help!! my 20v idling problem!!

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Alex - try to adjust your VSV for A/C Idle-up using an allen key...look like in the picture given below...normally located near the firewall next to the wiper motor...

alex_khoo

Apr 17, 2006
oledi adjust tat thing( i got a spare 1...both oso adjust oledi but still same):bawling:

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
alex : my car got the idling problem when i install the half cut engine that time !!! but now no more problem !!!! i just changed what need to change :
plug
plug cable
fuel pressure regulator
filter
adjusted timing
clean injector
until i pok kai ...... then when i changed 2nd time engine oil suddenly got no problem d ..... :hmmmm2:
but now ... my car got chock during the constant drive !!! dont know y ??? that y iam looking for a pro shop to settle the problem !!!

thank a lot your guide way !!!!

levin818

Nov 29, 2003
Idling shouldn't drop to 500rpm eventhough with electrical load. Something wrong la... Come la to Kota Kemuning and buy me Old Town white coffee then i'll help you see look :biggrin:

Cronixz

Jun 11, 2007
Guys,

as i mention earlier after replacing the idling vacuum it was fine for 2-3days...
i've continue monitoring it.. but came back to its existing problemo....
its still revving up to 1200rpm or more... but the funny part is it goes up
either when i hit the clutch to change the gear or else when i switch on the aircond...
sometimes it stays at 1000rpm... but most of the time its more.... relly funny... However, i got an advice from my fren...
he mentioned it could be due to VVT pulley as well. yea my engine has that
"diesel" noise yet does it effect the timing as well?? anyone could advice me on this please?

alex_khoo

Apr 17, 2006
cronixz...my situaition is TERBALIK with u!!my rpm goes down to 500rpm:burnout:
my car oso got noisy DIESEL sound...maybe it was TRADEMARK for 20v。。lol

Cronixz

Jun 11, 2007
alex:

yea the diesel sound is common thingy in 4age as i herd in many forums and frenz.. haisss...this issue is js not resolving.... hav to change mounting as well... aredy loosing lotsa $$$.... lookin into priority 1st...

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
Alex - try to adjust your VSV for A/C Idle-up using an allen key...look like in the picture given below...normally located near the firewall next to the wiper motor...

i tot its called FICD

ahaw

Apr 1, 2007
living with same problem for few years already. normal idling : 400rpm with a/c 800rpm
sometimes engine choking below 2k rpm in 2nd gear..

alex_khoo

Apr 17, 2006
ahaw; ya..my problem is same v u now!! how u solve it?:biggrin:

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
all sifu ? mind to ask question ?

1)currently my car's expension tank must top up a bit water every single week.. the
expension tank level when cool time will at min-line then top up to max -line level for a
week!... izit normal for the 4age engine ? seem like the 4age hotter compare to other car
!? or my car got some problem d ?
2)after 2000 mileage engine oil will reduce abit when ramp n drive fast ! but if normal
condition driving for 5000mileage, engine oil not reduce !?... what is this issue ?!
engine oil = wyne 10 40W + blue chem oil system care

any sifu can share some knowledge !?

AE101-Wong

Jul 26, 2006
try to check ur steering rack vacuum hose, if tertanggal or poor hose condition will cause the problem u mentioned..
if everything tried, it's time to change blacktop wiring running MAP...hehehehe!!!

Cronixz

Jun 11, 2007
I realize my steering rack oil seal is kind of leaking .. but very small leakage... could it be due do that???

Halo.....
Do any one know how to make all 6 paking light on when you open the door?
not blinking when open,just wanna it on looks like all does BMW.
can any one can help???????