Modding a Peugeot 408

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I dont think Racechip is a piggy back. It doesnt touch or play with the the original ECU settings. Its just there to trick the MAP sensor and ECU to provide more boost, and fuel. Thats what the website and the SA told me la.

Will take note on the cooling issues with the GB. Planning to change my coolant as well. Gonna do a complete flush.

Have you guys heard anything about changing a downpipe/exhaust system, which then cause the problem of the turbo not spooling maximum?? Got such thing ah???

Thanks so much sifussss......
Isn't that what the piggyback suppose to do, cheat the ECU?

Turbo system exhaust pipe, change whatever you want after the turbine....:driver:

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i think marv has yet to grasp the idea of the types of management available in the market. personally i feel dun go too crazy with these sorta cars. stick to the lil basic stuffs and u shall remain problem free. a turbo car is not necessary a performance car. good luck bro.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i think marv has yet to grasp the idea of the types of management available in the market. personally i feel dun go too crazy with these sorta cars. stick to the lil basic stuffs and u shall remain problem free. a turbo car is not necessary a performance car. good luck bro.

Yeah. I havent yet grasp the idea of the types of management system out there. In fact, i havent get the grasp on alot of things. Pretty new to the modding scene. But very interested to learn more and mod.

Well, i dont plan to mod alot. Just those that i mentioned earlier....downpipes, cat-back, intercooler pipes and finally a remap. And thats it. So hopefully to get more advises and feedbacks from here =)

(By the way....I think this thread tittle is kinda not suitable.....Perhaps "Modding 408 Turbo" is more suitable???....LOL)

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Nothing is wrong. Just thought of the whole system from the downpipe onwards. For better flow and improve performances. But most like would not change muffler. Dont want it to be too loud. I attached some pics to show the dowpipe onwards....

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most change header for NA. For turbo, header not to touch unless you want to fit banana header.
For pipes after header no point if you are going to keep it quiet. Replacing the mid box and rear muffler will make it noisy.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
How about just downpipe and middle pipe? Will it still be noisy if i remain the middle box and muffler?

stupidcar....Your friend's 308 must be remap to a crazy number for gb to pecah...Wahhhhh....Must really tune properly for reliability and performance ler like that....Is DK Tuning good? Anyone heard anything about their work on remap?? Or is there any good remap tuners u guys can intro??

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
How about just downpipe and middle pipe? Will it still be noisy if i remain the middle box and muffler?

stupidcar....Your friend's 308 must be remap to a crazy number for gb to pecah...Wahhhhh....Must really tune properly for reliability and performance ler like that....Is DK Tuning good? Anyone heard anything about their work on remap?? Or is there any good remap tuners u guys can intro??
The map itself is good for the engine. But not on the gearbox.
Its because the gearbox Pug is using is not reliable. It didnt bump up the hp for a huge margin. Should be less than 50horse.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advise stupidcar.....(damn awkward to type out your name ler...Like cursing you...Hehhehehe).....

What about the noise it makes?? Is there any difference if i leave the middle box and muffler?? Or just leave the muffler?? Dont want it to be like those crazy loud modded cars.

Oh yah....Btw....Have you guys heard about this new thing call the stiff ring?? Any good?? Macam very good ler....Many positive reviews.....Just wondering what is the effect on my car if i install, since i already have a H&R Sport Springs.....

Thanks guys....

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
ok here goes, there is no point of spending loads on exhaust work and leaving the standard muffler on. u increase the flow mid way and u choke it at the end. the result possibly no change or decrease in performance. what you can do is invest in a good muffler and exhaust system. u will not get the annoying exhaust sound, what you will get is a deep bass sound, probably pretty quiet on idle. higher flowing exhaust muffler with great sound aint gonna be cheap but certainly worth it. About ecu tuning and all.. most times is not about how much Hp but the power and torque curve. a well tuned machine has good power delivery. you will be surprised how a lower hp car but good power curve can do with a high hp car with power curves high up on the rev range. A street car needs good midrange as your not on the straights all the time.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
remap - change the setting in your existing ECU.

piggyback - a device to trick your ECU, thus making it retune itself.

standalone - take out your ECU to replace with aftermarket ECU.

take note that modern ECU can only retune itself during close loop (low-mid rpm, low-mid load)
retune means adapt or learn..

a simple guide...modern ECU are complicated...remap would be the best..
piggyback would do nothing...its just cheat...cant cheat for long...

cheap standalone are not better than original ECU...
while expensive standalone, on the other hand......are expensive...

good tuner like GT Auto will tell you the limitation of each choice...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advise stupidcar.....(damn awkward to type out your name ler...Like cursing you...Hehhehehe).....

What about the noise it makes?? Is there any difference if i leave the middle box and muffler?? Or just leave the muffler?? Dont want it to be like those crazy loud modded cars.

Oh yah....Btw....Have you guys heard about this new thing call the stiff ring?? Any good?? Macam very good ler....Many positive reviews.....Just wondering what is the effect on my car if i install, since i already have a H&R Sport Springs.....

Thanks guys....
Normal la, just type it. They call me SC.
Stiff rings are for old cars bro. No need to do it. Unless urs is Pug 406 hahaha.

What scoupe and waiora said is true.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there

I am planning to change my throttle body because I have enough of the jerking problems it causes. What do you guys recommend, I mean the brand and the size (70mm, 90mm, oversized?) I saw on mudah.my, there are many options but I'm not sure about this. If it is oversize, is the performance will slightly increase? How about the fuel consumption? Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience