Will F1 tyre mechanics lose their jobs?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
So how? I noticed that those mechanic last time in charge of tyre change just stand around the car looking so stupid with their hands in the pocket...hhahaha

Will they lose their jobs?

Raikkonen

Known Member
Aug 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
retrenchment... hahahahahahaha.... :lol: :lol:
currently they still got job, measure temperature of each tyre

what to do, cost reduction mah.
next desperate measure, fire schumacher n bring back alex yong

schuy's 1 year salary = alex's entire courier

FTO

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Raikkonen@Mar 7 2005, 17:40
retrenchment... hahahahahahaha.... :lol: :lol:
currently they still got job, measure temperature of each tyre

what to do, cost reduction mah.
next desperate measure, fire schumacher n bring back alex yong

schuy's 1 year salary = alex's entire courier
then there might be no cars qualified for raceday in numerous occasion along the season...LOL

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
As far as I can remember, they need 3 men for each tyre last time. 1 for unscrewing the nut and 1 for taking out the tyre and 1 for putting in the new tyre.

So now only need 1 man for measure tyre temp and pressure... so what about the other 2 men?

bigboystoys

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
changing tires is just one of the other task the race mechanics do...
when during practises or between sessions... they work on the cars... replacing any parts in lightning quick times...

they're not entirely out of job during pitstops... they are still prepared to change tires if the tires degrade beyond safety levels..

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Aiya Schumacher makes almost 2million USD per race weekend. That's more than my whole lifetime also la.

zique

Kopi O Lesen Driver
Jun 30, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
mikeyip.com
Well, they won't be going anywhere, apart from just changing the tyres, they are also doing other stuffs, after all, they are mechanics of the team.

They will still be performing, especially when in races where there are rain in between the races that requires them to change the dry and wet tyres.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
sigh.... the new rules sucks....

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
i tot those tyre men are mechanics as well? they do simple repair on the race car instead of changing tyre. The requirements to become those tyre men are very high. Many of them are having engineering degree with years of experience. Read that their base salary is about USD3000 atleast.

It will be a great pleasure to work in an F1 team even just a tyre men...can involve in the race....travel around the world.....somemore the pay is high also.....

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
if you read today's star papers, even the guy who holds the pit infomation board during raceday has a job function after the race. these f1 teams are a bunch of super organised people and everyone knows wat and wat not to do and they're also multiskilled. that means that even if tyre changed are not allowed, they could still be in the background doing monitoring, technician work, floor sweeper, photographer or watsoever la.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by InitialD@Mar 7 2005, 17:46
As far as I can remember, they need 3 men for each tyre last time. 1 for unscrewing the nut and 1 for taking out the tyre and 1 for putting in the new tyre.

So now only need 1 man for measure tyre temp and pressure... so what about the other 2 men?
[snapback]796174[/snapback]​
the other 2 arrr....stand there see water laaaaa...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I wonder is proton 4G92P and 4G93P thermostat is the same?

I'm wanted to change my thermostat but not sure which one?

My current engine heat level is just above 2bar where my friends all
is above 3 or 4bar or half?

please advise?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience