Old School Cars Discussion

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
That means those CK Lancer converted to Evo 4WD is illegal? Always can see some of these converted Evo 5 and 6 being sold. Claims that they are fully converted with 4WD.
simple rule, if it was 2wd, regulations say it should stay 2wd. if it was 4wd you can lock out 2 wheels (if im not wrong) no issue, can reinstall 4wd no issue jugak. Just 2wd stays 2wd...

if endorsed before enforcing 25% limit is ok. For later one, insurance will scratch head.:banghead:
theres another form that allows you to go pass the 25% limit... dont fully understand how it works tho.... (or if im not wrong, you can convert in steps, 25% at a time, applies for cars other then those protons)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That was following old regulation, now follow new regulation koyak loh......hhahahhahah:biggrin:
I mean for those who endorsed during the old regulation? Does the new regulation make their previous endorsement unusable?

simple rule, if it was 2wd, regulations say it should stay 2wd. if it was 4wd you can lock out 2 wheels (if im not wrong) no issue, can reinstall 4wd no issue jugak. Just 2wd stays 2wd...

theres another form that allows you to go pass the 25% limit... dont fully understand how it works tho.... (or if im not wrong, you can convert in steps, 25% at a time, applies for cars other then those protons)
That means those Lancer CK Evo 4WD are illegal fellas... Or maybe during name transfer, they remove the rear part of the 4WD system... Seriously speaking, some of these CK Lancer are really very well converted. Almost everything is like from Evo including Brembo brakes, Recaro seats... Yet, selling like 40k plus... I'll rather take these than converted EK9 or EG6, lol.

Sounds like this over 25% thing is very vague and uncertain. :hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
yup, 25% thing uncertain due to $$$ can boleh all.
better play by the rules.
If downsizing to lower displacement, over 25% also sure can. :rofl:

There are some cars that went for smaller displacement engine. Like Kancil 850 to 660 turbo. Or those Celsior/LS400 4.0 V8 to 2JZ-GTE or 1JZ-GTE.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Not sure, but I think you can still use, but cannot sell since cannot transfer......:smokin:
ehh when i was loking for cars, i looked at a few evo converts, they told no, if endorsed before, no issue... just transfer no undertable money... duno how true...

only difficulty was if the car had the evo face or tail.... then kene swap balik or just pay undertable

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Not sure, but I think you can still use, but cannot sell since cannot transfer......:smokin:
i think still can transfer name....

no problem since already endorsed

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ehh when i was loking for cars, i looked at a few evo converts, they told no, if endorsed before, no issue... just transfer no undertable money... duno how true...

only difficulty was if the car had the evo face or tail.... then kene swap balik or just pay undertable
If not proton convert then can, like my VR convert from super saloon to VR4 then can transfer because legal....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Like that means is like dead car already. Locked with one owner.

If convert Wira, Satria, Putra to Mirage Cyborg face can? :biggrin: Just Mirage hood and bumper.

If not proton convert then can, like my VR convert from super saloon to VR4 then can transfer because legal....
As always, everything is more strict for Proton and Perodua. Discrimination. :rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifus,

i owned an AE 111 TOYOTA (AUTO) - STOCK SET and i need mod~

what can i mod with this car? pls suggest~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience