remap ecu

Oct 8, 2005
guys..im wondering..can i remap gen 2 ecu n make it more fuel-saving(u know la fuel price these days.ish)? if can,where to?

`Blitz

Known Member
Jun 23, 2005
Puchong
Yea lar... i oso wondering can this be done to stock proton cars and who can do re-mapping service??? Something like what Superchips is offering....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
AFC alone wont save ur fuel. most fuel saving and performance increase are caused by ignition map optimization, not only fuelling. there are many tuners that offer rechipping services, for example n1 racing and others.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
no i didnt say like drax chip. if i said that, surely the thread will be deleted by forum moderators.

but i'm not sure whether or not gen2 ecu can be rechipped... from what i heard, siemens ecu is very sensitive...

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
its possible..

just i don't think that a person/customer willingly to pay for it...the equipment is not that kind of "cheap"...

people would rather pay for a shining,blue,yellow,rainbow colour piggyback box worth of thousand $$ rather paying for a tiny,little CHIP which have the capability to improve not only the power..but also driveability..

Last edited:

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
remapping ecu?
Its kind of expensive here in Malaysia,
since ECU is only like ROM mode, how can they all charge the drivers a hefty amount of money...like i've seen once in a magazine...for hyundai,proton,kia etc...
as low as RM999...
Please don't go for that ones....
I agree with the piggyback..like Unichip...good performance with good value.
Stand alone ECU's are not advisable for long term usage (u wanna save fuel rite?)
Its a different stories if ur rides r equipped with those high powered engine under the hood, im driving a standard gen2 (auto tranny).But the best suggestion is u go for a piggyback system, and throw away the catalytic converter and replace it with a centre bullet..fgk,zenden etc....then replace oem air filter with the drop in unit from K&N.It shows a slight decrease in petrol consumption...(if u r driving 80-100km/h laaaa)

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
rocketman, why cant we go for rechipping? care to tell me? because i rechipped my ecu. scared kena con by the tuner...

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
khoyos said:
rocketman, why cant we go for rechipping? care to tell me? because i rechipped my ecu. scared kena con by the tuner...
well..sum people have their own theory...

include me oso...wanted to know oso why we can't we go for rechipping?

is there "any" "theory" out there?.....:cyclops:

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
RocketMan said:
remapping ecu?
Its kind of expensive here in Malaysia,
since ECU is only like ROM mode, how can they all charge the drivers a hefty amount of money...like i've seen once in a magazine...for hyundai,proton,kia etc...
as low as RM999...
Please don't go for that ones....
I agree with the piggyback..like Unichip...good performance with good value.
Stand alone ECU's are not advisable for long term usage (u wanna save fuel rite?)
Its a different stories if ur rides r equipped with those high powered engine under the hood, im driving a standard gen2 (auto tranny).But the best suggestion is u go for a piggyback system, and throw away the catalytic converter and replace it with a centre bullet..fgk,zenden etc....then replace oem air filter with the drop in unit from K&N.It shows a slight decrease in petrol consumption...(if u r driving 80-100km/h laaaa)
U call it EXPENSIVE rechipping a ECU in Malaysia...Do u know how much does rechipping cost in JAPAN?IT is not less than RM4k in JAPAN and in MALAYSIA u can get it juz less than rm1k and u call it EXPENSIVE! If rechipping is not tat good compare to a piggyback, y MINES,RALLIART and bla bla are producing this chips?

I would like to know how much u understand on rechipping n pls make a comparison withing this rechipping n piggyback!Everyone will like to hear it...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
cooljas said:
U call it EXPENSIVE rechipping a ECU in Malaysia...Do u know how much does rechipping cost in JAPAN?IT is not less than RM4k in JAPAN and in MALAYSIA u can get it juz less than rm1k and u call it EXPENSIVE! If rechipping is not tat good compare to a piggyback, y MINES,RALLIART and bla bla are producing this chips?

I would like to know how much u understand on rechipping n pls make a comparison withing this rechipping n piggyback!Everyone will like to hear it...
tat is Japan...spending n living standard different...

Mines and Ralliart r branded n specialized in this kind of thing....and they hv their own chip....

malaysia dun hv such tech yet...u cant comapre rm1000 quality with rm4000 quality

my 2 cent...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi my fd2 civic keeps steering to the left. Its harder to turn right than left. I brought it to many diff mechanics. According to one it's the arm. Another says it's the knuckle. When I brought it to Honda they say it's steering gear and it cost 6k to repair. What should i do? Thanks for any opinions. =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience