Steering wheel bosskit for for airbag equipped cars?

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Hey guys. Need to find out something here, hope someone has experience in this.

Is there a specific kind of bosskit for Proton cars (Wira, Satria) originally with airbag equipped? I've been told that for airbag cars the kit is different.

Where can I find such a boss kit?

Thanks in advance.

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Sorry I didnt make it clearer.

I meant to say that the car is originally equipped with an airbag, and say I want to change to an aftermarket steering, I will need a special bosskit, no?

The normal bosskit wont fit because of some airbag wiring and horn connector difference thing apparantly...

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
I'm driving a proton car which has factory equipped airbag steering. After a few years, I changed to a 2nd hand momo since the leather of the airbag steering started to peel off badly. I tried to find a decent steering re-wrap shop but to no avail. The quality simply won't match as the stock steering.

So I bought 2nd hand aftermarket steering and get it installed at acc shop. Bosskit? Using capalang bosskit sold by the shop. I saw the workmanshio myself. First, they took off the front cover of the airbag and some wires connected to the airbag. There were only 2-3 wires if I'm not mistaken. Then, took off the whole steering.. install the capalang bosskit and finally the aftermarket steering. I keep the old steering under my bed at home. 1-2 months later I bought 2nd hand lancer/evo bosskit since the plastic cover of that capalang bosskit has gone soft and some weird sound came out as I turn the steering wheel while driving.

Just buy a 2nd hand evo bosskit and bring your aftermarket steering to your favorite acc shop. They should know what to do. There are a lot of sgti's out there using aftermarket steering w/o any prob.

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Hmm just any bosskit will do?

I thought without a specific bosskit you will have the airbag lights on and the horn's contact point has to be altered...

Will try asking around the shops. I think it should be quite difficult to source an original mitsu bosskit though?

Thanks =)

Sep 15, 2006
hey guys im new over here and i drive a hyundai accent RXs-5 and im looking 4a steering wheel bosskit for my car????...

any ideas plz drop ur replies...thanx in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

An annual detailing is a must for most uncoated cars. Oxidation and paint deterioration usually happens when the car is exposed to our daily environmental damages like rain, UV, bird dropping, tree sap, etc. This is not just any CRZ we have with here today, its*belongs the infamous PocRoc from ZTH. So, it begins...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience