Problem with my rear brake / handbrake

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
senndoh - how old is your car? Mine was 9 years old. Everything was stock since I swapped to rear calipers 5 years ago. Everything there is pretty much wear and tear so have to check mah.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i'm using bendix general CT (city driving type) it was awesome at rear...it really bites and i can do handbrake turn easily :driver:

i think it wasnt really self-adjusting because on the pad itself got one "pole"/stump to stop the piston from rotating/adjusting

the piston no.6 in diagram locked to the pad "pole"/stump

General CT is for normal use. Bites when cold but cannot withstand too high a heat range. Using them in my wife's Chery SUV for the rear too. Very little dust compared to OE pads.

As for the brakes what I know from my mechanic, as the pads wear it locks outwards to next level, but when changing pads you need special tools to turn the piston back in. Bro. Izso will know he just bought a set of those tools...:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As for the brakes what I know from my mechanic, as the pads wear it locks outwards to next level, but when changing pads you need special tools to turn the piston back in. Bro. Izso will know he just bought a set of those tools...:driver:
Sigh. Damn knn situation. My current car drums. Looking at possibility of converting now. HAHAHAHA

Otherwise these tools gonna stay virgin man.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
General CT is for normal use. Bites when cold but cannot withstand too high a heat range. Using them in my wife's Chery SUV for the rear too. Very little dust compared to OE pads.

Sigh. Damn knn situation. My current car drums. Looking at possibility of converting now. HAHAHAHA

mr benard/maddriver garage also have one of those tool...

me...just use longnose plier :biggrin: and to extent the further fine tuning, i grind off the "stump" on the pad and adjust the caliper clearance to a very tight gap.... :driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Oh! yah! hero was disc, STD are drums....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

mr benard/maddriver garage also have one of those tool...

me...just use longnose plier :biggrin: and to extent the further fine tuning, i grind off the "stump" on the pad and adjust the caliper clearance to a very tight gap.... :driver:
If not stuck hard then long nose no problem. Sometimes really need that tools....:banghead:
Wah! you grind off the stump.....:smokin:

senndoh

Sep 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
senndoh - how old is your car? Mine was 9 years old. Everything was stock since I swapped to rear calipers 5 years ago. Everything there is pretty much wear and tear so have to check mah.
mine is 6 years..
yesterday while i was checking on service records, it seems like the previous owner had the brake pad changed on rear right..couldnt find any record for the rear left tho which i think probably caused why my handbrake force is not equal..
might want to change both brakepads..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
mine is 6 years..
yesterday while i was checking on service records, it seems like the previous owner had the brake pad changed on rear right..couldnt find any record for the rear left tho which i think probably caused why my handbrake force is not equal..
might want to change both brakepads..
Ah? People usually change brake pads as a pair. If they only changed one side then that service center really should be shot cuz they ripped off the old owner.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah? People usually change brake pads as a pair. If they only changed one side then that service center really should be shot cuz they ripped off the old owner.
Yup, pads also comes in set of 2 pairs.....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
izso, Nissan s13/s15 r32 front 4 / rear 2 pots calipers & discs are quite cheap now. wat else, kasi upgrade la.
You slow la. Sylphy uses R32 plug and play calipers. And buy liao loo. Need you to tell me me :biggrin:

Only thing is rear need more parts. Specifically the China Sylphy, that one hard to source. I've pretty much done all my R&D la. You think people like me can keep the car stock meh?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You slow la. Sylphy uses R32 plug and play calipers. And buy liao loo. Need you to tell me me :biggrin:

Only thing is rear need more parts. Specifically the China Sylphy, that one hard to source. I've pretty much done all my R&D la. You think people like me can keep the car stock meh?
Fulamakkkkk. STD becoming AIDS soon. Most lethal STD. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Knowing you it won't be for long......hahahahahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Fulamakkkkk. STD becoming AIDS soon. Most lethal STD. :rofl:
STD also means standard, but not for long.......:rofl: