Tyre Change For 2006

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
The FIA has made a decision to reintroduce tyre changes for the 2006 season. For the 2006 season each driver is allowed seven sets per event, with drivers allowed to change during the race. This decision by the FIA has upset tyre supplier Michelin. Check all the details at formula1.com

Last edited:

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Slipknot Fanatic said:
The FIA has made a decision to reintroduce tyre changes for the 2006 season. For the 2006 season each driver is allowed seven sets per event, with drivers allowed to change during the race. This decision by the FIA has upset tyre supplier Michelin. Check all the details at formula1.com
Max and Michellin are at it again....

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Michelin is also upset about the FIA's idea to have one tyre supllier starting from 2008. Quite a few teams have already changed to Bridgestone for the 2006 season. The heat between the FIA and Michelin have been going on since the USGP. Bridgestone had a disadvantage this year because they only supplied to three teams compared to Michelin supplying seven teams.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
FIA lacked something called consistency. I'm not trying to be biased towards anyone but if they have decided on one rule, then let it be. It seems to me they're just trying and see which one works best. The one tyre ruling to me was a real silly ruling but it benefitted Michelin most while Bridgestone struggled. Now they're returning to tyre change and quite obviously Michelin who benefitted from the earlier ruling is making lotsa noise.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Slipknot Fanatic said:
Michelin is also upset about the FIA's idea to have one tyre supllier starting from 2008. Quite a few teams have already changed to Bridgestone for the 2006 season. The heat between the FIA and Michelin have been going on since the USGP. Bridgestone had a disadvantage this year because they only supplied to three teams compared to Michelin supplying seven teams.
I think Toyota and Williams have been forced into signing up with Bridgestones. Maybe my word is a little too harsh here but i personally think FIA had a small say in getting them to switch boat simply because Bridgestone were struggling so badly this season and quite obviously they lacked tyre testing by a good team. Come on, you don't consider Minardi or Jordan as testers, don't you? So to even out the playing field, they had to get these 2 teams to join them. I do think with the new tyre ruling, Bridgestone will be competetive again.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Michelin is just worried that the tyre change will make Bridgestone more competitive. In 2006 Jordan will be known as Midland F1 and Minardi will be 'Squadra Torro Rosso' (Italian for 'Team Red Bull'). With a good budget there is no doubt these two teams can afford to do a lot of testing that can also be a vital part in Bridgestone's tyre development. Bridgestone will now be supplying to Ferrari, Williams, Toyota, Midland F1, and Squadra Torro Rosso. Its good to know that it will be level playing field in 2006 compared to this year.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
you will not know the new rules is better for which tyre manufacturer until the season start...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
prodigy said:
FIA lacked something called consistency. I'm not trying to be biased towards anyone but if they have decided on one rule, then let it be. It seems to me they're just trying and see which one works best. The one tyre ruling to me was a real silly ruling but it benefitted Michelin most while Bridgestone struggled. Now they're returning to tyre change and quite obviously Michelin who benefitted from the earlier ruling is making lotsa noise.
i guess it all started since ferrari showed their dominant in the last 5 years...isnt it?

prodigy is rite, FIA must show some consistency. ferrari had been dominant since 1999 but remember they were not previously. even 20 years before that also ferrari was struggling and they earned their win all by the hard way.

so what will happen if renault wins all 17 races next season? boring rite? change rules again??

sighhhhhhh.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The new super-luxury saloon Rolls-Royce Ghost was previewed in KL today for the first time and it brought along class, quality, excellence, finesse and a lot of poise to Malaysian roads. For RM2.6million, it had better be all that and some. But lets not forget for a second that this is Rolls-Royce we are talking about here, there is no other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience