Proton Wira 1.5gli (a) Mod Help, What shall I mod in my car?

Jul 7, 2009
Hi. I'm new here.

What can I mod in my car for smooth city driving and touge? By the way, hoping for better FC too. The car is pretty slow while climbing hill. sad.gif

Either stay with 4G15 then change to manual transmission open pod air filter, exhaust system, all the stuffs in engine and....etc.
Or transplant to 4G61/91/93? What else I have to change if transplant?
Budget 3k - 5k, try to set higher if its really needed.

Can give me any other idea please? which is worth for cost to performance ratio?

Thanks.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
If you not really devoted into this car then use the 3-5k as downpayment, switch to another performance ride... you will have to spend a lot in wira to make it driveable...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
if u plan to mod it, 3-5k isn't enough. even 4g91 halfcut has gone up in price, that amount will probably allow u to just acquire the halfcut.. there are so much more things u need to take into account when u plan to transplant.

it isnt just buy the halfcut and live happily ever after. i'll give u a scenario.

for example: 5k for 4g91, halfcut only. u will need another 1.5k for labor to get that engine into ur engine bay, another 1-1.5k (maybe) to replace all the wear/tear parts such as timing belt, all the oil seals etc. (this all depends on the condition of ur halfcut) engine oil, oil filter etc etc etc.

then u need to register with JPJ, if u are hardworking perhaps u can do it urself, but i was lazy and i had no time so i paid rm500 to a runner to get it done for me within 2 days. its alot of hassle, u have to go here go there to get this get that.. in the end it will probably take u like 1 months to totally kau tim everything.

on top of that, u need to add additional 1-1.5k for an entire exhaust system, im not entirely sure but i believe 4g91 exhaust piping will be somewhere around 2"? so yeah, u will need new exhaust system also.

so with ur initial 3-5k budget, i believe it will just be enough for a manual conversion for ur current 4g15.. there will definitely be balance as i dont quite know the price, but if u opt this way, u will also need to invest in an entire clutch kit.. pressure plate, clutch etc etc

think wisely =)

Last edited:

cent88

Jul 7, 2009
Actually I just want to take over people easier and more power to uphill. I cant afford to buy any new and better car for now, have to wait for few years. If have to spend more than the budget to mod my car then rather use it on fuel. I'm looking whether there is some cheaper/worth to mod my car to get more power.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
is just drive slow and sumtime wan instant easy power...go get NOS (nitrous oxide)
say 4g15 wit instant 50hp...the whole system cost like 2-3k onli...instant power n switchable to ur next ride...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
want more power, better fc, better for touge, then first thing to do is to swap to a manual transmission

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
better dun swap to 91 dohc. is slow den 92 sohc. swap for manual. i think campro piston can fit into 15 block. coz 4g18 waja can use gen2 high compression piston. so maybe can fit into 4g15 block oso. rise displacment n compresion ratio is fast patch to rise torque. dun install short intake open pod. is suck in low end.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
You can also try BOT, low boost will ensure durability and gurantee enough torque for uphill, price wise i believe around 5k will do... I'm not sure about the supercharge but i believe it's more expensive than BOT... Still i have to remind you that modify it's very troublesome thing, you can change to 2nd hand performance ride which not so expensive and will eventually save a lot more hassle. 2nd hand wira equipped with mivec/gsr/evo minor mod only abt rm20-25k at most:hmmmm:, but the previous owner spent at least 20k while converting, please take into consideration :biggrin:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Hmm... not sure about this but if engine remain the same should be ok lah... That's wat i was told by runner.

But i'm very sure you will definitely kena if lcly in front of cops, normally they won't bother low profile car (almost ori bodykit, almost silent exhaust, almost crystal clear window & etc) so just stay low... : ) saved my ass countless time...

Bump: Hmm... not sure about this but if engine remain the same should be ok lah... That's wat i was told by runner.

But i'm very sure you will definitely kena if lcly in front of cops, normally they won't bother low profile car (almost ori bodykit, almost silent exhaust, almost crystal clear window & etc) so just stay low... : ) saved my ass countless time...

cent88

Jul 7, 2009
@fstrader:
3speed auto gears same as 5speed manual gears?

my 1st gear 0 - 40~60km/h
2nd gear 40~60km/h - 100~130km/h
3rd gear 100~130km/h - ...

accelerate quite slow from 0 - 40km/h if din rev up to 2.5k - 3.2k rpm.
my previous car can bring me to 80km/h smoothly within 2k rpm and sold it due to the old car service/maintenance issue.

is the fuel consumption same if run at 3k rpm and above on flat road vs incline road?

Last edited:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
come on man...4g15 is not performance engine...the most u wan to do and not regret bout it is simple normal mod like header xhaust sytem,intake system and...pretty much tats all...
u wan performance...go straight for 4g93t...stcok std already giv satisfying power...

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
my words to say is save your money.......... buy a new car.

just4z

Mar 1, 2006
swap to 4g93 na fc ok power ok .if go for 4g91 it1.5 same as 4g15 power up not to high . some good setting on 4g15 can tapau already. but these day few man know to do that. Miss days of 4g13/15 now 4g93t days :biggrin: , but I wish stay at 4g93na :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello sifu's,

I have a question here. I was informed that removing balance shaft lightens the engine. No doubt the vibration increases but does the performance increase too ?

Is there any side effect ? Can we get the timing right or not ?

There is supposed to be 2 balance shafts ? can we remove both ?

Another question is regarding injectors. Instead of adding additional injectors can we use the RX7 injectors for 4G63T. What are the difference. RX7 is supposed to be 1.3 rotary...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience