Looking for body car painting

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just recently I came across a very interesting original Mini. But I noticed some rust spots on the undercarriage,

Fazidk - I don't suppose you do rust repair?
You going classic rather than power project?:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm not a fast track driver. I just want a car that I would enjoy driving. Mini is one of those rare FWDs that I find entertaining mah
Original mini very bumpy woh! My dad owned one and I learn my driving with it or can say first car I drove.....hhahahhahah:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
MB called it Cirrus White. It looks white with a slight yellowish tint.
I do know much on Mercedes paint, so do you know whether it is 2k paint means with clear coat? I see they have white and red and then the rest are metallic.....:rolleyes:

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
I do know much on Mercedes paint, so do you know whether it is 2k paint means with clear coat? I see they have white and red and then the rest are metallic.....:rolleyes:
Lol, on the contrary. I know nuts about paint, so I have no idea what your are talking about. Can explain in layman term or not. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lol, on the contrary. I know nuts about paint, so I have no idea what your are talking about. Can explain in layman term or not. Haha.

2k paint is with clear coat on top of the paint as in the metallic paint, but solid colors like white and red, some are 1k means solid red/white color without any clear coat on top, but some are 2k means even though white/red color but still have another layer of clear coat on top of it.....:biggrin:

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
2k paint is with clear coat on top of the paint as in the metallic paint, but solid colors like white and red, some are 1k means solid red/white color without any clear coat on top, but some are 2k means even though white/red color but still have another layer of clear coat on top of it.....:biggrin:
I believe mine is 1k paint.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I doubt it tho It's very strange a 1k paint on a merc..I've done bit of research n confirm that Cirrus White is SOLID type..

Last edited:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i was thinking the same thing.... new mercs and cheap stuff dont really go together

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, has announced the introduction of its all-new Subaru Impreza WRX STI in Japan. The new WRX STI went on sale nationwide through Subaru dealerships today.

Advancing FHI's theme of producing the complete driver's car and embodying the essence of total driving control, the third-generation Impreza WRX STI has debuted with complete...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience