Upgrading Engine - JPJ Registration

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
just wondering how u guys go abt registering your cars after conversion. Most I heard use runners and its quite expensive...

Anyone done it by themselves? is it tought esp. with all your tints and loud exhaust?

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by integramania@Jan 3 2005, 17:50
just wondering how u guys go abt registering your cars after conversion. Most I heard use runners and its quite expensive...

Anyone done it by themselves? is it tought esp. with all your tints and loud exhaust?
go to JPJ and told them that u want to register your engine... be sure to bring your grant, receipts and engine AP with you. They'll tell you what u need to fill out and where to send to. then you'll wait for the SURAT KAWALSELIA to come and pre-approve already. Then go for puspakom VR1 inspection (around RM40) and it's usually quite easy. then take the thing back to JPJ to get your endorsement. that's it.

take a day off to do the puspakom and JPJ. the first step could be done with 1 or 2 hours. ;)

runners? usually around RM300 to RM500 depends... but it's actually nothing to it. :D

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
they said mirage body kit in satria cannot get through right?
but there is one malay workshop told me that bodykit can be legal if register... is it true?

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by topui11@Jan 3 2005, 18:05
go to JPJ and told them that u want to register your engine... be sure to bring your grant, receipts and engine AP with you. They'll tell you what u need to fill out and where to send to. then you'll wait for the SURAT KAWALSELIA to come and pre-approve already. Then go for puspakom VR1 inspection (around RM40) and it's usually quite easy. then take the thing back to JPJ to get your endorsement. that's it.

take a day off to do the puspakom and JPJ. the first step could be done with 1 or 2 hours. ;)

runners? usually around RM300 to RM500 depends... but it's actually nothing to it. :D
wow sounds easy man....so why they wanna charge so much then?

anyway if car modded like I mention will be no probs? esp. loud exhaust?

Thanks

EG9wannabe

Known Member
Sep 7, 2004
when sending yur car for inspection, better to let it stock standard .. 15" okay .. not too lowered, coz afraid of sangkut when doing the underneath scanning .. tinting if possible not too dark .. brake system .. exhaust system ..

do it yurself .. puspakom normally has two lanes .. one for comercial vehicles and another for private vehicles .. if yu're early, no need to que .. I did mime for one hour only ..

wfc31

Known Member
Aug 11, 2004
wfc31.fotopic.net
topui11,
u say need to bring the car grant, receipt and engine AP, what receipt and what AP, mind to explain?
if i buy the engine from our local car owner themself due to he/she changed engine and we buy the engine from he/she, then what document to bring to JPJ & Puspakom?

EG9wannabe

Known Member
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by wfc31@Jan 3 2005, 20:27
topui11,
u say need to bring the car grant, receipt and engine AP, what receipt and what AP, mind to explain?
if i buy the engine from our local car owner themself due to he/she changed engine and we buy the engine from he/she, then what document to bring to JPJ & Puspakom?
receipt .. from the chop shop
AP .. half cut AP loorr ..

local car owner .. ask for the copy and the original grant

EG9wannabe

Known Member
Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by integramania@Jan 3 2005, 18:41
but then if car got all the stuff like big rims, exhaust, bodykit....then is it advisable to DIY bro?
big rims no prob wan .. they only interested in yur papers ..

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
exhaust just change back to stock lor...
i did the JPJ inspection myself 1.3 to 1.6...quite easy actually....no need to pay kopi O...
15" rims and lowered...but exhaust standard and stock...and no bodykit......no problem at all :)

EG9wannabe

Known Member
Sep 7, 2004
agree with speedking .. change back to stock exhaust .. if using back box .. make sure he sound not so loud .. me using 3 " outlet with straight flow .. but underneath got two bullets .. so not that loud ..

as for body part .. better use back yur ori laa .. just in case .. aa llaa .. only 1 hour what ..