Come Guess One Thing SG has Way More Than Malaysia.....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Is it true about the police there wont chase you if you car can travel more than 180km/h? Like the movie Tokyo drift stated that :rofl:

We see them good, they see us good lo. Like TR said is a double edge sword world there. Either u can fit or cant. Really need to go for japanese class before going there :rofl:
Thats the only downside of living in Japan.
They are to ethnocentric to learn English.
They see us good? No wayyyyyyy. Hahahaha

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most houses there don;t have a parking spot, so you then have to apply at the local authorities office. If you're near Tokyo, that would be around RM300-400 per month for parking.

Most would just use trains and subways to work and rightly so. They have one of the best, if not the best, public transportation system in the world. You can get everywhere, and I mean everywhere in Japan, just by using the public transport. Seriously, comparing to the ones in Malaysia makes you want to cry leh..

Interesting info, if you're late to work due to a delay at the train station, they would give out a "Delay Letter" for you to give to your employer as a show cause letter as to why you are late.
On of my Jap manager mentioned he cycle from home to parking lot, drives to subway, then take train to work. He stays pretty far from main city, but the trains are very fast.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Perhaps I can work there someday because I'm majoring in english for degree course...
You will have to learn Japanese also...:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

One of my Jap MD who retired, came back and stay in Malaysia woh!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
On of my Jap manager mentioned he cycle from home to parking lot, drives to subway, then take train to work. He stays pretty far from main city, but the trains are very fast.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

You will have to learn Japanese also...:driver:

I won't be surprised if the distance of their working place is as far as Ipoh to KL. But since their trains are that fast, distance is not much of a problem.

I've got no problem if I need to learn Japanese. Looking forward to learn it someday. Besides, I watch anime quite often, so I can roughly understand a some of their language already.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I won't be surprised if the distance of their working place is as far as Ipoh to KL. But since their trains are that fast, distance is not much of a problem.

I've got no problem if I need to learn Japanese. Looking forward to learn it someday. Besides, I watch anime quite often, so I can roughly understand a some of their language already.
Im being a stereotype but u are not those chinese anime people wor. Good.
Normally those are weirdos. Encountering a few of them now....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Im being a stereotype but u are not those chinese anime people wor. Good.
Normally those are weirdos. Encountering a few of them now....
I get what you mean. I've seen those people as well. They are so immersed into anime, they cosplay at public dressed up like idiots. Spend a lot of money buying anime related merchandise. Putting anime character names or photos at their own fb account.

For me, I just watch anime only, dint do those cosplay stuffs. In fact, I dint even know which one is nice to watch, I only watch if my friend tell me that it is good to watch, lol.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I get what you mean. I've seen those people as well. They are so immersed into anime, they cosplay at public dressed up like idiots. Spend a lot of money buying anime related merchandise. Putting anime character names or photos at their own fb account.

For me, I just watch anime only, dint do those cosplay stuffs. In fact, I dint even know which one is nice to watch, I only watch if my friend tell me that it is good to watch, lol.
I stopped watching. Nowadays all not nice dy. Plus, no more Animax for me.
Lazy to torrent too. Haha. Its not their hobby is weird, its their attitude during non-cosplay time is weird as fuuu too. :thefinger:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
would it be nice too we have bullet train line running from JB to Penang? The government should have accepted YTL proposal last time.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Is it true about the police there wont chase you if you car can travel more than 180km/h? Like the movie Tokyo drift stated that :rofl:

We see them good, they see us good lo. Like TR said is a double edge sword world there. Either u can fit or cant. Really need to go for japanese class before going there :rofl:
Wahlau wei, movie stuff you also can believe ah? They will set up road block la and there are a lot of speed camera in Japan. IF your point get deducted to 0 your license will get suspended 2 years IIRC and you need to go for driving rehabilitation course like go class.

Actually Japanese are really keen on learning one. They are quite opened hearted majority of them. When they learn it they perfect the method with their own way. Just like how American started to make car then the Japs learn the technology and make it even better.

Yup, some of the big MD there they take train or walk to walk one, My Kobe customer MD is like that and I know another one in Tokyo that walk to work....not close by you know 1 hour walk....

Not all places in Japan can be covered by train or subway. Some you just drop off on the nearest station but you still have quite a distance to walk to the house.

The places that I rented last time, was also quite rural but nice environment. The house is surrounded by small paddy fields manage by the local neighbours. They are kind people sometimes they will give you a few pack of the rice. From my place I need to drive a bit or cycling if I want to go to a subway station.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The places that I rented last time, was also quite rural but nice environment. The house is surrounded by small paddy fields manage by the local neighbours. They are kind people sometimes they will give you a few pack of the rice. From my place I need to drive a bit or cycling if I want to go to a subway station.
Yup, Japs plants padi in every available space. When on tour there, when pass by the houses with garden they plant padi. My daughter some years back went on homestay there, the foster parents also plant padi....

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

would it be nice too we have bullet train line running from JB to Penang? The government should have accepted YTL proposal last time.
I thought something on this still on?:confused:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wahlau wei, movie stuff you also can believe ah? They will set up road block la and there are a lot of speed camera in Japan. IF your point get deducted to 0 your license will get suspended 2 years IIRC and you need to go for driving rehabilitation course like go class.

Actually Japanese are really keen on learning one. They are quite opened hearted majority of them. When they learn it they perfect the method with their own way. Just like how American started to make car then the Japs learn the technology and make it even better.

Yup, some of the big MD there they take train or walk to walk one, My Kobe customer MD is like that and I know another one in Tokyo that walk to work....not close by you know 1 hour walk....

Not all places in Japan can be covered by train or subway. Some you just drop off on the nearest station but you still have quite a distance to walk to the house.

U got a point there. I can't say anything...haven't been to Japan, yet. :bawling:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Most houses there don;t have a parking spot, so you then have to apply at the local authorities office. If you're near Tokyo, that would be around RM300-400 per month for parking.

Most would just use trains and subways to work and rightly so. They have one of the best, if not the best, public transportation system in the world. You can get everywhere, and I mean everywhere in Japan, just by using the public transport. Seriously, comparing to the ones in Malaysia makes you want to cry leh..

Interesting info, if you're late to work due to a delay at the train station, they would give out a "Delay Letter" for you to give to your employer as a show cause letter as to why you are late.
not actually 'everywhere'...some area not covered by train..especially rural area...
1 good thing are, you can walk/run/jog quite a distance there...not so 'penat' and 'berpeluh' like in Malaysia..its our climate...

but, their bullet train are very very expensive..like taking a plane..
most people travel as far as that are already executive level...no operator level doing that..

there is no lepak2 there...everyones one the move...see them in the train station, no one, not even one, play handphone/smoke lama2/sembang2....they smokes and go...take a train, they sleep..
if u want lepak2, wait night time...mabuk with friends..
and no samsung...i cant find charger for samsung there..lol..

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
not actually 'everywhere'...some area not covered by train..especially rural area...
1 good thing are, you can walk/run/jog quite a distance there...not so 'penat' and 'berpeluh' like in Malaysia..its our climate...

most people travel as far as that are already executive level...no operator level doing that..

there is no lepak2 there...everyones one the move...see them in the train station, no one, not even one, play handphone/smoke lama2/sembang2....they smokes and go...take a train, they sleep..
Yep, but those area not covered by the trains would definitely be covered by the buses, which are excellent and dependable.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Theirs only 5% then.....
i was referring to downpayment for house in malaysia..in singapore, downpayment need 20% cause bank only finance 80%.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Wow so good? If really SGD 20-30K enough for down payment, then its really awesome!
that is provided you can get 90% loan ...usually foreigners they may give only 80%

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Japan sounded like a very good place with not much flaws except the fact that it is quite stressful for some people over there.

Haha, because most of them supports their own mobile phones like Toshiba, Sony, Hitachi, Sharp and etc...

Yep, but those area not covered by the trains would definitely be covered by the buses, which are excellent and dependable.
Everything is about precision and efficiency over there unlike here. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, especially higher up management, many suicides.....:banghead:
Too stressed I guess. But are they well paid?

Well, that's more due to their working culture rather than anything else.
They are known for their seriousness and commitment in their career. They always wanted the best for their own company and I heard that most of them treated the people in their company like family.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Too stressed I guess. But are they well paid?

They are known for their seriousness and commitment in their career. They always wanted the best for their own company and I heard that most of them treated the people in their company like family.
This mentality set in after WWII, after which Japan was devastated, socially and economically, by the continuous Allied forces bombings campaign during the war.

It was (and still is) considered an honor to serve and give your all to the company for the greater good of Japan, so that Japan can rebuild and recover.

Just think of how much they've achieved after WWII...mind boggling.