Modding a Peugeot 408

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. scoupe already posted what I want to say too....:adore:

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Normal la, just type it. They call me SC.
Stiff rings are for old cars bro. No need to do it. Unless urs is Pug 406 hahaha.

What scoupe and waiora said is true.
But newbies might think SC is Service Center......hahhahhah

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Wowwww....Thank you guys for the advise and comments...Very good info...Will survey around for exhaust system...Do you guys know any place that is expert on exhaust system with reasonable price? SuperCircuit good??

Also...You guys really think my standard pipping is small for a modetn car??? So what is the right size??

After all you guys said, i think remap is the way....after the hardware ofcourse....Apart from GT Auto...Any other place or ppl you all can recomend?? I see alot of positive feedbacks with DK Tuning though...So just wondering what u guys think or heard about DK??

Oh yah...one more thing....A friend was telling me, since is my everyday car...He said i dont need to go for full exhaust system...he say just change downpipe and then remap...already enough....he said since i have intention to mod the car to the max....no point....what u guys think??

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wowwww....Thank you guys for the advise and comments...Very good info...Will survey around for exhaust system...Do you guys know any place that is expert on exhaust system with reasonable price? SuperCircuit good??

Also...You guys really think my standard pipping is small for a modetn car??? So what is the right size??

After all you guys said, i think remap is the way....after the hardware ofcourse....Apart from GT Auto...Any other place or ppl you all can recomend?? I see alot of positive feedbacks with DK Tuning though...So just wondering what u guys think or heard about DK??

Oh yah...one more thing....A friend was telling me, since is my everyday car...He said i dont need to go for full exhaust system...he say just change downpipe and then remap...already enough....he said since i have intention to mod the car to the max....no point....what u guys think??
Bro. I will ask my friend about the tuner. Your friend drive what car? Ur one is turbo weh. Diff style dy. Turbo can consult VR2turbo.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks SC. Do let me know. And yes mine is a 408 Turbo. Is 1.6cc turbochraged.

So how? Do u guys think is ok if just change downpipe only, then remap? Or better to go for downpipe until the muffler?? Will there be a big difference??

Thanks guys....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks SC. Do let me know. And yes mine is a 408 Turbo. Is 1.6cc turbochraged.

So how? Do u guys think is ok if just change downpipe only, then remap? Or better to go for downpipe until the muffler?? Will there be a big difference??

Thanks guys....
He said the guy freelance one lol. Friend intro.
I think no need upgrade downpipe. Since stock turbo.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I was told that changing the downpipe make the turbo spool faster. But now i dont know if need to change the center pipe and muffler or not? Coz some said since mine is an auto, no need waste money to change the whole system. Just downpipe will do. I cant figure out what does auto tranny got to do with it. Well, at least one thing is sorted, remap is what i will do. Now just have to find a good tunner.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Its ok SC. You already advise alot. Thank you....

Hopefully other sifus here can help advise on my issue with the downpipe or full exhaust system.....

Thank you guys.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
So....Any sifus here can advise me on my issue regarding if i should just do downpipe or a full exhaust system??? Before i remap.....

Thanks alot guys...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Holidays ZTH is very quiet.
Yup, away outstation for 3 days.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Bro. I will ask my friend about the tuner. Your friend drive what car? Ur one is turbo weh. Diff style dy. Turbo can consult VR2turbo.
Mine is old school turbo. Straight forward kind of tech, but if against new turbo can be a lot of difference like twin scroll, Variable and so on...:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I was told that changing the downpipe make the turbo spool faster. But now i dont know if need to change the center pipe and muffler or not? Coz some said since mine is an auto, no need waste money to change the whole system. Just downpipe will do. I cant figure out what does auto tranny got to do with it. Well, at least one thing is sorted, remap is what i will do. Now just have to find a good tunner.
Not sure if it will spool faster, but for turbo usually is the boost. The more the boost the more the power but have to tune accordingly, especially like air fuel ratio. Too lean and high boost can burn the engine.
You may need a good tuner. either that or a good exhaust guy to explain whether only down pipe or whole system, but I still think it has to go hand in hand with your tuner job on the mapping...:smokin:
My old school exhaust system is 2.5" all the way until the straight thru' rear muffler. No mid box, no cat, nothing except the rear muffler....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh yah....Btw....Have you guys heard about this new thing call the stiff ring?? Any good?? Macam very good ler....Many positive reviews.....Just wondering what is the effect on my car if i install, since i already have a H&R Sport Springs.....
Understand what those rings do first before you blindly install something your car will most likely not need. Stiffening the cross member and not allowing any movement in the chassis parts will likely not work well for your car. Some cars need that flexibility to work properly, too stiff and you'll wear out other parts of the car faster than necessary. Besides, if you want a stiff solid ride get the UR bars inside and out. But that'll add weight though. You're better off autofoaming.

is it just me or the std piping is kinda small compared with other modern car?
Cost effectiveness and environmental considerations. Too large piping and the manufacturer spends more on building your car which will translate into higher car costs just because it's exhaust is bigger. There's a certain level of RND done to optimize the current setup to cater for exhaust regulations and bhp regulations etc. So yes, stock is small but stock isn't always bad. The stock Wira SE exhaust muffler is surprisingly good and is one of the least restrictive mufflers for the Wira. Pity the material it's made from is prone to rust.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedbacks and comments guys.....Appreciate it.....

Spoke to some shops out there and they actually tell me, there is no need to change my center pipe and muffler. They said no significance improvement on performance. But significant improvement in sound volume. LOL. Said that whenever they dyno, the before and after center pipe and muffler, is like 1-2hp up. Better off just doing downpipe. It gives more performance.

What you guys think? Is this true??

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus,

Decided to just go for downpipe and remap.

I have a quick question. I have research and found out that my gb is called the AT6. Produce jointly with AISIN. It can withstand 300nm. My concern is, after all the downpipe and remap, chances are i will hit 300nm. Would that be really pushing the gb to the max and risk blowing it? Some ppl told me, dont trust published figures as most of the time is not true. Some say is ok if tuned properly. My stock torque figure is 240nm. And also, the potential new 300nm is at crank, which i have no idea what this means.

Need advise Sifussss

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus,

Decided to just go for downpipe and remap.

I have a quick question. I have research and found out that my gb is called the AT6. Produce jointly with AISIN. It can withstand 300nm. My concern is, after all the downpipe and remap, chances are i will hit 300nm. Would that be really pushing the gb to the max and risk blowing it? Some ppl told me, dont trust published figures as most of the time is not true. Some say is ok if tuned properly. My stock torque figure is 240nm. And also, the potential new 300nm is at crank, which i have no idea what this means.

Need advise Sifussss
Ask ur tuner to go for torque curve instead of max torque then.