neo CPS...

i bet changing to manual and reduce weight can go over 210km/h...
Hi TS,

am using a neo but the manual one...the top speed that u achieve is normal for neo auto...so dun be sad...if u thinking to gain more topspeed that means u need to spend like hell lot of money...a fren of mine modded his neo campro auto and the result are not to his liking...some of the manuals with simple mod can outrun his modded campro auto...finally he got himself a manual tranny...

simple mod to make ur auto campro feels more power
drop in air filter
bored or change the TB
get CPS injector and a better fuel rail
better plugs
lightened crank pulley
a good set of extractor (tuned length) from reputable brand
a must have ATF cooler
downsize the rims / suggested 15" with 195/50 or 55 for more comfortable daily drive

and by doing the above, u can feel better throttle response wit minimal impact to the topspeed...to gain more top u have to mod the engine...

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

where do u live bro?
Man, really only around 160kph for that car!? That's unbelievably slow lor! Then even my Livina 1.6AT might overtake that car once on top speed run, coz I've reached around 165kph on my GPS (speedo reading is even higher at >170kph ) with 4 people in the car and some luggage in my already slow Livina!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

i knew that...thanks for the reply...

what im trying to say is even manual can not redlining at top gear
Oh! replied to your post but actually explanation for TS......hhahahhahah:wavey:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just some clarification : Siemens ECU works with both Unichip and EMS. Nothing much else mainstream.

And personally, I think the TS Neo has some issues. Probably a full proper maintenance will help.

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006

Haltech 500 sure good but different level already. It's Standalone. Just now they mentioned piggyback and many proton users did comment that other piggyback besides EMS does not work for their siemens VDO.

I'm not on campro but this is what i gather form reading around this forum from neo owners, and similar likes.

May I ask what is contradictory? About TB and extractors?
yups TB n extractor...mine with stock TB bored + extractor and i dun have any sypmtoms that u mention...it could be due to unhealthy engine maybe...

on ECU siemens replaced by continental already...