Looking for body car painting

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if can, trims, badges, rubber, cover, even windscreen need to be removed for the whole car respray....baru cantek...

Is it true, bro fazidk?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if can, trims, badges, rubber, cover, even windscreen need to be removed for the whole car respray....baru cantek...

Is it true, bro fazidk?
Most are removed. Nowadays windscreen would not be removed. Putting back is a problem, may leak also. Car too old difficult to take out. Gum dried, rubber brittle.....lol:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, old car might have problem sourcing for new screen rubber seal.....

However, since repainting job is underway (or rust repair work together).....might as well tear up this area to see if any rust hiding under the screen rubber seal. Surprise....surprise.....

You've got Rust....

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Well u can request for d screen to be removed of coz additional costs apply..badges,rubber trimmings,head/rear lights etc are usually removed..

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Removing d screen usually applies to old cars to check for rust but yeah removing them will be a b***h hehe n finding a replacement (if crack) would be very difficult...so I wld say 8 out of 10 x request it to be removed..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, it is up to the car owner preference to remove or not removing the windshield. Dare to take the risk or not....hahahaha

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Sounds scary to dismantle almost everything for a re-spray, especially for a new car.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
For new cars for both front n rear windscreen x remove...in fact because of d additional costs most old car owners oso x wanna remove unless of coz got rust..in short it's up to d owner..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
true what bro Fazidk said. Old cars tend to have rust bubbles at the lower corners of the the windscreen. There is where water collect and rust starts.

New cars shouldn't be worrying about rust at these area....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
eerk.... rust under the windscreen.... any way of somehow spraying these areas without actually removing the screen?.... the no 1 thing i want to fight off is rust.... if there's rust i want to kill it if there's no rust, i dont want it to come!

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
eerk.... rust under the windscreen.... any way of somehow spraying these areas without actually removing the screen?.... the no 1 thing i want to fight off is rust.... if there's rust i want to kill it if there's no rust, i dont want it to come!
If u willing to spend then of coz..strip it bare inside out like how d Americans do it..but remember bro they mostly do it in house meaning they have d expertise n d equipments to do it themselves...here x such thing everything has to be sub..so get ready for d cost to go sky high

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro, I don't think your car is that old until rust formed the the windscreen corner area.
The cars that are common to such problems are old japanese tin.....like KE70, KE30, etc. the metal of these cars were inferior....When they rust, its like crispy keropok....

New cars these days are made better. At least the paint is better quality than those in 1980s...so better protection.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The only place I could find rust on my VR was at the windscreen. I DIY took out the metal cover, scratch out the rust, sand down with sandpaper then filled it with epoxy steel. After dry, clip the metal cover back. Did not remove the glass of course.....lol:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro vr2turbo should make a mini tutorial how to DIY minor rust treatment for a car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day all,

My car got out about 3 weeks ago, made some changes on it.

Well, now my boost reading is zero(0) when idling, when throttle a little, it goes down....then if boost it goes up a little...

what is going on???

Also would like to know if there's any difference on NA and Turbo throttle body.

The boost meter is in working condition as i tested with few other units of meter, and it's showing the same sign.

Even if i hose it straight from the throttle body hose, still...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience