Looking for body car painting

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Well some cars are 'easier' to treat then some...just need to know how n where n a bit of elbow 'grease' (elbow sweat actually)...

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Why your new car already want to respray?......lol:biggrin:
I wanted to get red color initially, but red color need to wait for 6 to 8 months to built. I didn't want to wait. Was considering wrapping also, but still hesitating because need to dismantle also.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro vr2turbo should make a mini tutorial how to DIY minor rust treatment for a car.
Rust go many issues one. For the windscreen I suspect is from outside, so sanding it down and protecting it from outside should last a while. However like door panel and joints, those rust are from inside and when the bubble of rust pops out, sanding that down and painting over it will last a short while only as the rust is coming from inside.....:rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I wanted to get red color initially, but red color need to wait for 6 to 8 months to built. I didn't want to wait. Was considering wrapping also, but still hesitating because need to dismantle also.

Oh! in that case since your car is so new, I suggest you find one that have oven facilities to dry the paint.....:smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Oven baked is definitely better so that the paint sets correctly.
Plus, the environment in the paint booth is cleaner for paint job....unlike some cheapo ones that do it openly at the shop front where dust might stick to the wet paint.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
D main culprit for painters are d dust...oven or even a proper spray booth is good enuff...d only difference between d 2 is again d cost factor...an oven can cost about 30k new (used I've seen selling at 18k)..a proper designed n built spray booth does d job for a fraction of d cost...as long as d vacuum n fan is put up properly to suck out n minimize d dust then half ur work is done...d rest nothing a good polish n wax x do..

pakram

Known Member
May 11, 2009
bro fazidk,

I need to repair/touch up my door panel with some knocking. How can I contact u? :call:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oven baked is definitely better so that the paint sets correctly.
Plus, the environment in the paint booth is cleaner for paint job....unlike some cheapo ones that do it openly at the shop front where dust might stick to the wet paint.
So far for full respray they usually do in the boot. Doing at shop front usually are touch up or respray small portion like fender etc....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Phew, brand new shinny white AMG already want to change color?? :confused: I strongly suggest you not to do it bro, this is Mercedes after all, not cheap Myvi or Proton. I can almost guarantee you after repaint it will not be as nice as original, especially if you don't want to dismantle stuff. Later when resale, your car price will not be as good as it should be if still original color.

Wrapping is surely the better option if you really2 want change color, at least the original color is still preserved nicely so can return it back like new again if one day you're bored with the red. The dismantling will not be as extensive as repainting requirement, so still relatively less risky.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just recently I came across a very interesting original Mini. But I noticed some rust spots on the undercarriage,

Fazidk - I don't suppose you do rust repair?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Just recently I came across a very interesting original Mini. But I noticed some rust spots on the undercarriage,

Fazidk - I don't suppose you do rust repair?
Rust work on floor?Yup:biggrin:..so ur planning to get it ke??

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Tempted. But rust sounds expensive to fix. Anyway, I'll ping you when when I make a decision.
Well it depends on how bad d rust n amount of work required..yeah ok sure x worries:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Back when it first made an appearance, the Targa variant of the Porsche 911 had a removable fabric roof panel and a folding rear window to keep it that much more unique.

Back to the present though...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience