removing rain-x

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
well...i applied rain-x since last year,and then everytime i on my wipers, the wipers will just judder non stop and making noise.....ok..so i switch frm silicone to bosch rubber wipers...it was ok for first few weeks...then the problem presist again even on rubber wiper....yet it even worst keep on juddering and leave water marks giving poor visiblility on the road when raining......then, i bought another rubber wipers...1week later, the wipers judder again....:banghead::banghead:
OMG..how to solve the problem??..irritating and super noisy... i had tried applying alcohol, vinegear,use glass cleanner...yet problem still same....wasted two rubber wipers and a silicone wipers...but keeps on judder,giving noisy sound when wiping.....so guys any idea to remove it completely??..maybe recommending a shop that provide windscreen polishing?..and does glass polishing product helps??...i had spent alot money on this problem, tried different glass cleanner,new wipers,yet problem not solve..and i dun want to re-apply rain-x coz i had applied 2 times..in circular motion...getting worst...:2in1:

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
lol...1year d..ler..haiz...wasted alot money on wipers..damn....and worst everyday raining..then wiper keep on judder/stuck stuck and noisy..damn irritating...:mad:...hw about urs??...u using rubber wipers? and hw long did the rain-x wear out completely??

M

mael

i use rain-act. big no no with silicone wiper.

what i do to remove the rain-act is .... wash it lah. i have this glass cleaner spray ... i forgot the name but it have this name "invisible glass" ... careful .. not "invisible shield" (to which i think rainx and its imitation use) ... first time apply it, the effect like rain-act but will wash away by rain .... so back to normal windshield.

no more the running water effect ... but my wiper is silent ... that is better.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
for new windscreen insurance :listen:

:smokin:

hehehe

no seriously, so many have fallen to the rainX trick. sure it was good (newly applied) but its bad for wipers. i doubt if the change to rubber oppose to silicone wiper will alleviate the problem.

the only 'hope' is to contantly wash (with proper detergent agent) & remove the film of 'rainX' left.

else, got to 1st line :smokin:

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
haha...yeah..lesson learned...i rather spend money on wipers and change it when its worn out...than this rain-x...:stupido: btw i had bought this waxco window polish that claim can "removes rain act or x) hopefully it can really remove it...and then must get new wipers to ensure no rain-x is being left on the window again....:rofl:

Bump: haha...yeah..lesson learned...i rather spend money on wipers and change it when its worn out...than this rain-x...:stupido: btw i had bought this waxco window polish that claim can "removes rain act or x) hopefully it can really remove it...and then must get new wipers to ensure no rain-x is being left on the window again....:rofl:

Attachments

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
i'm not to sure:hmmmm2:...but i think that when u use rain-x...ur not supposed to use ur wipers rite?... it's spoils ur wipers.... so that's why i use it on the side windows and side mirrors only where got no wipers... front windscreen i use normal body wax... will last bout one week...

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
could be spoil d....i had polish and clean the windscreen with the rain-x remover....try by blowing the water...seems no more rain-x effect...but wipers still juddering abit....will polish again tomorrow and change new wipers....
agree that side,rear windows really helps..but using on the front...really nightmare...:banghead::banghead:......

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Dont need to change wipers bro,,,

just use newspaper and glass cleaner over it a few times..its the best natural glass cleaner...

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
newspaper can ar??....wont the ink just stick on glass when i polish the glass....i use sponge..but water mark still got some on it....tomorrow gonna apply force on it....to remove all the water marks and left over rain-x on some other parts...:smokin:

slipper

Feb 10, 2009
hmm... i don't have any problem using this product for 2-3 years. it was superb for me. why ar?

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
bro, its the nature of the product.. to get grease out from ur screen ma..
so when apply correctly, ur scren will be left bone dry..
thats how the water slide..
if u want ur wiper to wipe smoothly, do like what alot other non rain-x user do lo.. fill some soap etc in the windscreen water storage lo.. obviously soap+water will smooth out ur wiper. but then again, u will never get the benefit of a non-oily screen lo.
in my case. i never use wiper when using rain-x..

paman

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
me also using rain x,, got no prob with my wiper.. i'm using the rain-x original brand buy from shell station.. heard people say if u dont lift ur wiper in sunny hot day time it will cause ur wiper damage also.. is it true?:confused:

Apr 9, 2009
Good thing I came across your post, I just bought the Rain-X window washer fluid, have not use, but looks like I wont be using it!!

AZRacing

6,000 RPM
Jun 28, 2008
i also have never had any problems with Rain-X...with or without my wipers on...
and i am also using silicone wipers which makes it even better during heavy rain...hehe

Bump: i also have never had any problems with Rain-X...with or without my wipers on...
and i am also using silicone wipers which makes it even better during heavy rain...hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,i got 1 spare strobe light bulb laying on the table. Its the Type R stobe light bulb. I wanna ask whether i can wire the bulb directly to battery with a switch and not connect it to the module? It has 3 wire red/white/black.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience