newbie in turbo engine....need help

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
hai...recently i just bought a car(perdana evo3)....im quite new in turbo engine....so just wanna to enlarge my knowladge with some info from sifu2....

1) is that ok if my car doesn't have a weastegate...?
2) the last owner said that the blowoff bocor ckit...does it effect the engine?
3) if im planning to pasang waestgate....what tools @ barang i need?

engine:4G63SQ
thanks in edvice.....

very2 noob here....just tau beli dan rembat saja...huhuh:driver:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
hai...recently i just bought a car(perdana evo3)....im quite new in turbo engine....so just wanna to enlarge my knowladge with some info from sifu2....

1) is that ok if my car doesn't have a weastegate...?
2) the last owner said that the blowoff bocor ckit...does it effect the engine?
3) if im planning to pasang waestgate....what tools @ barang i need?

engine:4G63SQ
thanks in edvice.....

very2 noob here....just tau beli dan rembat saja...huhuh:driver:
1) All turbo have wastegate, either internal or external. see pic below for ref (from my kancil turbo) to identify internal wastegate

Assuming your 4G63T runs standard, so it have internal wastegate

external wastegate generally used when using aftermarket i.e. bigger turbo...you can refer here for some info

2) When you suddenly release the accelerator i.e. during gearchange, the released pressure by the leaked blow off may not be 100%... so you might hear little compressor surge i.e. the unrelease pressure 'tendang' balik your compressor fins... if the blow off valve (bov) are oem, now a good time to replace it with more 'garang' sound bov :biggrin:... if the said bov is already aftermarket item, i think you can service the bov by replacing some parts inside like hoses, diaphram etc...

3) again... refer here

I'm oso noob... just swap in turbo engine into my kancil feb 2009... but gained a lot of knowledge from zth/other forums sifus, mechanics and like-minded friends...

welcome to force induction bro :itsme:

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
welcome to the boosting community....

1. bov can change
2 . wastegate only change if ur running on bigger turbine or running on high boost all the time..

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

just refer to all the sticky attach in here ... all are VERY VERY VERY informative...

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
okbro,
I also have a kancil turbo (but papagoines lagi expert, salut...)

Anyway, u better get the blow off fixed, coz ur engine is big cc, alot of turbo boost pressure spike can damage your turbine if the blow off doest not work correctly

However, there are still ways to drive without a working wastegate or BOV, is to SLOWLY let go you accelerator when you need to slow down.

Only hard pedal and suddenly lift off the accelerator, by closing your tb, your extra boost have no where to go, hence surge will happen (this is where wastegate or BOV dumps the extra boost away)

Just get the BOV fix or replace a new one, very cheap nowadays if u get a used or chopshop

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

1) All turbo have wastegate, either internal or external. see pic below for ref (from my kancil turbo) to identify internal wastegate

Assuming your 4G63T runs standard, so it have internal wastegate

external wastegate generally used when using aftermarket i.e. bigger turbo...you can refer here for some info

2) When you suddenly release the accelerator i.e. during gearchange, the released pressure by the leaked blow off may not be 100%... so you might hear little compressor surge i.e. the unrelease pressure 'tendang' balik your compressor fins... if the blow off valve (bov) are oem, now a good time to replace it with more 'garang' sound bov :biggrin:... if the said bov is already aftermarket item, i think you can service the bov by replacing some parts inside like hoses, diaphram etc...

3) again... refer here

I'm oso noob... just swap in turbo engine into my kancil feb 2009... but gained a lot of knowledge from zth/other forums sifus, mechanics and like-minded friends...

welcome to force induction bro :itsme:
Bro, if u noob, then im retarded :biggrin: kekekekeke

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
tenkeu all sifu....mine is TD04 turbine....and i dont see any wastegate....

im already salin my bov....same with the old bov...taiwan make.... HKS SSQV...
:proud:

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
bro i tot evo 3 run td05?
4g63 <--- VR4 or Evo3....i dont know anything about evo engine family....

that y im planning to change to TD05....does i need to modified the intercooler piping? :confused:

other question...
1) injector xxxCC function? <--- bigger turbo need bigger cc injector...true ka?
2) ECU function....do i need one?
3) exaust and intake manifold ....better standart or custome make?

thanks for the otai....heheehe...

Last edited:

sebastien

Known Member
Oct 19, 2008
fuhhh....betta kayuh pelan2...kekeke..
drive da car 1st get to knw more bout ur car n engin 1st la...
then slowly2 upgrade...baru syiok...
just my 2 sen:top:

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
fuhhh....betta kayuh pelan2...kekeke..
drive da car 1st get to knw more bout ur car n engin 1st la...
then slowly2 upgrade...baru syiok...
just my 2 sen:top:
hehehe....so gopoh2.....
i think i wanna change the turbine right now coz i've got some $$$$....
kalau simpan duit lama2...hangus cm 2 ja....hahaha

:rofl:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
okbro,
I also have a kancil turbo (but papagoines lagi expert, salut...)

Anyway, u better get the blow off fixed, coz ur engine is big cc, alot of turbo boost pressure spike can damage your turbine if the blow off doest not work correctly

However, there are still ways to drive without a working wastegate or BOV, is to SLOWLY let go you accelerator when you need to slow down.

Only hard pedal and suddenly lift off the accelerator, by closing your tb, your extra boost have no where to go, hence surge will happen (this is where wastegate or BOV dumps the extra boost away)

Just get the BOV fix or replace a new one, very cheap nowadays if u get a used or chopshop

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Bro, if u noob, then im retarded :biggrin: kekekekeke
aiya bro... both of us are noob then hhuhuhu

hehehe....so gopoh2.....

set aside your money... and kumpul some more... when you finally ready wif all the knowledge in hand.. just go for the big ones... forged bigger piston, wilder camshafts, bigger turbos, standalone ecu.... then you'll be flying!!!! :driver:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
hehehe....so gopoh2.....

Intercooler piping (If u don’t have it) + new turbine is the right combination bro. Standard rubber hoses are exposed to wear and tear & may cause air leaks plus pressure in steel / aluminum pipes are constant blows to your turbine fin. But strange that your car comes with TD04. Normally Evo's comes with TD05 turbines.

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Intercooler piping (If u don’t have it) + new turbine is the right combination bro. Standard rubber hoses are exposed to wear and tear & may cause air leaks plus pressure in steel / aluminum pipes are constant blows to your turbine fin. But strange that your car comes with TD04. Normally Evo's comes with TD05 turbines.
erkkk not evo 3..... mitsubishi rvr 4g63.....already have intercooler....how much $$$$ TD05+manifold?
if someone nak tolak TD05+manifold RM1.2k...worth or not?:hmmmm:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
erkkk not evo 3..... mitsubishi rvr 4g63.....already have intercooler....how much $$$$ TD05+manifold?
if someone nak tolak TD05+manifold RM1.2k...worth or not?:hmmmm:
Stainless steel Intercooler piping bro. I see... its an RVR. That price sounds ok, but u have to make sure that the turbine is in good condition. No cracks at the body of the turbine and no leaks at the manifold. A rebuilt TD05 with TD06 internals cost u around 1.5 - 1.7K much more reliable and responsive. :biggrin:

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Stainless steel Intercooler piping bro. I see... its an RVR. That price sounds ok, but u have to make sure that the turbine is in good condition. No cracks at the body of the turbine and no leaks at the manifold. A rebuilt TD05 with TD06 internals cost u around 1.5 - 1.7K much more reliable and responsive. :biggrin:
yup stainless steel piping.....wotttt....1.7k complete set ka? turbine+manifold+etc? :banghead:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
yup stainless steel piping.....wotttt....1.7k complete set ka? turbine+manifold+etc? :banghead:
Good that u alrady have the intercooler piping. Nope, just the turbine alone. But it comes with warranty and trouble free for u. Standard evo manifold around rm500 - 700. Thats normal for turbo cars bro, never ending for the modification. Fuel regulator + fuel pump if u wanna increase boost. Then since u are changing the Turbine & manifold, might as well u change to an external wastegate (one shot project since the exhaust side is dismantled). Baru puas hati pakai turbo.... :biggrin: