Come Guess One Thing SG has Way More Than Malaysia.....

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Its traffic lights!!! SG everywhere traffic lights..... sbieh jialat..... And everywhere red one......Today travel till frustrated. 30min journey time, around 12mins spend on waiting for traffic lights......:banghead:

I have no idea why such a tiny island need so many traffic lights for what?

Traveling in malaysia is really alot better. Less traffic lights, everywhere much better.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Come Malaysia, car get stolen easily, car has more wear and tear due to road conditions,
a lot of road bullies, traffic light got, but not working, kena AES jialat.
Erm, if I were to take a guess, traffic CCTV and public CCTV is way more than Malaysia?
Please lah, the only disadvantages SG has is the size of the country.
Still, a better managed country. Unbiased too?

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Come Malaysia, car get stolen easily, car has more wear and tear due to road conditions,
a lot of road bullies, traffic light got, but not working, kena AES jialat.
Erm, if I were to take a guess, traffic CCTV and public CCTV is way more than Malaysia?
Please lah, the only disadvantages SG has is the size of the country.
Still, a better managed country. Unbiased too?
Actually, I feel malaysia roads are better. OK, I have limited experience, mostly NS highway. But its so well maintained.

Drivers... no! I can say MY drivers are more considerate on the road. Esp. NS highway. They don't hog the right lane one unlike stupid SG drivers!! How I wish SG roads are like that.

Talking about cameras..... maybe SG got more speed cameras..... I hate it. Drive also cannot drive in peace. Every overhead bridge must see got mata hiding there with speed cameras or not. Then there is redlight camera.......

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I find Sg better. Okay fine a lot of traffic lights. A lot of stop and go. What if... What if you try to make use of the situation? Get a hybrid car. You get good burst of acceleration everytime as the battery gets charged often. Then you get way better fuel economy too.

Malaysia roads may have less traffic lights to slow you down. But the traffic jams is a total ownage.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Actually, I feel malaysia roads are better. OK, I have limited experience, mostly NS highway. But its so well maintained.

Drivers... no! I can say MY drivers are more considerate on the road. Esp. NS highway. They don't hog the right lane one unlike stupid SG drivers!! How I wish SG roads are like that.

Talking about cameras..... maybe SG got more speed cameras..... I hate it. Drive also cannot drive in peace. Every overhead bridge must see got mata hiding there with speed cameras or not. Then there is redlight camera.......
Well, traffic CCTV is good. For surveillance.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Bro, I am not joking nor trolling. I really feel that MY is alot better than SG. Housing and Car is way too expensive in SG. Right now, I don't even know how to afford a tiny 3 room flat in SG. I have to pay around SGD 300-400K, thats ridiculous for such a tiny house. COE for car is now SGD73K...... I still have 3yrs before my Satria Neo COE expire. I don't even know how to renew my COE cause I can't afford it. Screw the gov.

Then SG is terribly overcrowded. Look at the trains and buses, everyday so pack. Road everywhere jam. Trains keep breaking down. Our public transport system is so lousy. All those stupid transport companies only think about making money. Then they still talk about 6.9 million. Screw them.

Now, I want to get out of this stupid island. I want to go JB to live. Even my friend also thinking about JB. SG is way way too expensive and crappy to live in.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I find Sg better. Okay fine a lot of traffic lights. A lot of stop and go. What if... What if you try to make use of the situation? Get a hybrid car. You get good burst of acceleration everytime as the battery gets charged often. Then you get way better fuel economy too.

Malaysia roads may have less traffic lights to slow you down. But the traffic jams is a total ownage.
Naah, Malaysia traffic jams are still peanuts compared to Jakarta! :biggrin:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore

The problem is that cars are way overpriced in SG!! $122K for a 1.5L Prius is ridiculous.... How to afford......

Screw our PAP gov that only favours the rich.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Naah, Malaysia traffic jams are still peanuts compared to Jakarta! :biggrin:
Lol.... I agreed!! I think jams in malaysia is not that bad. Maybe need to travel earlier to escape the jam.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
The problem is that cars are way overpriced in SG!! $122K for a 1.5L Prius is ridiculous.... How to afford......

Screw our PAP gov that only favours the rich.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Lol.... I agreed!! I think jams in malaysia is not that bad. Maybe need to travel earlier to escape the jam.
I agree that Sg is a hell hole to live in for the middle class. But I thought you were talking about traffic here. I think if you compare overall living, malaysia is still better. But if you talk about infrastructure, sg is way ahead.

Well if you talk about roads, I think Sg is better (in terms of quality). Sg roads are worse in terms of length. If you talk about traffic, I think sg is better.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
I agree that Sg is a hell hole to live in for the middle class. But I thought you were talking about traffic here. I think if you compare overall living, malaysia is still better. But if you talk about infrastructure, sg is way ahead.

Well if you talk about roads, I think Sg is better (in terms of quality). Sg roads are worse in terms of length. If you talk about traffic, I think sg is better.
For traffic, the stupid gov shove ERP down our throats. Go thru gantry beep... and see money auto deduct. Same gantries cost $4 - $5.... daylight robbery.

I feel life is better in MY. 2 weeks ago, I went JB for dinner. Cheap and good food!! Free parking!!

In SG even eating also need to worry about traffic wardens come summon car..... WTF.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ideal situation : You live in JB, earn SGD.

But in Malaysia, it's one of those countries where a 2-lane highway can turn into a 5 lane pileup when it runs after work hours.

And have you ever been stuck in a traffic jam that lasted 3 hours just to travel 22km? Only in KL during rain after office hours. Why? Cuz it's bloody flooding everywhere.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
both countries have their own advantages and disadvantages...its about how you view it, of course you want cheaper cars and cheaper housing then jb will be good but that is only if you earn wages in sg. imagine you work in jb, you are going to be complaining like singaporeans do... because dollar vs dollar, sg is cheaper in alot of areas for eg food/retail. Sg is also highly favoured by the rich as its much safer and you can go around flaunting your wealth and not being afraid that you'd be kidnapped or murdered. well, i only wish if msia could be safer then it'll definitely be a nicer place to live in.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

For traffic, the stupid gov shove ERP down our throats. Go thru gantry beep... and see money auto deduct. Same gantries cost $4 - $5.... daylight robbery.

I feel life is better in MY. 2 weeks ago, I went JB for dinner. Cheap and good food!! Free parking!!

In SG even eating also need to worry about traffic wardens come summon car..... WTF.....
put parking coupons? if you can afford to drive, im sure you can afford a $1 dollar coupon or so. btw i live in both jb and singapore hence i am in a good position to answer your questions.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
sell your car, y u bought 1 in the 1st place. u dont need it, just rent a small room for the time being, cook your own meal,
bring to work for lunch & dinner, after a while u will get used to it. once u have saved up a sum of $$$, u can buy property in JB or anywhere in MY.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ideal situation : You live in JB, earn SGD.

But in Malaysia, it's one of those countries where a 2-lane highway can turn into a 5 lane pileup when it runs after work hours.

And have you ever been stuck in a traffic jam that lasted 3 hours just to travel 22km? Only in KL during rain after office hours. Why? Cuz it's bloody flooding everywhere.
Well in Jkt we've been in 4-5hrs jam for just 10-15kms travel though! :biggrin: But yeah, also due to massive flooding for more than 50% of the city at that time!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The grass is always greener on the other side. No point debating. You complain about traffic lights, we complain about lousy roads that flood and public transportation that doesn't work, the lack of traffic lights here doesn't help when its flooding.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have a pretty rare car on our hands this round. Its a vintage Lotus Esprit fully restored to factory standard. It was briefed by the owner himself that it was repainted by a very skillful painter and also the colour chosen was from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience