WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's gonna cost me even more in future if i am getting one. Restoring the ran down parts and worn interiors will really cost me lot. Hopefully still can get a decent unit. Might opt to buy from direct owner.
It's always better to buy direct. Why not just hang out in the Evo club or something and see if anyone has one for sale?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah man, yet they still got the balls to put it on sale.

It's gonna cost me even more in future if i am getting one. Restoring the ran down parts and worn interiors will really cost me lot. Hopefully still can get a decent unit. Might opt to buy from direct owner.
That's why dealers won't fix/restore them coz it's expensive! The bad thing is they still want to sell at the normal price. If the condition is not that good still fine as long as the price is also comparatively lower than the average market price. So say a good Evo IX market price is around rm120k, so one with not so good condition should be rm110k or even below, then that is fair enough. But again what's more important is the body condition coz if got major accidents then already cacat and no matter how much money you put on it it's not going to be the same anymore. Other things like broken parts or worn out interiors can still be replaced/fixed easily if got money.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
It's always better to buy direct. Why not just hang out in the Evo club or something and see if anyone has one for sale?
Hehehe not for this mean time, since i decided to postpone my purchase. Later poisoned 99 and can't resist the temptation !

That's why dealers won't fix/restore them coz it's expensive! The bad thing is they still want to sell at the normal price. If the condition is not that good still fine as long as the price is also comparatively lower than the average market price. So say a good Evo IX market price is around rm120k, so one with not so good condition should be rm110k or even below, then that is fair enough. But again what's more important is the body condition coz if got major accidents then already cacat and no matter how much money you put on it it's not going to be the same anymore. Other things like broken parts or worn out interiors can still be replaced/fixed easily if got money.
I can't trust dealers now, if i am really need to buy from dealer, i will go pay a visit to Naza World. If i remember correctly, i saw an E8 in the showroom still. That was like months ago.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hehehe not for this mean time, since i decided to postpone my purchase. Later poisoned 99 and can't resist the temptation !

I can't trust dealers now, if i am really need to buy from dealer, i will go pay a visit to Naza World. If i remember correctly, i saw an E8 in the showroom still. That was like months ago.
Naza World is selling all expensive cars leh! In principle ALL used car dealers are dishonest no matter what coz that's the nature of the business! It's up to us consumers to be smart about it and make a good judgement on how much money we're willing to spend on a particular used car at a specific condition.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
do what izo said.. hangout in the evo groups... it really helps, thats how i got my car, i hung out for a long time in car groups, happily admiring cars till someone suddenly made me an offer for a pretty decent car

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Naza World is selling all expensive cars leh! In principle ALL used car dealers are dishonest no matter what coz that's the nature of the business! It's up to us consumers to be smart about it and make a good judgement on how much money we're willing to spend on a particular used car at a specific condition.
Actually if you know someone from within especially high management, you can get some special deals. Anyway i have connections and i don't wanna expose him here. For the meantime i will focus on other fundamental needs first before putting this evo search into the game. Hehe.

do what izo said.. hangout in the evo groups... it really helps, thats how i got my car, i hung out for a long time in car groups, happily admiring cars till someone suddenly made me an offer for a pretty decent car
Yes, join their FB clubs/forums, got a few in Malaysia.
Scared posioned 99 lar ... beh tahan all those stares threw by any gen evos at me. Haha.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Scared posioned 99 lar ... beh tahan all those stares threw by any gen evos at me. Haha.
lol.... nvm, kahwin cepat then spend all your $ on other things, that way you will be immune to any type of poison!:proud:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
lol.... nvm, kahwin cepat then spend all your $ on other things, that way you will be immune to any type of poison!:proud:
But poison can be very bad influence. Die, die also want then go into debt......hhahhahahah:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Buy house and get married first la. But buy the evo before your 1st kid. 1 kid = 1 Lamborghini price.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hahahaha ! Honestly nowadays apa pun mahal, kahwin also need to watch the bank too. I think i will need another 2 or 3 years. We both just started to rebuild our career after spent a year in Aussie for a Masters.

But poison can be very bad influence. Die, die also want then go into debt......hhahhahahah:biggrin:
Smart spending is the key, but if mods are too damn worth it, die die will go into debt too le. That's why avoid poison, think with the brain. Hehe.

Buy house and get married first la. But buy the evo before your 1st kid. 1 kid = 1 Lamborghini price.
Er no plans for child. Honestly i don't really like to raise a child. If i go back in time and i see myself as a kid, think i would like to punch myself too. I'm a very naughty one as a child haha.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahahaha ! Honestly nowadays apa pun mahal, kahwin also need to watch the bank too. I think i will need another 2 or 3 years. We both just started to rebuild our career after spent a year in Aussie for a Masters.

Smart spending is the key, but if mods are too damn worth it, die die will go into debt too le. That's why avoid poison, think with the brain. Hehe.

Er no plans for child. Honestly i don't really like to raise a child. If i go back in time and i see myself as a kid, think i would like to punch myself too. I'm a very naughty one as a child haha.
Congrats to you getting your Masters...:adore:

Kahwin not too bad, but preparation is the killer, like getting a house, then furnishing it and all that.

After marriage, enjoying your couple lives, later sure need kids leh! I have two kids, and when they were young it is a hassle bringing them up but that is life. When they are around you, you find them noisy and annoying, but when they are like not around like visiting grand parents, you will fell very lonely.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Wah...

Probably, this is the longest chat to get an Evo in Malaysia.
Can set a record already.

If you think to deep, might be some other car suited your requirement.