Need Help..Running on 2 cylinders!!

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
Dear all..

In dire need of advice and opinion...my car is stuck at the workshop after 2 of its cylinder lost ignition..to be precise..1 and 4..in order to detect what causes this; my mechanic has done this:

i. Checked n changed the ignition n coil
ii. Checked n changed the plug cable
iii. Checked n tested the ECU
iv. Checked and changed the distributor

but the result is still the same...no ignition at 1 and 4 cylinder...last resort for tomorrow is to get the overall wiring checked..

Aside from that...'check engine' light will not go away and my front headlamp will automatically switched on whenever the engine started..

FYI, its a wira with a mivec 1.8 engine..cannot sleep nite la like this :banghead:...darned...sifoos and frens..please help me...TQ.:confused::banghead:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Sound like wiring issue.
U have to dismantle ur wiring and check it one by one.

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
TQ bro..car is still stuck at the workshop...still cant find the cause... :banghead:

pedot

Apr 26, 2009
becoz it affected the headlight.. i assume its cause by wiring issue..
but sometime bad head or block might cause that as well.. low compression on the piston..

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
Problem solved...manage to trace the problem..seems that one of the 'dimmer' in the ecu is loose plus wiring issues..solution is to solder it..n running fine right now...crossing my fingers though...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , i currently using 4g93 VDO engine . as we know , the downside of VDO is the tuning part because of it cant attached with piggyback and other ecu unless changing the wiring to the MMC version or use standalone management .
Im here to ask some ideas from sifu about modification of it without changing wiring or management .aim to get 140 whp .
current mod list : cam pulley(BOTH),fuel regulator,iridium spark plug,aerospeed plug cable,r3 extractor.
Thanksss :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience