4AGZE 4 wire TPS convert to 2TZ-FE 3 wire TPS... Need help!!!

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi all folk,
I recently change my 4AGZE throttle body to 2TZ-FE (Estima Supercharge) which is 60mm to 70mm TB. But sadly, the TPS and TPS wire are not same... Our 4AGZE TPS is 4 wires, but 2TZ-FE are only 3 wires....
So anyone know how to crack it?

4AGZE TPS wiring are:

But 2TZ-FE wiring diagram are not able to sources it...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Help me pls.... ~~~~
T.T

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Anyone~!? Levin818 sifu ECU got any ideal?

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Anyone~!? Levin818 sifu ECU got any ideal?

latest update:
I noticed that TPS was the 1 using same on the 1ZZ-FE engine too... traced with part no too, confirmed it was same.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Bro, for 4A-GZE setup, you need a 4 wire type TPS (VC, VTA, IDL, E2).
According to your description, 2TZ-FE's TPS belongs to 3 wire type (VC,VTA, E2), which doesn't have IDL signal. It mean, 2TZ-FE's TPS cannot use for 4A-GZE.

However, there always a solution:
1) pull out 4A-GZE's TPS and plug into 2TZ-FE's. But this only can be done if both TPS has similar diamension.
2) custom made a circuit to detect the VTA signal at idling (approx. 0.6V-0.9V to E2) and send a IDL signal (low) to your ECU.
3) ask around who have done the swap successfully. Then just copy it :biggrin:

Good luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Levin818 bro.... Really thank ya... If I back to KL again, I will belanja you a champagne.

Beside, the IDL1 can join to E2 wire? Because saw from the diagram, it seem linked.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Cannot lar. In 4 wire type TPS, IDL1 only connected to E2 when the butterfly is almost close - to tell the ECU that the fuel paddle is release so that the ECU will switch the fuel map to idle map.
When you push the paddle down, no matter how deep it is, IDL1 and E2 is open - to notice the ECU that the need for speed is exist :P
If you permanently connected IDL1 to E2... you can imagine what will happened :biggrin:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
IDL pin is for idling condition,it is a switch inside the TPS to tell the ecu the throttle have been fully closed or slightly opened,ecu will sense if there is any 12v present.The ecu have specified idle parameters(idle speed timing,feedback etc).So if you didnt connect it the engine would still run,but maybe idle at higher rpm than specified.If you cannot use back the GZE TPS,just use the 2TZ,nevermind the IDL pin.It will run just that your idle is not correct as per factory specified,no problem..toyota tak marah :-)

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Cannot lar. In 4 wire type TPS, IDL1 only connected to E2 when the butterfly is almost close - to tell the ECU that the fuel paddle is release so that the ECU will switch the fuel map to idle map.
When you push the paddle down, no matter how deep it is, IDL1 and E2 is open - to notice the ECU that the need for speed is exist :P
If you permanently connected IDL1 to E2... you can imagine what will happened :biggrin:
Means that it might impossible to use that TPS?
Anyway... I just found out the 1G-GZE or 1G-GTE TPS are sharing the same kaki and type of TPS too... And it had 4 wire, but unfortunately that TPS was kaput and I can't recognize what are that TPS part no... You have it? And it can be interchange with PNP method?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
IDL pin is for idling condition,it is a switch inside the TPS to tell the ecu the throttle have been fully closed or slightly opened,ecu will sense if there is any 12v present.The ecu have specified idle parameters(idle speed timing,feedback etc).So if you didnt connect it the engine would still run,but maybe idle at higher rpm than specified.If you cannot use back the GZE TPS,just use the 2TZ,nevermind the IDL pin.It will run just that your idle is not correct as per factory specified,no problem..toyota tak marah :-)

Huh? Toyota Tak marah ke? Wahahahaha....

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Haha this is a good idea... just ignore ths IDL1 (left open) and the ECU will think that you have a habit to floor the paddle when stop in front of the traffic.
Just that, FC will be slightly higher.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Haha this is a good idea... just ignore ths IDL1 (left open) and the ECU will think that you have a habit to floor the paddle when stop in front of the traffic.
Just that, FC will be slightly higher.
Actually,for those who have 4 wires TPS but did not calibrate their TPS (if they have been adjusted or replaced) also will face the same problem,means that their TPS acts like a 3 wires TPS because the idle switch not properly adjusted,just that the driver does not aware of it only.High idle or hesitation will occur during move off situation.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Actually,for those who have 4 wires TPS but did not calibrate their TPS (if they have been adjusted or replaced) also will face the same problem,means that their TPS acts like a 3 wires TPS because the idle switch not properly adjusted,just that the driver does not aware of it only.High idle or hesitation will occur during move off situation.
Yes most of 20V owner has out setting TPS without noticing it.
Some mech tends to adjust TPS setting (which is totally not adviceable) in order to compensate the poor idling which actually caused by sticky IASV...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
all big bro... I just now want to try to cut the 4 wire TPS and willing to convert to 3 wire... But I have big problem is at... Which color cable is VC, VTA, IDL, E2? Paiseh le for asking help again...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Dear tuning sifus,

I drive a 2 litre hyundai coupe and I am thinking of upgrading the brakes on my ride...

was wondering whether the brakes on the mitsu can be put in? with some minor match up n bolt on job?... anyone knows?

anyone can fill me in? Can't really seem to get a definite answer....

was thinking, if it is possible to match the evo 4 brakes in....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience