Minor Modification to Engine & Exhaust

Gary Ng

Dec 18, 2005
Hi guys, I heard some drivers claimed that after they did some modifications to the air filter, cable plug and exhaust system gives better performance to the Wira 1.3GLi, is it true and worth to do so such that no side effects to the car since it's is a fuel injection type? I really need some comments
from those who has did those minor modifications.

Hope to hear from you guys and thanks...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
air filter and exhaust worth it... plug cables not so much...
no side effect lar... dont worry... consult ur mech or other sifu sifu here for optimum setup (expecially on exhaust setting) for ur car... too big or too small piping will deteriorate ur car performance instead....

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
No offence, but a 1.3l engine in a Wira-size car is not exactly what I'd call a good combination. In my opinion, the Wira is too big for a 1.3l.. that engine will do much better in a Kelisa-size car..

You are talking about performance right?

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
ya agree wif mizuchi
1.3 wira is underpower
althought u might gain some power from those exhaust n air filter but after u install a 15" rims to ur car then u may not feel the power anymore

last time b4 i change my engine i play wif my 1.3 inj engine oso
wif all the mod u mention but wif a satria body chasis
b4 i install my rims is ok la coz feel some pick up n top speed
but after i install my rims
damn...the car slow like hell

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
gsrTurbo9166 said:
ya agree wif mizuchi
1.3 wira is underpower
althought u might gain some power from those exhaust n air filter but after u install a 15" rims to ur car then u may not feel the power anymore

last time b4 i change my engine i play wif my 1.3 inj engine oso
wif all the mod u mention but wif a satria body chasis
b4 i install my rims is ok la coz feel some pick up n top speed
but after i install my rims
damn...the car slow like hell
then keep low profile ... no need install so big rims. slow ur car pickup only ..

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Hi ... bro Gary ...

I have did all this thing in my previous ride . It was wira 1.5 .

1 ) Air filter .
**** The stock air filter is covered with a air box and the hole for the air to flow into the filter is small . Change it to any brand that is affordable by you but choose a cone type . This will make your trottle body air sucction more and smooth . It will make your engine lighter when you rev up .

2 ) Exaust system .
**** Just change the stock bullet to twister type and your muffler . This will squecee the air out of yur engine smoothly . All these no need branded things . Just choose it according too your budget . Most improtant ..... DON"T EVER CHANGE THE PIPING SIZE >>> .

3 ) Spark plug cable .
**** You can change it too bigger size of cable but there will be no different if you just change the cable . If you want to change ... you have to add in a gadget ... the proper name for it , i have forgotton . It will act as a current booster to ur plug . At the same time you also need to change the plug to a higher amp .

BRO .. GarY ...

All these are just a info for you . MAybe i'm wrong , but i have done it b4 and i'm satisfied with it .
BE REMINDED !!!!!
This mod's won't increse the HP just abit improvent in the engines smoothness and pick up only .

GOOD LUCK :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2:

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
my opinion.. change engine oil regulary (every 5k not 10k) with FULLY SYN!!! change plugs every 20k.. change stock filter every 10k..
u will c the difference...

ray11

Known Member
Apr 26, 2005
Yeah correct.. 1.3 for wira is so underpower.But u still can do something to make the engine smooth when u rev up.Make sure u chg oil regularly.Gary, this is wat i'd done so far to my 1.3 satria.

1.K&N air filter
This actually will make the engine more response on high rev.
2.Fuel regulator
U can feel the power within when u rev but of course fuel consumption will be higher.
3.Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
Just the combination for the fuel reg cos after chg the fuel
reg, fuel not burning enough.
4.Voltage stabilizer & grounding cable

Last edited:

artraider

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Shah Alam
i dont think Fully Sync is suitable. Semi-Sync is good for Daily use.

currently in my car(1.5 inj.), just change the extractor and remove cat. slight better pick-up. :)
next will be drop-in air filter.

my goal: better response.

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
Bro ...Gray ,

U also may try skinning your fly wheel . It's will make your car rev more but you may lose top speed .

Gary Ng

Dec 18, 2005
Thanks guys for great comments... (Minor modification)

Thanks guys for providing me these tips and info... I do appreciate it alot...

Basically, I did certain things that mentioned by one of you guys. I change the engine oil and lubricant oil every 5000km. In other words, my car does have service constantly. However, the underpower problem only arise after five years using it... Hence, I do think that certain parts have to be modified in order to get better pickup.

Anyway, the car's performance is quite good when the gear is shifted to 3rd and 4th gear. In other words, power only comes. Hopefully my ride's pickup performance will get better after modifying such parts that recomment by you guys...

Thanks...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, this is gonna be a long post.
Recently my car had this very weird problem with my emanage. The problems happened after I got my throttle stuck. I was driving one night when the throttle just stuck at nkve highway. Stomp the gas pedal and it got fix. Then drove out of toll it happen again. To cut the story short, I stopped by the road side and fiddle with the throttle return spring and i manage to fix it enough to drive home.

The next day when I check the TB, the return spring does...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience