newbie in turbo engine....need help

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
hai...recently i just bought a car(perdana evo3)....im quite new in turbo engine....so just wanna to enlarge my knowladge with some info from sifu2....

1) is that ok if my car doesn't have a weastegate...?
2) the last owner said that the blowoff bocor ckit...does it effect the engine?
3) if im planning to pasang waestgate....what tools @ barang i need?

engine:4G63SQ
thanks in edvice.....

very2 noob here....just tau beli dan rembat saja...huhuh:driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
hai...recently i just bought a car(perdana evo3)....im quite new in turbo engine....so just wanna to enlarge my knowladge with some info from sifu2....

1) is that ok if my car doesn't have a weastegate...?
2) the last owner said that the blowoff bocor ckit...does it effect the engine?
3) if im planning to pasang waestgate....what tools @ barang i need?

engine:4G63SQ
thanks in edvice.....

very2 noob here....just tau beli dan rembat saja...huhuh:driver:
1) All turbo have wastegate, either internal or external. see pic below for ref (from my kancil turbo) to identify internal wastegate

Assuming your 4G63T runs standard, so it have internal wastegate

external wastegate generally used when using aftermarket i.e. bigger turbo...you can refer here for some info

2) When you suddenly release the accelerator i.e. during gearchange, the released pressure by the leaked blow off may not be 100%... so you might hear little compressor surge i.e. the unrelease pressure 'tendang' balik your compressor fins... if the blow off valve (bov) are oem, now a good time to replace it with more 'garang' sound bov :biggrin:... if the said bov is already aftermarket item, i think you can service the bov by replacing some parts inside like hoses, diaphram etc...

3) again... refer here

I'm oso noob... just swap in turbo engine into my kancil feb 2009... but gained a lot of knowledge from zth/other forums sifus, mechanics and like-minded friends...

welcome to force induction bro :itsme:

har1th7

Known Member

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
welcome to the boosting community....

1. bov can change
2 . wastegate only change if ur running on bigger turbine or running on high boost all the time..

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

just refer to all the sticky attach in here ... all are VERY VERY VERY informative...

tigger5251

Known Member

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
okbro,
I also have a kancil turbo (but papagoines lagi expert, salut...)

Anyway, u better get the blow off fixed, coz ur engine is big cc, alot of turbo boost pressure spike can damage your turbine if the blow off doest not work correctly

However, there are still ways to drive without a working wastegate or BOV, is to SLOWLY let go you accelerator when you need to slow down.

Only hard pedal and suddenly lift off the accelerator, by closing your tb, your extra boost have no where to go, hence surge will happen (this is where wastegate or BOV dumps the extra boost away)

Just get the BOV fix or replace a new one, very cheap nowadays if u get a used or chopshop

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

1) All turbo have wastegate, either internal or external. see pic below for ref (from my kancil turbo) to identify internal wastegate

Assuming your 4G63T runs standard, so it have internal wastegate

external wastegate generally used when using aftermarket i.e. bigger turbo...you can refer here for some info

2) When you suddenly release the accelerator i.e. during gearchange, the released pressure by the leaked blow off may not be 100%... so you might hear little compressor surge i.e. the unrelease pressure 'tendang' balik your compressor fins... if the blow off valve (bov) are oem, now a good time to replace it with more 'garang' sound bov :biggrin:... if the said bov is already aftermarket item, i think you can service the bov by replacing some parts inside like hoses, diaphram etc...

3) again... refer here

I'm oso noob... just swap in turbo engine into my kancil feb 2009... but gained a lot of knowledge from zth/other forums sifus, mechanics and like-minded friends...

welcome to force induction bro :itsme:
Bro, if u noob, then im retarded :biggrin: kekekekeke

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
tenkeu all sifu....mine is TD04 turbine....and i dont see any wastegate....

im already salin my bov....same with the old bov...taiwan make.... HKS SSQV...
:proud:

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
bro i tot evo 3 run td05?
4g63 <--- VR4 or Evo3....i dont know anything about evo engine family....

that y im planning to change to TD05....does i need to modified the intercooler piping? :confused:

other question...
1) injector xxxCC function? <--- bigger turbo need bigger cc injector...true ka?
2) ECU function....do i need one?
3) exaust and intake manifold ....better standart or custome make?

thanks for the otai....heheehe...

Last edited:

sebastien

Known Member

sebastien

Known Member
Oct 19, 2008
fuhhh....betta kayuh pelan2...kekeke..
drive da car 1st get to knw more bout ur car n engin 1st la...
then slowly2 upgrade...baru syiok...
just my 2 sen:top:

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
fuhhh....betta kayuh pelan2...kekeke..
drive da car 1st get to knw more bout ur car n engin 1st la...
then slowly2 upgrade...baru syiok...
just my 2 sen:top:
hehehe....so gopoh2.....
i think i wanna change the turbine right now coz i've got some $$$$....
kalau simpan duit lama2...hangus cm 2 ja....hahaha

:rofl:

papagoines

Orang Tua

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
okbro,
I also have a kancil turbo (but papagoines lagi expert, salut...)

Anyway, u better get the blow off fixed, coz ur engine is big cc, alot of turbo boost pressure spike can damage your turbine if the blow off doest not work correctly

However, there are still ways to drive without a working wastegate or BOV, is to SLOWLY let go you accelerator when you need to slow down.

Only hard pedal and suddenly lift off the accelerator, by closing your tb, your extra boost have no where to go, hence surge will happen (this is where wastegate or BOV dumps the extra boost away)

Just get the BOV fix or replace a new one, very cheap nowadays if u get a used or chopshop

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Bro, if u noob, then im retarded :biggrin: kekekekeke
aiya bro... both of us are noob then hhuhuhu

hehehe....so gopoh2.....

set aside your money... and kumpul some more... when you finally ready wif all the knowledge in hand.. just go for the big ones... forged bigger piston, wilder camshafts, bigger turbos, standalone ecu.... then you'll be flying!!!! :driver:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
hehehe....so gopoh2.....

Intercooler piping (If u don’t have it) + new turbine is the right combination bro. Standard rubber hoses are exposed to wear and tear & may cause air leaks plus pressure in steel / aluminum pipes are constant blows to your turbine fin. But strange that your car comes with TD04. Normally Evo's comes with TD05 turbines.

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Intercooler piping (If u don’t have it) + new turbine is the right combination bro. Standard rubber hoses are exposed to wear and tear & may cause air leaks plus pressure in steel / aluminum pipes are constant blows to your turbine fin. But strange that your car comes with TD04. Normally Evo's comes with TD05 turbines.
erkkk not evo 3..... mitsubishi rvr 4g63.....already have intercooler....how much $$$$ TD05+manifold?
if someone nak tolak TD05+manifold RM1.2k...worth or not?:hmmmm:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
erkkk not evo 3..... mitsubishi rvr 4g63.....already have intercooler....how much $$$$ TD05+manifold?
if someone nak tolak TD05+manifold RM1.2k...worth or not?:hmmmm:
Stainless steel Intercooler piping bro. I see... its an RVR. That price sounds ok, but u have to make sure that the turbine is in good condition. No cracks at the body of the turbine and no leaks at the manifold. A rebuilt TD05 with TD06 internals cost u around 1.5 - 1.7K much more reliable and responsive. :biggrin:

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Stainless steel Intercooler piping bro. I see... its an RVR. That price sounds ok, but u have to make sure that the turbine is in good condition. No cracks at the body of the turbine and no leaks at the manifold. A rebuilt TD05 with TD06 internals cost u around 1.5 - 1.7K much more reliable and responsive. :biggrin:
yup stainless steel piping.....wotttt....1.7k complete set ka? turbine+manifold+etc? :banghead:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
yup stainless steel piping.....wotttt....1.7k complete set ka? turbine+manifold+etc? :banghead:
Good that u alrady have the intercooler piping. Nope, just the turbine alone. But it comes with warranty and trouble free for u. Standard evo manifold around rm500 - 700. Thats normal for turbo cars bro, never ending for the modification. Fuel regulator + fuel pump if u wanna increase boost. Then since u are changing the Turbine & manifold, might as well u change to an external wastegate (one shot project since the exhaust side is dismantled). Baru puas hati pakai turbo.... :biggrin:

tigger5251

Known Member

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
piggyback is a thing add on that connects to your engine computer box, adjusting the tuning to suit to your bigger turbo, or whatever shit that you modify to your engine.

it's purpose is to tune the air and fuel, coz after mod, your stock engine computer is not giving the correct air and fuel into your engine, can result bad fuel consumption and not performing 100%

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

eg:

Greddy Emanage Blue, Apexi SAFC, Unichip Version Q

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
piggyback is a thing add on that connects to your engine computer box, adjusting the tuning to suit to your bigger turbo, or whatever shit that you modify to your engine.

it's purpose is to tune the air and fuel, coz after mod, your stock engine computer is not giving the correct air and fuel into your engine, can result bad fuel consumption and not performing 100%

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

eg:

Greddy Emanage Blue, Apexi SAFC, Unichip Version Q
lol :rolleyes:.....hehehe sory noob lagi bab2 engine nie.... that thing worth more than 1k...right.. this piggyback is all in one tuner or seperate?

Apexi SAFC II Black <--- RM800...ok or not? this thing can tune air+fuel together? :banghead:

tigger5251

Known Member

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
SAFC looks cool inside dashboard like BackToTheFuture......But limitation to tune.

Greddy Emanage Blue is more useful, it has 20maps to tune air/fuel and ignition control that gives extra 5-8hp. Performs better than SAFC in all senses.

Price for both new n used, are almost the same. But I recommend you Emanage Blue.

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
SAFC looks cool inside dashboard like BackToTheFuture......But limitation to tune.

Greddy Emanage Blue is more useful, it has 20maps to tune air/fuel and ignition control that gives extra 5-8hp. Performs better than SAFC in all senses.

Price for both new n used, are almost the same. But I recommend you Emanage Blue.
that thing...can be tuned by ourself or have it on tuner....hohohoh.... :rofl:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
that thing...can be tuned by ourself or have it on tuner....hohohoh.... :rofl:
emanage can be tune by urself provided you have the emanage tuning software..
and tuning yourself is not easy coz you won't know what to input to the software..
best is still sent for tuners to do it for you...

dont get safc coz it wont help much basically

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
emanage can be tune by urself provided you have the emanage tuning software..
and tuning yourself is not easy coz you won't know what to input to the software..
best is still sent for tuners to do it for you...

dont get safc coz it wont help much basically
ahaha lol....sure i'll sent it to the tuner.... :banghead: emanage is aroung 1k right.... pling murah buleh dapat 900++ right....:rolleyes:

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
ahaha lol....sure i'll sent it to the tuner.... :banghead: emanage is aroung 1k right.... pling murah buleh dapat 900++ right....:rolleyes:
yup make sure dont buy fake emanage if not you will regret like crazy
and make sure when you buy emanage that time..
buy another item call the ignition harness...
well since you are driving turbo...get the boost sensor as well..
coz emange do come with the function

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
yup make sure dont buy fake emanage if not you will regret like crazy
and make sure when you buy emanage that time..
buy another item call the ignition harness...
well since you are driving turbo...get the boost sensor as well..
coz emange do come with the function
lol...x dpt skali ka....adoiii....have 2 buy seperatly la..... $$$$$$ :banghead:
thanks bro contreasjun.... :smokin:

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
haha then make sure buy emanage and the ignition harness 1st loh..
coz without the ignition harness...
basically ur emanage quite useless hahaha
ok2...e-manage+ignition harness+boost sensor....right.....

erkkk one thing that pop-up in my mind....what if my emanage stolen? sure my car tersadai pnya...huhuhuh.... :nurse:

PrimEvo

PrimEvo

Nov 4, 2009
Johore
Hi to all sifus n turbo expert,
Pampers, sorry inturrpt in ur thread...hehe, im a newbie here...
i would like ask all sifus knowledge n xperties....i ='ve juz dump in an E3 in my Perd V6...
i've installed works FRP, walbro fuel pump, 3inch xhst piping, safc (but havent tuning)hehe...
n others is stock std...
the question is, its seems weird dat my boost on 0.6 n can't get higher :confused:what should i do?
Another ting is my car is 2004 V6 body, after instld the new engine the front left area start to vibrate (gear 1,2,3 n when turning right)...i've checked with a w/shop n he said its d driv shft but not satisfied, yest check wif 2nd w/shop d mech said aircon comprsr pulley touching the body caused it....please sifus help me....

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi to all sifus n turbo expert,
Pampers, sorry inturrpt in ur thread...hehe, im a newbie here...
i would like ask all sifus knowledge n xperties....i ='ve juz dump in an E3 in my Perd V6...
i've installed works FRP, walbro fuel pump, 3inch xhst piping, safc (but havent tuning)hehe...
n others is stock std...
the question is, its seems weird dat my boost on 0.6 n can't get higher :confused:what should i do?
Another ting is my car is 2004 V6 body, after instld the new engine the front left area start to vibrate (gear 1,2,3 n when turning right)...i've checked with a w/shop n he said its d driv shft but not satisfied, yest check wif 2nd w/shop d mech said aircon comprsr pulley touching the body caused it....please sifus help me....
All sifus...please help me....

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Use your boost controller and adjust higher boost lah -.-".

The engine without adjusting anything sure the boost is going to be low right? :biggrin:

PrimEvo

PrimEvo

Nov 4, 2009
Johore
the prob is i dun have a boost controller...hehe
and is it natural for evo3 4G63 bosst at 0.6 only? i heard that std bosst for evo is 0.8~0.9??? correct me if im wrong....

PrimEvo

PrimEvo

Nov 4, 2009
Johore
haha...u r correct, must get one of those boost cont...
i really need advice for this...n the vibration also...as that many of my fren
using perdana SEi body for convert to turbo but as i heard dat V6 n SEi mounting position have a bit difference...huhu...however thanks LWW...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
the prob is i dun have a boost controller...hehe
and is it natural for evo3 4G63 bosst at 0.6 only? i heard that std bosst for evo is 0.8~0.9??? correct me if im wrong....
0.6 or 0.7 bar is standard boosting for normal turbo cars..
if wanna boost hight like 0.9 to 1bar like that you definately need more fuel to pump it up...
other wise ur engine sure misfire

pampersdry

Known Member

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
if wanna boost hight like 0.9 to 1bar like that you definately need more fuel to pump it up...
bro boost at 1bar need fuel pamp ka? adoiii....macam2 kena tukar nihh... :banghead::banghead:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hey guys... not to hijack the thread or anything, but what does a fuel regulator do? I googled it up but dont really understand, haha. Please and thanks! :biggrin:

PrimEvo

PrimEvo

Nov 4, 2009
Johore
Bro Cont. i tot dat evo std boost is 0.8~0.9...hehe, seems im mistaken lor....LOL,
i already dump in Walbro 255 Lph fuel pump when im installing the engine at 1st place...a Works fuel regulator also...the FRP setting is 2++ bar...

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

i went to brother shop and saw a fuel regulator at RM88....that price, is that ok? or mahal / murah sngt?:confused::confused:
Bro Pamp....its quiet dangerous to use ayam/murah FRP bcoz anytime can bocor...thats what i've heard lah...but still depends on your luck maybe...hehe, correct me if im wrong...

any sifus here with Perdana E3? becoz i wanna ask about my drive shaft and some pulleys touching the body....huhu...pls help me

PrimEvo

PrimEvo

Nov 4, 2009
Johore
ok....but to adjust d boost i still need electronic boost controller o the least is tulang ikan rite? but how reliable is the tulang ikan bro???

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hey guys... not to hijack the thread or anything, but what does a fuel regulator do? I googled it up but dont really understand, haha. Please and thanks! :biggrin:
it increase ur fuel pressure by blocking the fuel from returning to the fuel tank.

ok....but to adjust d boost i still need electronic boost controller o the least is tulang ikan rite? but how reliable is the tulang ikan bro???
pls invest ur money for a better b.ctrl.fish tank valve is not reliable and constant.today u get 1 bar,
tomorrow maybe 0.8-0.9.u can buy those mechanical b.c with bearing inside for sub rm100 and it
last long.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
it increase ur fuel pressure by blocking the fuel from returning to the fuel tank.

pls invest ur money for a better b.ctrl.fish tank valve is not reliable and constant.today u get 1 bar,
tomorrow maybe 0.8-0.9.u can buy those mechanical b.c with bearing inside for sub rm100 and it
last long.
Haha alrite, GT, thanks for explaining :rolleyes:... does it work on both efi and carb'ed cars or just on efi? Im not very sure on fuel systems so might as well ask now :driver:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Haha alrite, GT, thanks for explaining :rolleyes:... does it work on both efi and carb'ed cars or just on efi? Im not very sure on fuel systems so might as well ask now :driver:
ur welcome bro.fpr is only works on efi cars with fuel return line.for example u can't install it
on ford focus cos they don't have fuel return line and they don't rely on fuel press to send the
fuel to the combustion chamber but voltage.the higher the voltage,the more fuel it inject.
that why ford tuner carry those voltage regulator that can regulate the voltage of the fuel
pump so to increase fuel.note what i've said is no doesn't mean it's impossible.i heard a saga
carbie with fpr before n a few of my friends drive kelisa/kenari with fpr.(they mod the existing
fuel system to incorporate fuel return line).

PrimEvo

PrimEvo

Nov 4, 2009
Johore
Hi GT
I wold k to ask, how to make sure our engine is fit for Dyno test? takut maa, always
hear people say engine can pecah during dyno???

one more thing, anybody can help me regarding the drive shaft issue?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hi GT
I wold k to ask, how to make sure our engine is fit for Dyno test? takut maa, always
hear people say engine can pecah during dyno???

one more thing, anybody can help me regarding the drive shaft issue?
sorry bro,i'm not gt auto of sunway.:rofl: