Which is the MOST durable car wax / sealant ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
vR2 : I was talking about soft99 fusso sealant. Sealant is after waxing right? And need to apply pressure for sealant? How would I know it's 'there'?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
vR2 : I was talking about soft99 fusso sealant. Sealant is after waxing right? And need to apply pressure for sealant? How would I know it's 'there'?
Nope. Sealing isn't after waxing but the opposite. Also have to know whether the sealant is compatible with the wax or not coz it might strip off the sealant altogether. It is just that you have to prep you car surface as clean as possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong ya any sifu here hehe...

To apply, just put some on a foam applicator or damp cloth (I prefer foam, those really for waxing type), then glide through the surface of a section, then move in circular motion steadily in horizontal then vertical pattern until the whole section is covered. Actually u just gotta guide and glide the applicator without using much force or pressure on it coz u r not doing any cleaning/compounding/polishing. Sealing and waxing are just to make sure the product is on the surface and cures on it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, most will seal with sealant, cured then apply wax over it. Wax should be pure wax then would not remove the sealant. If those wax with cleaning agent then will remove sealant.
As for pressure, a little so that you can spread it as a thinner layer.....

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
With malaysia climate, anything sealant/wax that is synthetic based (artificial formulated) will last longer than carnauba wax...the "SPREADING" technique usually refer to 'circular motion'

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
ill be trying out MPA11000, a finishing polish on my new car, worry MPA9000 would be too strong, heck even new car its full with spider web in the paint

Festool Shinex, Pads & Polishes- 1st time runout. - Detailing World

ok according to thier page its a 1 step, shine and protect polish, so is this the only thing i need to use if i plan to polish the car every 2 months or so? or do i still to put on wax after this polish?

arch5069

May 29, 2012
Penang
Since its an AIO, as it says "1 step shine and polish", it does contain some protective elements albeit may not be so durable. So, I would IMHO, would layer a pure sealant/wax for more protection and durabilty.:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I finally tried applying the Fusso "Sealant wax". Is that supposed to be a sealant or a wax? Anyway it applied on nicely (thin layer), dried up nicely and wiped off effortlessly. Heck it was easier than my NXT2.0. So am I supposed to top it off with wax or not? Touching the layer after more than 24hrs feels silky to the finger and smoth. But not as silky as the NXT2.0 parts of my car (I did a half half).

Detailing is hard. *scratches head*

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I finally tried applying the Fusso "Sealant wax". Is that supposed to be a sealant or a wax? Anyway it applied on nicely (thin layer), dried up nicely and wiped off effortlessly. Heck it was easier than my NXT2.0. So am I supposed to top it off with wax or not? Touching the layer after more than 24hrs feels silky to the finger and smoth. But not as silky as the NXT2.0 parts of my car (I did a half half).

Detailing is hard. *scratches head*
Is that Fusso Coat? because got many types. Last time bro. fishbonez tried one Fusso Coat, very good water beading but not good protection. A dark layer forms on top after a few rain storms....

Detailing take as exercise......:biggrin: