Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well, my car is ok so far.
firstly, i drive an automatic 92 honda civic eg8
i have no idea what engine im using.
really new to this.
plus im a student.

so 1stly is about my suspension.
when i drive over 130km/h, it gets bumpy.
can anythin solve this, or just depends on the road?

2nd, my car is naturally lowered.
probably because its 15 years old.
changed the absorbers once before.
whenever drive with passengers in the back,
always grind the undercarriage when going over speed bumps.
any way to maintain the low height but not sag when there's passengers in the back?

3rd, after driving, cant smell like burning or 'hangus'
have to change exhaust r?

thanx in advance.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
send to the mech, they will troubleshoot for u. those are common hiccups for aged car - mostly due to wear & tear. once u replace all those worn out parts....i am sure the honda civic u got there will be a great ride for u!:)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
well, my car is ok so far.
firstly, i drive an automatic 92 honda civic eg8
i have no idea what engine im using.
really new to this.
plus im a student.
just pop the hood n look at the engine code..it'll tell u what engine type. hope u didnt get the d15b twin carb variant EG8...those were damn hard to tune n maintain. no mechs wanted to touch it at all...

so 1stly is about my suspension.
when i drive over 130km/h, it gets bumpy.
can anythin solve this, or just depends on the road?
bumpy as in juddering in the steering? did tyre balancing already? checked the tyres for uneven wear?

2nd, my car is naturally lowered.
probably because its 15 years old.
changed the absorbers once before.
whenever drive with passengers in the back,
always grind the undercarriage when going over speed bumps.
any way to maintain the low height but not sag when there's passengers in the back?
EGs are a little bit like wiras in terms of the rear suspension...load up 3 adults into the backseat n the rear will sag down a lot on stock suspensions. i dunno how to overcome this other than to install those PU spring buffer but if yrs is so low until its scrapping, maybe its time to change to a new set of absorbers/springs? a new set is not that pricey...get it checked out by yr mech to confirm

3rd, after driving, cant smell like burning or 'hangus'
have to change exhaust r?
is the burning smell coming from within the car cabin? if so theres a high possibility that its the ECU burning. a lot of EGs have this problem after a certain age...go to http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...8826-diy-honda-ecu-repairs-p30-p08-p27-7.html n read up.

thanx in advance.
:biggrin:

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
is your absorber standard/sport/adjustable?
my absorber is totally standard

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

just pop the hood n look at the engine code..it'll tell u what engine type. hope u didnt get the d15b twin carb variant EG8...those were damn hard to tune n maintain. no mechs wanted to touch it at all...

bumpy as in juddering in the steering? did tyre balancing already? checked the tyres for uneven wear?

EGs are a little bit like wiras in terms of the rear suspension...load up 3 adults into the backseat n the rear will sag down a lot on stock suspensions. i dunno how to overcome this other than to install those PU spring buffer but if yrs is so low until its scrapping, maybe its time to change to a new set of absorbers/springs? a new set is not that pricey...get it checked out by yr mech to confirm

is the burning smell coming from within the car cabin? if so theres a high possibility that its the ECU burning. a lot of EGs have this problem after a certain age...go to http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...8826-diy-honda-ecu-repairs-p30-p08-p27-7.html n read up.

:biggrin:
well, my car is relatively stock. changed the absorber bout half a year ago maybe.
stock absorbers.
PU spring buffer? where can i get them?

when i say bumpy is, when its an uneven road i think. if its a clean flat road, no problem.

even stock cars have ECU eh?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

:biggrin:[/quote]

send to the mech, they will troubleshoot for u. those are common hiccups for aged car - mostly due to wear & tear. once u replace all those worn out parts....i am sure the honda civic u got there will be a great ride for u!:)
okay. will do. thnx:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On behalf on my fren,
What ECU is best to replace his old GSR 4G93T ECU - Code 5663?
Any suggestion? Offer?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience