Mivec gearbox or EVO3 gearbox??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Dear all, now i'm suffering clutch slipped and spoiled synchronize gear for my current mivec gb as it can't afford after i upgraded engine...

So now, if i fix the synchronize gear and replace racing cluth will cost me a bomb and might not last long either, in that case, would it be advisable to use ori evo3 gb? since it's twin sync, lsd and ori clutch can hold 275bhp turbo power, should be piece of cake to handle my >200bhp NA...

The problem is, some said mivec gb is match perfectly with mivec setting, if we change the gb might result in power loss, is that true?? can expert advise me about the difference if i use a ori evo3 gb like gear ratio, final drive? would i lose out to mivec gb or lead to any other hardware failure?

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Dear all, now i'm suffering clutch slipped and spoiled synchronize gear for my current mivec gb as it can't afford after i upgraded engine...

So now, if i fix the synchronize gear and replace racing cluth will cost me a bomb and might not last long either, in that case, would it be advisable to use ori evo3 gb? since it's twin sync, lsd and ori clutch can hold 275bhp turbo power, should be piece of cake to handle my >200bhp NA...

The problem is, some said mivec gb is match perfectly with mivec setting, if we change the gb might result in power loss, is that true?? can expert advise me about the difference if i use a ori evo3 gb like gear ratio, final drive? would i lose out to mivec gb or lead to any other hardware failure?
Is evo gear box 4wd?
Lock to 2WD u will lost 30% of power...

I suggest u try to reduce the ecu setting to lesser fuel to reduce torque!!!
This might help geh!!!
Don't scold me if i'm wrong...

Coz i use o paly my VAFC all he time whenver i feel no statisfy!!!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
too bad my clutch slipped problem not too serious during pick up, but stuck at 3/4 gear hi rev... got burnt smell...

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
whaooo......
This is bad...
My experience on clucth slip is during 2nd gear 8200rpm change to 3rd...
The sound like droooookkkkkkkk......that's with exedy 3 puck semi-race!!!
After all flywheel teared!!!

Try to take risk to dismentle ur gearbox to check what is the prob...
For me may suspect the 'plate' may not suit with ur clucth!!!
The spring force isn't enough!!!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
but last time no such problem leh... furthermore the sync is memang spoiled already... Even i just replace clutch plate only also doesnt help much... is BR clutch ok? so cheap, only RM380

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
but last time no such problem leh... furthermore the sync is memang spoiled already... Even i just replace clutch plate only also doesnt help much... is BR clutch ok? so cheap, only RM380
As i understading on clucth, plate should change together with clucth disc!!!
Plate pressure have life span...

I'm not sure bout the BR!

Check out with ur foreman...
Comfort std clucth if i ain't mistaken only have 2...
1 is exedy(RM350) & another is ori Mit's (RM800)!!!

And another common things is...mit's always spoil the sync gear...
Even mine LSD track g/b too!!!

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Jack, are you sure or not? My leg is already painful and tired using my current clutch set..yours is unimaginable.

Zac, your mivec is >200hp? Very powerful indeed...what modifications that you did to your engine? Mind to share a bit...?

paolo_m

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
actually the syncro quite cheap but the workmanship for disassembling gbox and operate it makes the cost high.. better rebuild back the mivec gbox bcoz syncro (thin copper piece) only torn meaning that whether u will face difficulties to shift to the gear or it will stuck on that gear when u shift.. i think this happened bcoz of the insufficient transmission oil or haven't changed it for quite sometimes or using inappropriate transmission oil or simply bcoz wear n tear time already..

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Jack, are you sure or not? My leg is already painful and tired using my current clutch set..yours is unimaginable.

Zac, your mivec is >200hp? Very powerful indeed...what modifications that you did to your engine? Mind to share a bit...?
i have change to exedy ori liao...

Bump:
actually the syncro quite cheap but the workmanship for disassembling gbox and operate it makes the cost high.. better rebuild back the mivec gbox bcoz syncro (thin copper piece) only torn meaning that whether u will face difficulties to shift to the gear or it will stuck on that gear when u shift.. i think this happened bcoz of the insufficient transmission oil or haven't changed it for quite sometimes or using inappropriate transmission oil or simply bcoz wear n tear time already..
i use LSD Motul gear oil...
1L round RM80...3L almost RM300 if not mistaken...
Beh tahan liao...

I think ligther or lower viscosity will easily spoil ur gear right!!! Coz friction increased!!!

But also driver depends!!!
Somehow...if u wanna tune up a car with >8000RPM...should be very tough already
More difficult long term street use!!!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I still think it will be better value to get a E3 gearbox, as i sicked of fixing here and there... also a better gb can leave me more space to modify in future right...

Btw, i thought >200bhp is less than 200bhp right?? actually my car quite weak lah, no need to mentioned what have been done...:biggrin:

I need more info on the differences, did anyone tried it before? i knew is common for gsr changed to E3 and it should be no pro for a mivec either...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
just nice for street use... and not so easy to race against others... hahaha

BUMP FOR MORE OPINION!!! i already asked my mech, fix synchro gear need rm1k with all labour in, if wanna change clutch then need to buy another set of clutch... will close to 2k spend.

If i use E3 gearbox with ori clutch all in, also cost around rm2k... and i still able to sell my mivec gb to others right??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
My mech said only RM2k needed for E3 gb conversion... but really eager to find out whats the differences before i made up my mind.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how to polish that in this picture...?i use satria and its black colour...!!i have to paint it back or...use something else..??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience