Modding FD2R

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm very interested to get an FD2R, also the price just dropped. Above that I'm putting a side about RM20k for car mod. What am I looking at & what could I get from that kind of budget?
I don't need a track car & not going to spend too much. If needing topping up above the budget abit would be fine. I'm asking this before getting the car...

What I have is mind is NOT to change the major parts in FD2R. What comes in with the car should be good enough already. Just mod it to the limit that the original brakes, absorbers & etc could well take it. Not to go too far, cross the line then major parts would be needed to be changed already.

Can anyone gives an idea of how much & what parts that's needed to get? ECU, this & that... Anything la... If you own an FR2D then pls mention. I'll take your word above all.

As for mod garage also advertise abit... Post up ur link. Maybe I'll sign the RM20k cheque to U. Be honest, if the RM20k is gonna over power & causing major parts change then it's a big NO NO. Just to the sweet spot which don't need to change the major parts is good enough already.

Frankly I'm a very easy going guy. Easy to get poisoned by the extra kicks but this time I'm hold strong NOT to change the major parts. Just to give an idea I want to get a gaming PC for max of 8k but ended with watercooling super comm costing me 27k. Bad experience, this time I'm holding strong to the non-major parts change...

Pls list what's there to be modded if possible.

Last edited:

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Most parts for FD2R are expensive. It all depends what you want to mod with your 20k. Some people might want to get a better suspension which can cost from about 3.5k to 13k depending on how comfy you want :p
You want a super light rims can cost you about 10k. The list can go on and on :)
But for 20k, you can get a good exhaust, header, intake and ECU.
Best thing you can do is join a TT. There'll be plenty of dicussions, questions you can ask and poisons as well ;)

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
kinda pointless to list out...

coz if u buy the FD2-R, its most likely gonna be used and most FD2-Rs out there are either minor or heavily modded...

if we list out oso end up the car u buying already have it wats the point? choose ur car first... then list wat u already have in the car then we can list out everything else...

but basically... hondata (k100 minimum) and intake and exhaust mods. should cost u about 7-8k total...and based on ur requirements (i.e. not changing major parts and stock brakes/absorbers etc) there really isnt much to do...

otherwise theres always cams.. intake manifold, throttle body, wheels, tires & suspension etc.

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Actually I've came across that advertisement already & planning to get it.
Follow up by that I've made a post at General Talk asking ppl if I can transfer my number to the Skunk2 FD2R. Too bad I can't...

That's how I cut out my 20k mod budget (recon + mod). Just gotto use my old number plate. Buying a recon car... If I don't need my number plate then I'll surely get it.

Recon car + mod price = the Skunk2 car. Damn all of that is gonna cost me RM60k!!! Wonder if he sells me all the listed price for RM20k...:hmmmm2: Yea la... in my dreams loe:sleep:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
from the name posted...i think i know the dood with the skunk2 fd2r (if its the same person la)... its a good clean car.. dood is a nice feller too...

if u get the car.. u basically dun really have to do much already...its practically a buy n drive.

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Eeekkkk argh!!! Kena poison. Very venomous car...

If I can't cure the poison then I'll let my maid use my number on a new bike then I'll buy that car.
Just wrong la... My maid going to pasar with my identity number plate

Need to spend RM60k for the mods? Guess +- 10% off

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
again for the sake of a number plate you are taking such a complicated path.... :dontknow:

madman already mentioned what you can/should do , still got extra just burn on things to make you look super cool and flashy la.....get full set defi's, cf hood, and get the most expensive exhaust kit,header,intake, brand new from japan that you can find, confirm can reach your 20k budget. or just go JC Racing there tell them you got FD2R and 20k to burn....within 5 minutes confirm settle what you need. JC Racing Link :top:

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
JC Racing... I've been reading alot & seems that place is the right place for FD2R.
I can't drive once I got my car. It gotto go to the garage 1st. Get the sound set up above all things.

The one thing women don't know much is what's in the hood. The one thing that they can tell is the sound. The rest I can bullshit but if the sounds changes so would the TIGRESS ROARS.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
the FD2-R from factory is already very powerful and can put quite a number of cheating cars to shame easily....

if u butt itchy, just drop by JC Racing and poison yourself...
:D

cheating = turbo la..

*flame suit on before turbo fans flame me*
:biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
JC Racing... I've been reading alot & seems that place is the right place for FD2R.
I can't drive once I got my car. It gotto go to the garage 1st. Get the sound set up above all things.

The one thing women don't know much is what's in the hood. The one thing that they can tell is the sound. The rest I can bullshit but if the sounds changes so would the TIGRESS ROARS.
:congrats::damnmate: :banghead::argh:

yurigtr

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
you may wanna have a look at The 8th GEN CIVIC CLUB :: Index as they are easily 50 active fd2 owners in that forum.

as for the skunk2 certified fd2. we know the owner and the garage who did the car up. :)

head over there and you'll get some unbiased opinions as you get a various car owners who did their car in various garages to get a fair comparison and feedbacks.

Last edited:

apaitubulan

Known Member
Jan 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

apek beca, u got your FD2R already? skunk2 certified or recon or used unit?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need help sifus............. i wanna know is there any chance of changing kelisa auto gearbox to tiptronic gearbox ? if there is what gearbox? please help or suggest some thing to do with the gearbox ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience