Running without thermostat

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Feb 11 2005, 11:32
ever noticed that yer engine oil gets black very fast if u dont use thermostat?
if your engine never reaches its optimum working temp. the autochoke/cold start circuit will still be working, thus u get a slightly rich mixture all the time! this will just leave a lotta carbon deposits around to dirty your engine oil.

i had a customer like this b4...whenever i changed his engine oil...it looked as if i never did anything at all!! :lol:

poji_EG9

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Nilai/KLIA/SIC
Visit site
hi all,

for Vtec engine especially B16A, we suggest to use thermostat...if we dismantle the thermostat, engine will take a lot of time during morning to achieve operating temperature....that time will effect fuel consumption due to our ecu will read engine condition still cold then supply more fuel...then become rich mixture....and yr vtec will not fully open until you reach optimum temp.

for vtec, without thermostat will make our engine running under operating temperature especially during night time/early morning at hiway...sometime temp. drop down to C'....haha...that time vtec cannot open... :D

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
wah ur vtec 230 km/h ar?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I own a CRZ and at the bottom of the front windshield, there a part that always collect water.
And I am not sure if its due to rain water or tap water collecting there. Here's a pic.

Any way i can try to remove it?

Ive tried glass cleaner and elbow grease, but doesnt seem to work at all. Am afraid it might be permenantly marked.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience