problem with L2S engine

nezz

Apr 22, 2015
Kota kinabalu
hi. i wanna ask my car is running on daihatsu L2S 12valve N/A with 850cc block with 1.0cc piston. my engine problem now is it always constantly dropping RPM to 500rpm when its was cold. sometimes it drops till engine is dead. i have to drive it for almost 15mins to make sure it was steady. but it will sometimes happen when the engine is hot also. i have changed my plugs,distributor,map sensor and ignition coil but the problem still persist. can someone please help me? thanks..

nezz

Apr 22, 2015
Kota kinabalu
nope. fuel system still standard. fuel pump,fuel rail also standard. im just using tomei fuel regulator. means i must use safc to solve this?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
1st check ur plug condition. if its kinda wet, dark, very strog fuel smell then it is too rich.. if the plug kinda dry, brownish and burned smell then its too lean. lower the regulator step by step by 0.1 bar. thats the hardway of tuning ur regulator.. the fastest and easiest is to get a wideband o2 sensor checked..

nezz

Apr 22, 2015
Kota kinabalu
i have send my car to my mechanic. he asked me to try to install emanage and try to tune the engine. already installed it and tuned it also. but seems like the problem didnt exactly settle. is it true that this kind of engine is unable to tune the ignition? my mechanic said that it is just possible to tune the air fuel. is it true? thanks alot for helping..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
2bar? looks like not enough fuel pressure to begin with...

most car i've seen need 3bar-4bar fuel pressure with no vaccum signal connected to the fpr....when connected usually around 2.7bar-3.7bar at idling....

nezz

Apr 22, 2015
Kota kinabalu
yeah 2 bar...before this i have tried to set it around 3bar... but seems like the car will make alot more jerking especially on high rev(3.5krpm above)..seems like overfuel maybe? if i set it on 2bar the car more stable. could it be my regulator broken? should i try change to standard regulator?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah 2 bar...before this i have tried to set it around 3bar... but seems like the car will make alot more jerking especially on high rev(3.5krpm above)..seems like overfuel maybe? if i set it on 2bar the car more stable. could it be my regulator broken? should i try change to standard regulator?
If you still have your original one, fit back and try it out.....:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys...:biggrin:

I am planning to modify my 2003 VIOS, i have survey few shops in Sunway and USJ area

Anyone here got experience in makeup your cars with these shops::confused:

1. Bumifibre USJ
2. D1 Autoworks Sunway
3.Zent Autosylin Klang
4. Next Level Custom Sunway

Any comments???:listen:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience