Old School Cars Discussion

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Of course one cannot expect a perfect condition car from a car that old. Unless those that are very well maintained but most likely those kind of cars are not for sale, hahahaha. :biggrin:

If you are planning to go for Evo, then I guess your car will be like those Perdana Evo then. FWD Evo. Sorry, I kept forgetting whether is your current engine comes with MIVEC or not.
yep mivec model, and yep, if i do go down that route, its got to be a fwd evo, not sure im willing to give up the smoothness of the 6 potter tho... for now around 200hp cukuplah~

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
yep mivec model, and yep, if i do go down that route, its got to be a fwd evo, not sure im willing to give up the smoothness of the 6 potter tho... for now around 200hp cukuplah~
bro, what car you driving eh?

6 potter is best at highway and long drive :burnout:..evo is tiring to drive it as "NA" for long distance high speed cruise.

anyone got lubang for evo3/lancer variant? planning to jump to awd.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
bro, what car you driving eh?

6 potter is best at highway and long drive :burnout:..evo is tiring to drive it as "NA" for long distance high speed cruise.

anyone got lubang for evo3/lancer variant? planning to jump to awd.
haha me? old junk car je~~

original evo3's or any of those with a legal 4wd system will be abit explah...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If it is for me, I rather keep the V6 NA and have that nice sound. Does sound like VQ35DE engine from 350Z although that sounds better. Inline 4 evo engine if want to play, can use other cheaper cars. Since you are planning to buy engine away, might as well do on some other car or something? I believe a car like yours will be a classic 10 or 20 years later. Even better if you retained your engine. Swapped engine does feel a bit incomplete in classic car.

Sounds nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK533TD1jYs

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
If it is for me, I rather keep the V6 NA and have that nice sound. Does sound like VQ35DE engine from 350Z although that sounds better. Inline 4 evo engine if want to play, can use other cheaper cars. Since you are planning to buy engine away, might as well do on some other car or something? I believe a car like yours will be a classic 10 or 20 years later. Even better if you retained your engine. Swapped engine does feel a bit incomplete in classic car.
haha was also contemplating keeping it stock but someone said; 'you're past that stock line already'

You can buy also, now V6 Perdana quite cheap only......lol
hehe yup

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You can buy also, now V6 Perdana quite cheap only......lol
The maintenance of Perdana V6 is said to be as expensive as Impreza WRX STI. Better get something else. If just as a weekend car that is not going to be used very often, then maybe can?

haha was also contemplating keeping it stock but someone said; 'you're past that stock line already'

hehe yup
Keep stock engine but mod it without changing the characteristics of the original engine too much. :biggrin:

Your exhaust system stock or modded?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The maintenance of Perdana V6 is said to be as expensive as Impreza WRX STI. Better get something else. If just as a weekend car that is not going to be used very often, then maybe can?

Keep stock engine but mod it without changing the characteristics of the original engine too much. :biggrin:

perdana v6, nolah not as high as that, otherwise mine would be absolutely horrible. but its definitely on the high side.

**ehh didnt answer you... exhaust modified alittle bit.... still a silent system, in general

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
perdana v6, nolah not as high as that, otherwise mine would be absolutely horrible. but its definitely on the high side.
But previously I remember someone said that in another thread asking about buying WRX STI. If I am not mistaken, it is started by Marshal_V6 himself. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I say car cheap only not maintenance.....lol:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

expensive due to amount of upah/piston/spark plug 4.5/5l of engine oil etc and i dont skimp on engine/drivetrain/tyre, hence abit pricey. So price you pay is on par with sti. Didnt compare for breakdown price though, hahaha.

Daily also can, no need weekend. this 6a12 block is quite durable. can rev and cruise very nice, but driving in town, kencing minyak. However, if pair with genuine eterna manual, syiok :love:

if thats true.... mygod.... goodbye v6, hello evo!!!
if you can take 6a13tt plonk it in, but i heard spare part might be difficult abit. First EO change on evo so happy. Usually need to buy 2x4L engine oil, now only 1 4litre. :proud::driver:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
expensive due to amount of upah/piston/spark plug 4.5/5l of engine oil etc and i dont skimp on engine/drivetrain/tyre, hence abit pricey. So price you pay is on par with sti. Didnt compare for breakdown price though, hahaha.

Daily also can, no need weekend. this 6a12 block is quite durable. can rev and cruise very nice, but driving in town, kencing minyak. However, if pair with genuine eterna manual, syiok :love:

if you can take 6a13tt plonk it in, but i heard spare part might be difficult abit. First EO change on evo so happy. Usually need to buy 2x4L engine oil, now only 1 4litre. :proud::driver:
kencing minyak because got 6 to feed....lol

Last time you should look for 5L pack mah!:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
since here got mention STI, sound nice lohhh....:love: boxer, box my ear...
otw to work night, stuck in traffic side by side...when the driver throttle to inch the car, hear also "stim". Fuck, i off my radio/, hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there i am having a vr4 enjin in my car.i have change the turbine to e3.so i am planning to boost up.whats the most suitable metal casket for it ? or i dont need a metal casket ? whats the max boost that i can go ? i have change the injector to 510cc and fuel regulator.please give advise....... thx to all sifu.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience