Which is the MOST durable car wax / sealant ?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone got any suggestion as to which brand is THE MOST durable wax / sealant ?

My repainter suggested ...

NU FINISH,

a US product claiming to be able to last ONE year or 50 plus washes...

The other is COLLINITE which I think is not locally available...

All suggestions welcomed, professional detailers comments most welcomed with thanks!:top::itsme:

(sorry durable mis-spelt, couldnt edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Re: Which is the MOST drable car wax / sealant ?

50 washes or 1 year? That is sky high claims. And even if true, only applicable to US climate (and i mean the best US climate). For protection, for me, I get something fast and easy like optimum car wax. But if you are a waxer and love to experiment on boutique waxes, like how i've been poisoned, go and try everything endlessly. Or if money is not a problem, get swisswax. I've seen it last 6 months in Malaysia climate. The higher range ones, that it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

50 washes or 1 year? That is sky high claims. And even if true, only applicable to US climate (and i mean the best US climate). For protection, for me, I get something fast and easy like optimum car wax. But if you are a waxer and love to experiment on boutique waxes, like how i've been poisoned, go and try everything endlessly. Or if money is not a problem, get swisswax. I've seen it last 6 months in Malaysia climate. The higher range ones, that it.
Carnauba wax will melt in our hot weather. Will not last that long. Best is to DIY and apply more often, whether wax and/or sealants....:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Carnauba wax will melt in our hot weather. Will not last that long. Best is to DIY and apply more often, whether wax and/or sealants....:biggrin:
Carnauba wax only last for 2 weeks on my car, max. Working time the car is exposed to weather most of the time. Car parked in hse porch with carnauba wax can last for 1-2 months. Dats also because its a weekend car, very seldom use.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Came across a car that uses Swissvax mystery. Forgot the carnauba content but its one of the very high content ones. The wax last aobut 5 months. Even OCW last up to one month when I use it. Driven everyday with ridiculous rain and hell tropical sun.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm just using cheap ones, Soft 99 product. Lucky if it lasts 1 mth. :)
Btw what's the best value to remove watermarks/spots? By best value I mean cheap ones but works and easy to apply without any risks! Don't tell me those expensive ones like Maguire's stuff, not interested to spend that much. :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How do you guys determine the length of usefulness for a wax or sealant?

Let me compare my own tests with yours. I am using NXT2.0 from Meguairs and initial application shows very nice water beading. But after a week it just turns into mush instead of beading. It can't be that bad right?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Let me compare my own tests with yours. I am using NXT2.0 from Meguairs and initial application shows very nice water beading. But after a week it just turns into mush instead of beading. It can't be that bad right?
After 1 week, u'll notice water on some surface of your car beads better than other surfaces. Dat means the wax at those surface where water doesn't beads is running out of protection. I've read from somewhere that said if you rub your finger across the surface and there is squeaking sound, means no more wax left on that surface.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Does not bead means no more wax, but is this effect after your wash? What shampoo are you using?
Like bro. eohl mention use a topper after wash to bring back the shine and beading. I do that after every wash...

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sincere thanks to our moderator, PocketRocket for the spelling correction.......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Does not bead means no more wax, but is this effect after your wash? What shampoo are you using?
Like bro. eohl mention use a topper after wash to bring back the shine and beading. I do that after every wash...
Bro VR2,

What do you mean by a topper?

Is it like the spray wax?:confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I use optimum no rinse to wash my car most of the time. It's supposedly ultra mild and does not affect any top coating or wax. After waxing and curing for a good 20hrs, the wax does an excellent job of beading, but after a week instead of beading it just splatters all over. I don't think NXT2.0 is that bad right? What am I doing wrong?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sincere thanks to our moderator, PocketRocket for the spelling correction.......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Bro VR2,

What do you mean by a topper?

Is it like the spray wax?:confused:
Yup, something that is easy to apply on, even though mild protection against the normal wax/sealant application.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

I use optimum no rinse to wash my car most of the time. It's supposedly ultra mild and does not affect any top coating or wax. After waxing and curing for a good 20hrs, the wax does an excellent job of beading, but after a week instead of beading it just splatters all over. I don't think NXT2.0 is that bad right? What am I doing wrong?
Have not tried the NXT 2.0 but have tried the one before, the MG#21 synthetic sealant. Since synthetic sealant thought it would last but actually not, however like yours it beads very well, and is very slick after application. I bought 1 liter of it, but after a year the chemical in it split into liquid and paste and cannot be used anymore....:mad:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
When you mean splatter, do u mean water begin to sheet only after a week? My KiT wax although cant last for more than 2 weeks, water sheeting is still nowhere to be seen. It's just that the water that beads on the surface become larger beads.

V2r: Wah..1 liter gone lor? Is it exposed to humid air? Dat means it literally "expires" :hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
When you mean splatter, do u mean water begin to sheet only after a week? My KiT wax although cant last for more than 2 weeks, water sheeting is still nowhere to be seen. It's just that the water that beads on the surface become larger beads.

V2r: Wah..1 liter gone lor? Is it exposed to humid air? Dat means it literally "expires" :hmmmm:
It doesn't sheet water as well. Beads don't form as readily anymore. And irritatingly the beads that are on the car collect so much dust in it that when it dries my car looks like it has chicken pox

V2R : your expensive stuff needs expensive users la. You too kiamsiap to use it that's why expire so fast! :biggrin: Can you just shake shake shake the thing to mix it up?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It doesn't sheet water as well. Beads don't form as readily anymore. And irritatingly the beads that are on the car collect so much dust in it that when it dries my car looks like it has chicken pox

V2R : your expensive stuff needs expensive users la. You too kiamsiap to use it that's why expire so fast! :biggrin: Can you just shake shake shake the thing to mix it up?
If the chicken pox is easily removed when you wash your car, that means the dust isn't stucked into the paint as there's a layer of wax beneath it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody tried buying china oxygen sensor before? Anyone bought before and is it ok?

I tried to find new oxygen sensor for my car, its a nissan primera P12 engine. The sensor connector is light blue color, with 3 wires. Couldnt find original or branded oem sensor. All i can find is china brand or no brand oxygen sensor from china..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience