Knocking sound when reverse gear

ajis

Aug 21, 2008
kulim
Hi sifu2 n frens,

Im driving 2010 Vios E spec and my problem is bout some knocking sound :confused: .Sometimes when im moving my gear from D@N to R position and when the gear is lock there will be 1 'knock' sound from front of the car :mad: . I try to search for it and i think it is from front driver side brake area :hmmmm: I did try to press hard the brake cause i thought the sound might be sound from the slip pad with the disk but it still happen. Can someone please let me know what it is?:adore: TQ :wavey:

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro,go and get ur suspensions checked. or remove your backseats and see whats happening there.
this is a quite common problem with vios. that sound which comes specially when u go into reverse gear .
my friend had this problem.

ajis

Aug 21, 2008
kulim
Bro,go and get ur suspensions checked. or remove your backseats and see whats happening there.
this is a quite common problem with vios. that sound which comes specially when u go into reverse gear .
thanks bro...i'll check it out...:itsme:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What was your friend's problem, maybe can pin point the problem instead....

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
he had 2 problem.
some parts from the rear seat area was loose.so when they took it out.fixed back everything . the sound went off.
the shop tightened the screw from the rear absorbers.i dont know which one to be precise. but this was the only info i got from my friend.
i only was there forawhile when they were trying to diagnose the problem .

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
he had 2 problem.
some parts from the rear seat area was loose.so when they took it out.fixed back everything . the sound went off.
the shop tightened the screw from the rear absorbers.i dont know which one to be precise. but this was the only info i got from my friend.
i only was there forawhile when they were trying to diagnose the problem .
Thanks, rear absorber probably from the top near the rear seats. TS can do both at the same time....:biggrin:

ajis

Aug 21, 2008
kulim
thanks guys...i'll check the rear top absorber nut too...:itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,

I really need some advice on what to do here. I'm currently driving a 1.5 Wira 2001, currently has done 86,000km. Problem is that the engine seems to be consuming engine oil. My last service is only like 3,500km and the level from the dip stick has shown a drop of half level i.e. Original=3/4 of dip stick; Now = 1/4 of Dip Stick. My exhaust doesn't show any smoke to indicate oil consumption even if the engine was revved at stationary (funny though).

My mechanic told me to do a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience