Perdana 2.0 SEi Or V6?

harvind

Jun 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bro's,

Need your assistance to provide me on some information about my car.

I own A Proton Perdana SEi 1998,

The issue here is,
I just got this car 5 months ago from my bro in law, and know less abt it.
I don't know what engine it is and it's a manual transmission Gbox.
The clutch Pad and the Gbox has an obvious marks of welding (Signs of convert)
It has the 2000 yr V6 Leather seats also has the feet rest as though it was a Auto transmission car before.

I went to many Workshop's but none of them are giving me a clear idea of what this car was neither is now.

And in the paper works, it is only written as Proton Perdana 2.0.
In few More week's i will have to get this car to puspakom.

I'm looking forward to basically modify this car and repair it's faulty's now.

Could anyone recommend some good workshops nor idea's on what should i do.

Thank You Very Much In Advance!

Attachments

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi Bro's,

Need your assistance to provide me on some information about my car.

I own A Proton Perdana SEi 1998,

The issue here is,
I just got this car 5 months ago from my bro in law, and know less abt it.
I don't know what engine it is and it's a manual transmission Gbox.
The clutch Pad and the Gbox has an obvious marks of welding (Signs of convert)
It has the 2000 yr V6 Leather seats also has the feet rest as though it was a Auto transmission car before.

I went to many Workshop's but none of them are giving me a clear idea of what this car was neither is now.

And in the paper works, it is only written as Proton Perdana 2.0.
In few More week's i will have to get this car to puspakom.

I'm looking forward to basically modify this car and repair it's faulty's now.

Could anyone recommend some good workshops nor idea's on what should i do.

Thank You Very Much In Advance!
just look at the geran of the car and look at the heading labelled no. enjin it and you will find out which engine it is
or you could take a picture of the engine bay and post it up here and im sure anyone can spot what engine you are using
my guess would be the 4g63 engine because you said its a 1998 model and its using a manual tranny so most likely i would say it is the 4g63 engine and the welding signs you spotted could be the result of the gearbox originally being a 4wd gearbox that was used to replace the old gearbox and was being locked to 2wd
this is just a theory and i am quite sleepy so it still could be anything :smokin:

harvind

Jun 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Kumar,

Thank you for the reply man!

I will try checking the thing u said,
I will check the Grant also picture the engine as well.

I am really looking forward to gear this car up for good and smooth performance + it's looks.
I might learn somethings while in it.

Thanks again, will get back soon :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
should be perdana sei cos its manufactured in 1998, pv6 start production in 1999.
is it turbo or n/a? these are a few things u may need to check on your geran.
1.is there any signs of endorsement on it from changing auto to manual?
2. dun mind if u could take some pics of your engine bay?

if its sei, its a 2.0SOHC engine.

harvind

Jun 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Danz,

I guess it is a 4g63,definately no turbo.
What you and Kumar said is correct.

I will get the pictures in on Thursday Morning or earlier.
I just want to know in detail of what is this engine abt if it is a 4g63 and it has some known issues like:

==============================================
1.Spoiled engine mountings
2.Oil leak at the engine part (not sure where it is coming from)
3.Very Noisy Engine :banghead:
5.Clutch bearing
-The way i found out that the Clutch Bearing has issues is, when the engine is running,there will b a middle pitch rotating noise.And When i press the clutch,the noise silents.I consulted the mechs and they told that the Clutch bearing is almost spoiled.

6.Gbox Issue
-When i shift gears, it is very rough and at times, the gear does not sync :banghead:
And i had asked the mechs and they told that they need to do further inspection on the car

7.Absobers worn off
8.Exhaust system
-Many leaks but managed to patch some up(The mechs advised to change the whole thing for RM300

9.Air Condition
-Air condition works just fine, but the smell which comes from it is the same smell as the exhaust produce :smokin:
=================================================

I know most of anyone would think, why the heck did i accepted this car in this condition,
I just want to restore the car back to smooth and also upgrade it to some sporty level.Kind of an experiment for my own satisfaction.

Thank you :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi Danz,

I guess it is a 4g63,definately no turbo.
What you and Kumar said is correct.

I will get the pictures in on Thursday Morning or earlier.
I just want to know in detail of what is this engine abt if it is a 4g63 and it has some known issues like:

==============================================
5.Clutch bearing
-The way i found out that the Clutch Bearing has issues is, when the engine is running,there will b a middle pitch rotating noise.And When i press the clutch,the noise silents.I consulted the mechs and they told that the Clutch bearing is almost spoiled.

6.Gbox Issue
-When i shift gears, it is very rough and at times, the gear does not sync :banghead:
And i had asked the mechs and they told that they need to do further inspection on the car

7.Absobers worn off
8.Exhaust system
-Many leaks but managed to patch some up(The mechs advised to change the whole thing for RM300

9.Air Condition
-Air condition works just fine, but the smell which comes from it is the same smell as the exhaust produce :smokin:
=================================================

I know most of anyone would think, why the heck did i accepted this car in this condition,
I just want to restore the car back to smooth and also upgrade it to some sporty level.Kind of an experiment for my own satisfaction.

Thank you :biggrin:
got a lot of potential there to become a monster but first best to just fix the essential stuff coz its a daily car then when all running ok plonk in a vr4 rs halfcut and BOOOOST :biggrin:

harvind

Jun 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Ok Kumar,

Sure Will do that bro,
That's why seeking help from all of you :biggrin:

I have explained details on whats wrong with the car coz, i know u guys know what can be done in order through out your expertise and experience's individually.

I may have 1000 questions,
But at 1st, i'll go step by step on the basics.

Thanks again :beer:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Ok Kumar,

Sure Will do that bro,
That's why seeking help from all of you :biggrin:

I have explained details on whats wrong with the car coz, i know u guys know what can be done in order through out your expertise and experience's individually.

I may have 1000 questions,
But at 1st, i'll go step by step on the basics.

Thanks again :beer:
its ok we all still learning i realise the best way to learn is by actually experiencing something first hand

avielboys

Known Member
Nov 14, 2008
JB, Johor
powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
5.Clutch bearing

6.Gbox Issue
-When i shift gears, it is very rough and at times, the gear does not sync

7.Absobers worn off
8.Exhaust system

9.Air Condition
-Air condition works just fine, but the smell which comes from it is the same smell as the exhaust produce

Hi bro,

all these problems can be rectified by a mechanic, but i believe the repair cost can be rather on the high side. Try to see if you have enuff budget for perhaps transplanting a halfcut into this ride of yours.

Take some photos make sure they are clear so we can help you diagnose the problems.

Regards.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
**could be easily bought bout RM50-60 per pc MMC ones.
**top overhaul required, just buy the top overhaul kit & pay the foreman workmanship fees.
3.Very Noisy Engine
** use thicker viscosity engine oil.
5.Clutch bearing
**dun worry, time to change your clutch set, bearings included. luckily its not the gbox bearing, then your f**ked.

6.Gbox Issue
**could be the bushes....get a foreman to check.
7.Absobers worn off
**time so save up some $$$ for adjustables.

8.Exhaust system
**must as well get another set of exhaust.
9.Air Condition
-Air condition works just fine, but the smell which comes from it is the same smell as the exhaust produce
** there is a leak somewhere maybe thru your firewall.
get it serviced. cooling coil + kondensor + compressor.

harvind

Jun 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
**could be easily bought bout RM50-60 per pc MMC ones.
**top overhaul required, just buy the top overhaul kit & pay the foreman workmanship fees.
3.Very Noisy Engine
** use thicker viscosity engine oil.
5.Clutch bearing
**dun worry, time to change your clutch set, bearings included. luckily its not the gbox bearing, then your f**ked.

6.Gbox Issue
**could be the bushes....get a foreman to check.
7.Absobers worn off
**time so save up some $$$ for adjustables.

8.Exhaust system
**must as well get another set of exhaust.
9.Air Condition
** there is a leak somewhere maybe thru your firewall.
get it serviced. cooling coil + kondensor + compressor.
Hi Danz,

Thanks man,

Truly appreciate what you have rectified on the car issues.

I will be uploadin the engine pic tonight.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

5.Clutch bearing

6.Gbox Issue

7.Absobers worn off
8.Exhaust system

9.Air Condition

Hi bro,

all these problems can be rectified by a mechanic, but i believe the repair cost can be rather on the high side. Try to see if you have enuff budget for perhaps transplanting a halfcut into this ride of yours.

Take some photos make sure they are clear so we can help you diagnose the problems.

Regards.
Thank you Avielboys,

will upload the pic tonigh man! :biggrin:

harvind

Jun 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bro's

Just want to share something quite funny but serious,
Which Happened to me night before yesterday.

After along day of work,
I went to my car and found that the alarm was not working, as i was wanting to unlock the car with the remote.:confused:

Then i flashed into my light control stick from outside, and found that the light was left on for 13 hours.
Battery totaly out!:banghead:

The ignition key and the car door key are different type's,
I left my car door key back at home as i always use the remote to lock/unlock the car.

Then i soon realised,
I left my HOUSE KEY IN THE CAR !! :banghead:

Then a colleague of mine helped to unlock the car, by doing something at the driver side lock.
Less than 20 minutes, the door was opened, Thanks to J Hero of the day!

But after that,
We had issues getting the correct jumper cable,
We used an Gen2 jumper 400A, notthing hapened except for the cable got maximum heat.

After an hour,
Another collegue with an Welded type jumper only 300A got my car started in a blink of an eye.

I drove back home without AC and Radio safely.

Luckily the battery is just 2 months old and it's back to normal.:driver:

Thank you!:biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi Bro's

Just want to share something quite funny but serious,
Which Happened to me night before yesterday.

After along day of work,
I went to my car and found that the alarm was not working, as i was wanting to unlock the car with the remote.:confused:

Then i flashed into my light control stick from outside, and found that the light was left on for 13 hours.
Battery totaly out!:banghead:

The ignition key and the car door key are different type's,
I left my car door key back at home as i always use the remote to lock/unlock the car.

Then i soon realised,
I left my HOUSE KEY IN THE CAR !! :banghead:

Then a colleague of mine helped to unlock the car, by doing something at the driver side lock.
Less than 20 minutes, the door was opened, Thanks to J Hero of the day!

But after that,
We had issues getting the correct jumper cable,
We used an Gen2 jumper 400A, notthing hapened except for the cable got maximum heat.

After an hour,
Another collegue with an Welded type jumper only 300A got my car started in a blink of an eye.

I drove back home without AC and Radio safely.

Luckily the battery is just 2 months old and it's back to normal.:driver:

Thank you!:biggrin:
haha normal lah like that
happened to me once also in the morning raining so i had to turn on the headlight then once reached my destination the sun was up and stop raining so i didnt remember even turning on the headlight coz its an open car park
then go and come back about 3 hours the battery completely flat so i also panick lah coz i still didnt realise why it suddenly kosong luckily someone told me they saw my lights on in the morning so i called someone to come help me jumpstart
but i dindt know there was an issue with different kinds of jumper cables i thought all same :rolleyes:

harvind

Jun 12, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
haha normal lah like that
happened to me once also in the morning raining so i had to turn on the headlight then once reached my destination the sun was up and stop raining so i didnt remember even turning on the headlight coz its an open car park
then go and come back about 3 hours the battery completely flat so i also panick lah coz i still didnt realise why it suddenly kosong luckily someone told me they saw my lights on in the morning so i called someone to come help me jumpstart
but i dindt know there was an issue with different kinds of jumper cables i thought all same :rolleyes:
Haha, we all did the same mistake Kumar,
We learn through mistakes as once you've said.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

those fu*king theives start their 2nd attempt again.

this time, i lost

-Apexi pen timer (silver edition)
-HKS boost meter http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/calvin00cool/ABCD0006-3.jpg
-SARD fuel regulator (red colour)
-PIVOT volt stabilizer
-EVO 2 original spoiler (grey colour) without cap
-EVO intercooler
-EVO visor
-HID BJ UNION 6000k
-my radiator HOSE ? why?
-cut my GSR antenna? wtf?

they tear my evo 2 bumper when taking out the intercooler,now it looks like goreng...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience