engine running lean

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
engine is pinging when the weather is hot, all smooth when it's not.
took the sparkplugs out and realized the mixtures are too lean

what can i do to overcome this? fuel regulator? pump? bigger injectors? just the simplest and cheapest way to do it.

Last edited:

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Mayb your fuel pressure is insufficient. Try check the fuel pressure and c how much it achieve. Or mayb your injectors is dirty or sumthing.

Btw, wat car u driving bro ?

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
engine is pinging when the weather is hot, all smooth when it's not.
took the sparkplugs out and realized the mixtures are too lean

what can i do to overcome this? fuel regulator? pump? bigger injectors? just the simplest and cheapest way to do it.
are you sure is running lean due to the weather is hot?
basically if your engine is running lean no matter is in hot or cold weather still the same dude

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Mayb your fuel pressure is insufficient. Try check the fuel pressure and c how much it achieve. Or mayb your injectors is dirty or sumthing.

Btw, wat car u driving bro ?
old suzuki swift. erm don have meter to check it out. how much to clean the injectors?

are you sure is running lean due to the weather is hot?
basically if your engine is running lean no matter is in hot or cold weather still the same dude
erm...i confirm its running lean after checking the sparkplugs, get what i mean?:driver:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
bro, i have seen a few cases, engine running nicely on ron97, but after using ron95, plug jadi putih.

well to be specific in solving the thread starter's problem, better plug in wideband o2 sensor, check which point of rpm range that is running lean. if its constantly lean all across rpm range, then a fuel regulator would do. if there are specific areas of the rpm range, then u need to tune on that specific range, perhaps using s-afc or other fuel controllers.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
both of my cars changed to ron95 full time, but no problem so far. maybe the case u saw were coincidencial kot, anybody got dis problem tak?

as a general, the TS problem can just be solved wit a FPR, increase it a lil bit jer, IF ur fuel pump is still in good condition ler..

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
try using ron97?
initially i tot that too, but no help....

both of my cars changed to ron95 full time, but no problem so far. maybe the case u saw were coincidencial kot, anybody got dis problem tak?

as a general, the TS problem can just be solved wit a FPR, increase it a lil bit jer, IF ur fuel pump is still in good condition ler..
just tried the original regulator without the vacum hose(hence running full pressures), things improve alot, but still abit around 3k++, but gone once i press the pedal.

anyway, something i notice, i reseted the ecu after the notice the ping, it was ok then, 1st tank was esso, no issue, then after i put in petronas it started to ping, changing to shell 97 didnt help, haven got a chance to try esso yet. need to try out tis to confirm

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First ever street legal Edo - The MC12 Corsa. Perfectly manipulated by the German tuner, namely, upping horsepower with a high-flow exhaust system.

The Corsa is also equipped with a sports suspension that includes a nose lift feature, increasing driveability on the road. New wheels complete the ground control division...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience