Newbie to Forum -Suggestions for Proton Perdana Second Hand

Oct 27, 2014
Greets all and thanks a lot for viewing my post and thanks in advance for any advisement(s) :listen:

Recently bought an old(er) Perdana SE 2.0 (4cyl) yr. 1998 for good price - it's all stock and needs some maintenance eg. engine mounts, some suspension work, etc. estimated 2K worth of repairs is needed to get her back into basic shape - the body is in good condition and does not need any repairs. Gearbox is good as it's an automatic (so far - yes I've read the can be problematic).

So I'm new to Proton cars (foreigner) and would really appreciate some suggestions from the PROs - like let's say - you just bought this Perdana and had about, oh, say 15K extra to put in it - where to start and what to do? M staying in Selangor nearby Kajan area - and get to Seremban every once in a while as well - so if any of you PROs can recommend any good workshops and/or spare/new part shops this would also be appreciated.

In my country my car was a Golf GTi MKIV 1.8T - bought new - then just chipped it (APR tuned APR - High Performance Development for Audi, VW and Porsche Vehicles.), gave it an intake and exhaust.. was good enough for me although it had a lot more potential.

What kind of potential do these Perdanas have? Are there any intakes and exhausts? Any good suspension kits that can also handle all of the G-d damn bongols? Any sense to change to manual gearbox? Also any criticisms of this car are most welcome - I will not be offended... will be most appreciated so I can possibly know what problems to watch out for.

Many Thanks to All.

:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hohoho 15k budget....
Just wait till the others read your post.

anyway,u get a good car there.
advantage of the sei model against the more glamour v6 is maintenance is a bit cheaper.still,it wont have the feel of the v6.

if the car exterior is still stock sei look then u might want to consider v6 exterior change.go for the one with alfa grill.its a much more presentable look.if u can find the leather interior,that will be even sweeter.thats what i would do if i got your budget.

on the engine i leave it to other sifu...they have their imagination.

since its an old car,have a look at all the suspension joint and replace any worn out bush or joint to restore the ride and handling.
Check the steering bush too make sure there is no excessive freeplay which makes handling funny.

U might want to specify what kind of performance do u expect from it to make it easier for others to suggest.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
change engine...4G63T..might be cheaper now then yesterdays..

should be comparable or maybe better than Golf 1.8T..

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Get a 4G63T from Evo 3 transplant straight away. Instant 200whp. Better suspension & brakes set up. Btw Evo 3 brakes is direct swap / plug and play basis for Perdana SE. :listen:

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

And yes, the engine shared the same mounting point with your current engine, both comes from 4G63 platform. Just need to lock the 4wd mechanism and custom gearbox mounting bracket.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am going to switch to a LSD Gb for my 63t
Just want to get opinions from you guys here
I am switching because of the crazy spins that i am getting on acceleration.
What i heard from a member , the car vibrates and jumps with LSD , true ?
What lsd is the best for the streets , 1way , 1.5way or 2way.
How do i inspect the GB to know its 1way or 2way by looking at it.
Thank you very much.

this is what i got from some sites so far , but i am keen to know more.

ith the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience