help!! my 20v idling problem!!

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Yes bro, I'm not using VVT for a while cause hate the negative response when VVT kick. Will continue troubleshoot this problem later.

You also can try it by disconnect OCV socket to disable the VVT and observe the symptom.

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
kimi,
wah so expert of u...can u record the reving ur engine without vvt and share with us? coz quick interested with that thread..hehe:biggrin:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Yeah sure can. Revving without vvt is just like normal car. I'll try to capture both with/without vvt.
But not sure it will be noticeable or not in video

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi kimi,
then if vvt socket plug out...then the ecu without showing the error code? then how about the idle time? is that similar with stock engine ?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
hi kimi,
then if vvt socket plug out...then the ecu without showing the error code? then how about the idle time? is that similar with stock engine ?
Fei, plug out vvt (actually OCV) connector will not give any error code. Ecu will always give a signal to vvt but no respone from vvt and ocv assy as the connector removed.
Idle is like normal 20V coz vvt not engage while idle.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
This is picture of OCV.
OCV is acronym for Oil Control Valve

Attachments

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
guys...im back!! tis few day very pening with my car problem!!:s:...finally find out wat problem(tat foreman say my car fuel pump not not enough suck fuel) he recommand me to add a relay to the fuel pump n try!!but still cannot !!pening!!! after tat he say to add a FUEL REGULATOR to my car...after tat i can feel my car idlle better than b4(sometime start in morning still go down to 500rpm) but not mati engine like b4:confused:...BUT the thing i not satisfied is TAT fuel regulator i pasang 1st day onli kong oledi!!!shit!! after tat i go back n talk to him!! he say will change another NEW 1 to me...but 1 week past oledi oso say no stock lah tat lah!!!:thumpdown:...1 more thing is im angry is donno how they pasang !! USE donno wat kind of SHIT FUEL HOSE??? make me so angry!!!after 2 day i drive,i found my car got FUEL smell!!! shit!! then i check it with other foreman( he said tat not FUEL hose!!!! and it leaking and BENGKAK!!!....wahlau!! luckily i found it early??) if not donno it will blow my car anot!!!!!!

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi kimi,
just wanna to know that got any differential have vvt and not have vvt during engine running? is that without vvt will be more fuel to used? or more pick up? dun have any stalling during engine running within 2000 rpm-3000 rpm?
besides that, if i'm not mistaken, stock 4age pulley cam is can't run without vvt. is that statement true?.. then ur pulley cam already change to adjustable pulley cam? like toda cam etc...just wanna to know that.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Alex, ask back your new FPR, but don't install there any more. It seems that fello not willing to deliver good job.
Do not add extra relay for your fuel pump if the original wiring is still in good condition.
For your car, your mech has mod to piston type compressor and the aircon wiring already become hairwire. You ECU won't be able to detect the aircon load any more and this will drop your rpm whenever aircon is kicking on. You need to find a good wireman to revert your aircon's wiring otherwise you will never solve the problem.
And about your low rpm problem, if it is due fuel issue, the problem will occur immediate after reset your ECU. But now your idling problem only appears one or two days after resetting the ecu. This situation is likely due to vacuum leaking. I would suggest you to remove your 4-throttle for a 100% check. There are many tiny pasage behind the 4-throttle and you can't reach it if you don't remove the 4-throttle.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

me2kimi,
have your try turning on the vvt all time instead?
(do not plug back vvt socket. use seperate socket and wire up the vvt solenoid to battery)
But doing this way you need to re-adjust your timing.

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
last nite just reset my ECU. 1st disc batt for a few minutes, then connect back. but wait for very long until i pull out the EFI 15A for 30 sec, then put in again. then start engine let it warm a bit. then start run slowly. at 1st, when step on the throttle more it will choke between 2k to 3k rpm. then run smoothly, try a few more times by suddenly step on the throttle more, the result become better. after tat go out to highway, try run smoothly, sudden throttle, full throttle everything become normal & smooth. no more stall between 2k til 3k. with aircon on & off. then went back home.
1) is it i need to bring to my mech for them to dismantle the whole throttle body & ISCV for fully cleaning?
2) is it VVT start after around 3k rpm? coz before 3k, power like normal car, after tat can hear the sound of VVT kick in.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi nicholas, good to hear that. Please report your experience after few weeks later if you don;t mind.
Actually VVT activation is not like VTEC. VTEC will engage at certain RPM but VVT will engage by referring to this graph. VVT will start engage as low as 1700 RPM when throttle angle is more than 15.

Attachments

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
hi kimi,
just wanna to know that got any differential have vvt and not have vvt during engine running? is that without vvt will be more fuel to used? or more pick up? dun have any stalling during engine running within 2000 rpm-3000 rpm?
besides that, if i'm not mistaken, stock 4age pulley cam is can't run without vvt. is that statement true?.. then ur pulley cam already change to adjustable pulley cam? like toda cam etc...just wanna to know that.

From my situation, I can't feel any sluggish anymore at 2k-3k running without VVT. More pickup? i dont think so. Coz VVT help to give more torque.
I'm still using stock cam. The VVT not activate cos I unplug the connector. VVT is still remain just not active.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

me2kimi,
have your try turning on the vvt all time instead?
(do not plug back vvt socket. use seperate socket and wire up the vvt solenoid to battery)
But doing this way you need to re-adjust your timing.
I already try the method that you mention. But idling is very bad, plus Voltage also fluctuated. So I didn't dare to drive it. My next step troubleshooting is I will check oil pressure. If Oil pressure is ok, then I think it's time to change VVT pulley or OCV. (My VVT pulley already had a hard taxi sound)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

https://youtu.be/l-zDt9FGJi8

This is the difference..pretty interesting to learn this. izso you knew about this?

I love it when people tell me that their Sumo engine oil, their "racing" oil, or their JTX engine oil damn good.

A glimpse inside Mobil 1, and I believe the big boys like Shell, Total, Castrol would have something similar in terms of R&D.

Oh, and keep your "race proven" engine oils. Race engines are rebuilt annually or after EVERY RACE. So unless you rebuild...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience