Reflash/Rechip/Remap

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
SIFFUUUZZZZ EVERYWHERE!!!!

PLease help... Well, everything was OK with my BOT. And recently planning to upboost to 1 bar. 2 items need to be installed.

1) Boost controller
2) Injectors

Well, no need to mention E-manage as they are already intalled in my car now. However, when I install a 450/510cc injector the set up would run on rich. Ya ya... E-manage can tune. But only up to +-20%. Currently with my 390cc injectors, already -20% at the low end. So, SIFUUZZ can imagine when 450cc is installed, what's gonna happen.

Boost kicks in around 3000rpm after the turbo change... And I expect my AFR on the low rpm to bias toward the lean side... Around 13+ is nice... Before the turbo kicks in ofcourse.. So, E-manage won't help much in this case... exceeded it's capability.

Trying to add socket to my MD325070 ECU from a libero, that's in order to replace my eprom back to stock when I intended to sell off the ECU in future... Planning to use an Eprom emulator to replace the eprom for the following reasons.

1) convenient
2) Can datalog while driving and seeing the data. Though not live, but still good.

However, searching around the internet for the binary and binary definition or ALDL definition... All I could find are the binaries and definition for EVO and VR4. But there is no luck of finding anything for GSR. Sienz.... At least, I need to define to the program what injector am I using ir order to have a full control of the injector from 0%-90% duty cycle. unlike e-manage, only alter 20% from stock mapping..

Well, the idea or changing to EVO's ECU also came to my mind... But looking at the calculation, having a set of EVO ECU + MAF will somehow cost me RM1k. And still, problem not settle... Emulator and other stuff has not included in the pricing yet... So, that could be a last choice. Or maybe I'll go for standalones for 2 condition. Last choice + kena lotery. Else, would take it as the last choice of the last choice...

So, any sifuz can show me the light onwards... Planning to use a TunerPro RT interface.

Can I download the .hex file from my current chip and alter from there, then upload into my emulator and fine tune...

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
why don u take the bin file from the original eeprom?
last time i did mine like that.. or just use evo eeprom can also. u also need some other files
what software u use for tunning? datalogger? i use palm datalogger to take my datalog

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
why don u take the bin file from the original eeprom?
last time i did mine like that.. or just use evo eeprom can also. u also need some other files
what software u use for tunning? datalogger? i use palm datalogger to take my datalog
Well, finally someone heard my call... Thankzzz....

I was thinking so, but in order to get the data/program from original eprom, i need to buy a chip burner...? Or is there any better way of retrieving the data..?

Cause it's not the hex/bin that's important.... It's the interface... Else, it's like learning everything from the very 0.. And developing a self program to run the engine...

EVO eprom, took ad, what do i do with the ECU..? Hehe... If that's the case, i might as well uses EVO's ECU and plunk in the emulator...

cause my friend has all the definition and binary...

Bro, everything is still under consideration stage... Want to know more before submerging my head into the water...

Planning to use Tuner Pro RT,data logging will be whatever available from the innovate. But, 1 thing that is worrying me now... I can't do any logging on the knock....

Mind to share more...?

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
ok bro... ur a loooongg way like me when i was new to this.. i use a chip burner/reflash to retrieve the data.. even if u have the bin file, u need to allocate the necessary hex file to alter, yes its easier using tunerpro rt, since im using it until now.. but u also need some other files to alter the map in a table and understandble form.. fuhh...for honda easier, just use chrome :)

for the knock level i use palm datalogger which can datalog my data, just need to buy a plam and i ask my friend to DIY the cable only.
heres a sample of my data.. showing knock sum, my 02(which the sensor kapoot) and other sensors

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ok bro... ur a lonooogg way like me when i was new to this.. i use a chip burner/reflash to retrieve the data.. even if u have the bin file, u need to allocate the necessary hex file to alter, yes its easier using tunerpro rt, since im using it until now.. but u also need some other files to alter the map in a table and understandble form.. fuhh...

for honda easier, just use chrome :)
Yeah. honda's easy... The only reason why want to remap is, so that i have full control over the injector regardless of the size, and the ignition map...

Instead of just 20% from the stock. But since the stock is also not built for my set up, I will have to remap the whole thing...

So, what u are trying to say is...
Remove the Eprom from the ECU, plug it into a chip burner and retrieve everything inside... Get the bin file...

Then, what do i do next... Save it into the emulator..? Then open the necessary bn and try to find the hex for the mapping i want to alter..?

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
err... well the theory is like that... but in reality its much more complicated..
there are addreses in the hex file which u need to know which address is for what, and what hex value is to alter, if u already have the understandable version, then its the matter of altering numbers in the table..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
okay... so, how do i know which part of the program is for what..? And how do i make it understandable..?

Sorry, very new in this area... Mind to enlighten me more..?

BTW, if u're free to go for yumcha, u can PM me ur contact and we should talk about this...

My threat of course...

Sorry, work early 2moro... gtg

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
LOL this thread is too complicated haha..
only the pros of pros can help you bro
btw what is eeprom?
Eprom is a chip used in some of the Mitsubishi ECU. To know if ur ECU have EEPROM, U can check out the picture below. The sticker outside the ECU housing.

To confirm if ur ECU has EEPROM, then u can see the picture below. Eeprom are programable chip that comes in 28 pins. In order to rechip an ECU, this is the chip to be removed and replaced.

So, there are 2 types of Eeprom ECU, Socketed or non-socketed.
GSR's ECU are non-socketted. So, after removing the EEPROM, it;s more advisable to solder a socket into the location in order to make ur life easier soldering and removal of the eeprom in future. With the socket installed, it allow u to plunk in and take out an eeprom emulator for easy remap and tunning purpose... And also data logging.

Socketted ECU are like EVO's ECU.

Other EEPROM ECU is also Satria GTI MMC version ECU.

Last edited:

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
ori evo1,2,3 ecu are not socketed as well...if socketed, then previous owner have done it .

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
Eprom is a chip used in some of the Mitsubishi ECU. To know if ur ECU have EEPROM, U can check out the picture below. The sticker outside the ECU housing.

To confirm if ur ECU has EEPROM, then u can see the picture below. Eeprom are programable chip that comes in 28 pins. In order to rechip an ECU, this is the chip to be removed and replaced.

So, there are 2 types of Eeprom ECU, Socketed or non-socketed.
GSR's ECU are non-socketted. So, after removing the EEPROM, it;s more advisable to solder a socket into the location in order to make ur life easier soldering and removal of the eeprom in future. With the socket installed, it allow u to plunk in and take out an eeprom emulator for easy remap and tunning purpose... And also data logging.

Socketted ECU are like EVO's ECU.

Other EEPROM ECU is also Satria GTI MMC version ECU.
if mmc ecu got E mark sure can rechip,if M mark sure cant be rechip~

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
if mmc ecu got E mark sure can rechip,if M mark sure cant be rechip~
Thks... I know abt this... I want to know the binary n definition of gsr ecu.... So I won't have the problem identifying the function of the program.

Just wondering if I retrieve the bin file from the chip via chip burner, am I able to allocate the hex file and open it with tuner pro rt.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yes, if u know where to look for the right address
Bro... since u have already done ur GSR ECU rechipped, then can u share your experience with me..? May I know the address/definition/block with me..?

BTW, what if we took out the GSR eprom, then install the EVO program into the emulator and make it run on our GSR ECU..?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi i am interested in waja bodykit..the g concept or srx kit.....anyone got ar for sale....or can tell me how much is it roughly....... i was quoted 2.5 k for a whole set of srx kit in melaka plus painting.... ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience