newbie needs help....turbo engine

evolancer

Mar 29, 2005
hello all sifus.....i just upgrade my car engine to 1.8gsr....since im newbie so i got few questions need your help.

1.which type of important gauges or meters need to install for monitoring??exhaust temp?oil temp or pressure etc...(boost meter is a must,correct??)

2.wat kind of engine oil suppose to use??and the grade??normal type for na engine can be used??

wat else do i need to take care for turbo engine?? thanks

SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
i have a boost meter and an exhaust temp meter installed, running with 10-40 grade oil.

evolancer

Mar 29, 2005
so wat else important profile need to monitor??and wat is the normal operating pressure,temp....for 1.8 gsr?

CSx8213x

Mar 8, 2004
hey hey .... izzit new type of 1.8 gsr ?? Can install in the waja body wan rite ??

carcraze

Mar 3, 2004

I think most probably you'll need a boost and exaust temp. For water temp., you current meter indication should be sufficient. You might want to consider using fully synthetic engine oil. Try Q8 engine oil. Seems to be very good on my car.

Look after your turbine, and engine oil change freq. If you keep your car stock, it should be running smoothly all the time.

phat7

May 21, 2004
1) Boost- You know how healthy the turbine is
2) Oil Temp - If you're oil coolers work
3) Water Temp - Radiator can cope or not
4) Ext Temp - To check if you're running rich or lean (by the way rich is safe just dont run lean)

Get a turbo timer. Use any good ol oil you like just get it serviced often as blowby leaves lots of dirt in oil. Good oil filter. Hope this helps.

carcraze said:
I think most probably you'll need a boost and exaust temp. For water temp., you current meter indication should be sufficient. You might want to consider using fully synthetic engine oil. Try Q8 engine oil. Seems to be very good on my car.

Look after your turbine, and engine oil change freq. If you keep your car stock, it should be running smoothly all the time.
yes man..use Q8...better....looks for me if wan change motor oil.....u try Q8.....no regret....i can get cheaper for u...direct from distributor......

my location owes at wangsa maju,zo0 negara, setapak areas......

if normal drive..no tune no modify......turbo timer n boost meter sufficient....

if u juz change engine...u can try Q8 semi syn 1st..run it for 4000km then change to Q8 fully syn....u can feel d differences....most users said better than mobil, shell, bp , petronas......etc....

Q8 semi syn rm85 +/-.....fully syn rm 41 +/- for 1 litre.........my 2 cents

carcraze

Mar 3, 2004
Q8

huakenny said:
if normal drive..no tune no modify......turbo timer n boost meter sufficient....

if u juz change engine...u can try Q8 semi syn 1st..run it for 4000km then change to Q8 fully syn....u can feel d differences....most users said better than mobil, shell, bp , petronas......etc....

Q8 semi syn rm85 +/-.....fully syn rm 41 +/- for 1 litre.........my 2 cents
Hahaha....you know the distributor too huh...that fella must be doing well. Tony right? Hehehe....

guest18

Jul 4, 2004
phat7 said:
4) Ext Temp - To check if you're running rich or lean (by the way rich is safe just dont run lean)
alternatively you can get a/f meter more expensive but more accurate

carcraze

Mar 3, 2004
Q8

huakenny said:
nop...i knew tat one is Roy....drive subaru one
Oh yes, I know Roy too. Super powerful Subaru, he has. Hahaha....I think Roy is either a partner or agent for Tony for Q8.

evolancer

Mar 29, 2005
huakenny said:
yes man..use Q8...better....looks for me if wan change motor oil.....u try Q8.....no regret....i can get cheaper for u...direct from distributor......

my location owes at wangsa maju,zo0 negara, setapak areas......

huakenny:
too bad me from ipoh..btw wat is the full name of Q8??how much the semi and full syn one??

how about the bov??do i need to install?if im not wrong the 1.8gsr one is internal one right??any diff if i install external bov?? thanks guys

CSx8213x

Mar 8, 2004
external ... mean got blow off sound lor ....

alvinpck

15 - 50 wud do jz nice....

maintaining jz like normal engine....

evolancer said:
hello all sifus.....i just upgrade my car engine to 1.8gsr....since im newbie so i got few questions need your help.

1.which type of important gauges or meters need to install for monitoring??exhaust temp?oil temp or pressure etc...(boost meter is a must,correct??)

2.wat kind of engine oil suppose to use??and the grade??normal type for na engine can be used??

wat else do i need to take care for turbo engine?? thanks

Looking for an alarm system for my car. Clifford is far too expensive for my budget so was offered an American Autocraft alarm system called the Matrix III + Cheetah immobilizer/anti-hijack system for RM2100. Installer claims that features are almost the same with Clifford system, except cannot program + minus some features. Does anybody have any experience or comments about this brand or setup? would appreciate any feedback, thanks.