Mivec Gearbox on 4G63T

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
Hi all,

Sorry if it has alreday been discussed before..i couldnt find the thread for it when i searched..too many..
Need some guides from sifu2 in ZTH...

1.How will it be performance wise if i plunk in a Mivec non Lsd gearbox into a 4g63T?

Im not planning on going for 4wd...Got this mivec gearbox quite cheap coz a friend of mine just got
an LSD gearbox gor his mivec...

2.Will an 8.5" 4 puck exedy be enougfh to hold the gearbox? Standard 4G63T engine...
3. Mivec non Lsd Gearbox compared to 2WD locked gsr gearbox? Not really good at reading gearbox ratios :hmmmm:

rgds :adore:
CarL

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi all,

Sorry if it has alreday been discussed before..i couldnt find the thread for it when i searched..too many..
Need some guides from sifu2 in ZTH...

1.How will it be performance wise if i plunk in a Mivec non Lsd gearbox into a 4g63T?

Im not planning on going for 4wd...Got this mivec gearbox quite cheap coz a friend of mine just got
an LSD gearbox gor his mivec...

2.Will an 8.5" 4 puck exedy be enougfh to hold the gearbox? Standard 4G63T engine...
3. Mivec non Lsd Gearbox compared to 2WD locked gsr gearbox? Not really good at reading gearbox ratios :hmmmm:

rgds :adore:
CarL
1) Bad fuel consumption. Ratio is too short even for a 4G92 BOT. And now u are talking about 4G63T. Will be too short... Won't feel the boost cause the rpm goes up too fast and all the gear finish use before u achieve ur high boost.

2) IF u're gonna make ur car 230WHP, the 8.5" is definitely going to slip... Won't hold that much. Go for 9". EVO 9" clutch + flywheel only cost U ard RM400. Just need to check the condition of the clutch.

3) Like said in #1. 2WD GB is F5M, 4WD GB is W5M. MIVEC GB is too short even for a 4G92 BOT. And, in future, if u get a good deal of after market Full time LSD for EVO, can plunk in to a 4WD GB.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Have to grind/machine the mivec gearbox housing to fit 9" Flywheel n clutch plate of the 4G63 as the 4G92 is 8.5". Cannot use Mivec Flywheel as not PnP to 4G63 crank.

Listen to speed2horizon sifu.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Have to grind/machine the mivec gearbox housing to fit 9" Flywheel n clutch plate of the 4G63 as the 4G92 is 8.5". Cannot use Mivec Flywheel as not PnP to 4G63 crank.

Aikss... =.=" Since when I become sifu... U're the sifu ler...

MIVEC flywheel can Pnp, but depends on which 4G63 crank.. the 1G or 2G.. Kekeke..

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
1) Bad fuel consumption. Ratio is too short even for a 4G92 BOT. And now u are talking about 4G63T. Will be too short... Won't feel the boost cause the rpm goes up too fast and all the gear finish use before u achieve ur high boost.

2) IF u're gonna make ur car 230WHP, the 8.5" is definitely going to slip... Won't hold that much. Go for 9". EVO 9" clutch + flywheel only cost U ard RM400. Just need to check the condition of the clutch.

3) Like said in #1. 2WD GB is F5M, 4WD GB is W5M. MIVEC GB is too short even for a 4G92 BOT. And, in future, if u get a good deal of after market Full time LSD for EVO, can plunk in to a 4WD GB.
Too short izzzit?? But it wont be as bad as the gearbox im using now...from wira 1.5! hahaha..so i better start saving for a 4wd gearbox rite...:bawling:
Already Spent money on the 8.5" exedy..damn..:banghead:

Another thing...Which is better for a std 4g63? Gsr Locked or Evo Locked Gearbox?

Thanks for the advice bro..:adore:

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

What a waste..I got my evo flywheel for the 9" clutch...If i have to grind the gbx not so good lah..dunno about the reliability rite...dont want it to break while cruising at town..huhuhu..if i use those double Diagfram cover and 6 puck lining dunno it it can hold :hmmmm:

thanks bro..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Too short izzzit?? But it wont be as bad as the gearbox im using now...from wira 1.5! hahaha..so i better start saving for a 4wd gearbox rite...:bawling:

Another thing...Which is better for a std 4g63? Gsr Locked or Evo Locked Gearbox?

Mivec gear ratio is closer than wira 1.5 as FD is at 4.592.

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008

Mivec gear ratio is closer than wira 1.5 as FD is at 4.592.

So it will be worse than my old gearbox!! Im dead...:banghead:

Which is better for a std 4g63? Gsr Locked or Evo Locked Gearbox? for future plans...:hmmmm:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
u may look for Wira 2.0 Diesel gearbox.
3.85 FD should able to give u a fun for max speed. :biggrin:

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
u may look for Wira 2.0 Diesel gearbox.
3.85 FD should able to give u a fun for max speed. :biggrin:
What about o-400m/0-1k? How will the acceleration be with wira diesel gbx?
WOnder which will be quicker/better...:hmmmm:
Tried to source the diesel gbx but it was quite rare at here in KK...

So can anyone help me on choosing either gsr or evo gbx...Locked...

Thanks Boyzone :adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
What about o-400m/0-1k? How will the acceleration be with wira diesel gbx?
WOnder which will be quicker/better...:hmmmm:
Tried to source the diesel gbx but it was quite rare at here in KK...

So can anyone help me on choosing either gsr or evo gbx...Locked...

Thanks Boyzone :adore:
The best would be marriage of evo n gsr gb... lolx.

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
The best would be marriage of evo n gsr gb... lolx.
Care sharing mit me the receipie...I promise to blanja u if u come 2 KK :biggrin:...:burnout:

Which gears do they usually use from the two?? Sorry..noob here..:hmmmm:

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry Speed2Horizon,

Around how much WHP is your 4G92P BOT? Feels like a rocket only. Also you used to plugged in a Evo 3 into your car? Why change back to 4G92P BOT?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Sorry Speed2Horizon,

Around how much WHP is your 4G92P BOT? Feels like a rocket only. Also you used to plugged in a Evo 3 into your car? Why change back to 4G92P BOT?
Aiks.. sounds like u know me..? Mind intro..?

4G92 BOT has never gone on any dyno tunning nor dyno... All the while tunning OTR. Takes longer time, but result is more satisfying than a 2 hours job on the machine.

E3 is nice on straight road, drag and highways. I'd say not my cup of tea at the moment. I'd prefer circuitry set up. Satria has a very light ass... When u plunk in a heavy heart into the engine bay, it understeers. So, when taking harsh corners, ur braking before apex need to be harsh in order to transfer the mass for traction. No money for brake pads and tyre... T.T

So, for a Satria... A 220-250WHP would be just nice for a 900KGS car... Just nice for my taste. BTW, I was also hunger for the knowledge exploring more about the engine. That's how u'll learn more through the hard way.

Just my 2 cents opinion. May not be entirely true for everyone.

Of course, sometimes I still misses the Gzzz the 4G63T was giving me...

Last edited:

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Speed2Horizon,

Of course I know you, I sat on your car once, and you sold me E3 dashboard, introduce me to Alvin, help me sell my old dash, helped me on my car breakdown. I'm the guy from Segar.

How much roughly for a good low boost BOT on SOHC 4G92? I mean I'm happy with some boost, no need until block pecah and those, for reliablity.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

3 Grades of GT-R : There has been a lot of conflicting information regarding the various grades of GT-R to be sold but this time around Best Car report on actual printed advertising material sent out to Nissan dealers in advance of the preorder starting date. The advertising handbills (they’re not actually sales brochures) clearly state the 3 grades of GT-R to be sold with their associated prices and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience