Thinking of upgrading my 4g15 to...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
HI

Doing a survey. im driving wira se. thinking to upgrade 4g15 to any 1.8 NA engine (dun wan turbo or sc). lowest cost is my main criteria for transplant.

can please help to list down the option and estimate cost of engine including transplant?

thanks

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
your other option will be sgti,wira 1.8 or putra engine....last time selling quite cheap bout rm800 for the engine.....if with gearbox maybe rm1k++ close to rm2k.

other wise...u could upgrade your 4G15.......dun play2....i had a fren using 4G15 can tapau mivec 1.6 & 1.8 too.......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
4G93 so cheap ah Danz? Last time I asked 4G93 was in the RM4000++ price range!

Takuya : You looking for big upgrade or what? If your main concern is cost, it's cheaper to just stroke, balance, blue print and upgrade your car. Hehe.. Won't have the power of a 4G93 1.8 but at least you won't have the hassle of Puspakom inspection, price of buying the engine, price of overhauling the engine and price of installing the engine.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
properly done reliable BOT engine is not cheap... people had done it before... 4g15 BOT producing 180whp.... spent more than 10k on it... but the feeling of smoking other higher powered car is priceless...

if u want cheap and reliable upgrade, 4g93 is the way...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Thanks guys... still thinking... hehe....good options you guys provide there :)

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

BOT, best and cheapest, if done properly.
My friend said if BOT 4g15 cant pass puspakom/jpj..true ?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
if you dont want turbo and want 1.8 i would suggest 4g67 as the spare parts and upgrade parts would be in abundance if you every needed them :biggrin:
you should just put in the standard 4G67 engine and try and run should feel pretty good the compression not too bad

kanthang

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
correct me if i am wrong, skywalker.... the maintenance for a 4g93 over a period time is considerably higher compared to a 4g15 bot, is it not... in terms of the cost of engine internals(in the event something gets blown), overall fuel consumption and etc... In terms of power, def the 4g93 will yield max power with extreme modifications. then again, for normal city usage, the torque and power from a simple bot (with consideration to the weight of the engine) would be more than sufficient

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
correct me if i am wrong, skywalker.... the maintenance for a 4g93 over a period time is considerably higher compared to a 4g15 bot, is it not... in terms of the cost of engine internals(in the event something gets blown), overall fuel consumption and etc... In terms of power, def the 4g93 will yield max power with extreme modifications. then again, for normal city usage, the torque and power from a simple bot (with consideration to the weight of the engine) would be more than sufficient
you shouldnt have to assume something will get blown if the engine is built and installed properly should be able to last for years and years
the most is top overhaul like every 5 years and that also if its absolutely necessary

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Parts in general for the 4G93 is more expensive than the 4G15. Not talking about blown parts, just general maintenance. But it's not that significantly different that it becomes unaffordable.

I think the biggest issue with BOT is JPJ. You don't have to register BOT but good luck at roadblocks.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

if you dont want turbo and want 1.8 i would suggest 4g67 as the spare parts and upgrade parts would be in abundance if you every needed them :biggrin:
you should just put in the standard 4G67 engine and try and run should feel pretty good the compression not too bad
Isn't the 4G67 super heavy? Nose heavy FWD is no fun man

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Parts in general for the 4G93 is more expensive than the 4G15. Not talking about blown parts, just general maintenance. But it's not that significantly different that it becomes unaffordable.

I think the biggest issue with BOT is JPJ. You don't have to register BOT but good luck at roadblocks.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Isn't the 4G67 super heavy? Nose heavy FWD is no fun man
yeah thats true
but the nose heavy part can be easily countered with adjustables or even sport suspension then the effect would be dramatically reduced :biggrin:
the main reason why i opted to suggest the 4g67 over the 4g93 is because the 4g67 is much more upgradable and much more parts in the market
although if the owner is absolutely certain he doesnt want to go turbo eventually and wants to remain NA then definitely i would have suggested the 93 for sure as its definitely way better than the 67 in stock form :biggrin:
best to be certain about future expectations now otherwise it would cost a lot to change engines in the future

kanthang

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whats the approximate cost of a 4g67? y the sudden caution at roadblocks if there is no need for a registration for bot. any previous experience?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
whats the approximate cost of a 4g67? y the sudden caution at roadblocks if there is no need for a registration for bot. any previous experience?
yeah actually i wouldn't be worried if i had BOT because the only criteria they can check is the engine number
its just that i think what bro izso meant to say is they will normally pull over cars equipped with turbochargers because they think you might be running an unendorsed engine
so it would be a hassle for you anyways even if you had done everything by the book its not really a trouble but more a hassle :banghead:

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

just the 4g67 engine itself about 1800
these engine are much more expensive now than ever because it can be easily fully converted to evo because it shares a similar configuration so you will not have any endorsment or roablock problems because you can go by the book and still feel the power of a 4g63 engine :top:
so this has caused the market price to go up
before when endorsement wasnt such a big deal you could get this block for just a couple of hundred coz no demand at all

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any pro and cons?

curently i am running with one bullet only

what if i instal another bullet?

improvement or more ristriction to the gas flow?

need some advise..thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience