Evo 8 MR, Front Suspension Knocking Sound!!!

[email protected]

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
Hi All ZTHians,

I've just recently started to notice a knocking sound coming from the front left suspension in my Evo 8 MR. It only happens when im going over bumps quickly, when i go over speed bumps slowly there is no knocking. The knocking was very minor at first but i can tell it is starting to get worse. I have had a look at the suspension mounts and the suspension itself but there seems to be no signs of any damage. Could it be the bushes that need replacing, would this cause the knocking sound? and is there any way i can check for this.

Thanks All, any help appreciated.

[email protected]

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
could it be the engine mounting? does your car vibrate during idling?
No more than usual, the engine always been quite "burbly" when idling... Any other signs that it could be the engine mount?

[email protected]

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
perhaps your absorber has soften up...
By this do you mean that when i go over bumps the absorber is being fully compressed and the knocking is it hitting its travel limit?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
or could be your lower arm bushing..pls check..

:adore:

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
By this do you mean that when i go over bumps the absorber is being fully compressed and the knocking is it hitting its travel limit?
the rod collar might been leaking air bro....so, there's no air to be compressed in the absorber, it is an early sign of leakage, over time, oil leaks out too...it was my experience,i changed both lower arms and the prob still persist, changed to new sets of coilover and the problem gone!!

[email protected]

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
the rod collar might been leaking air bro....so, there's no air to be compressed in the absorber, it is an early sign of leakage, over time, oil leaks out too...it was my experience,i changed both lower arms and the prob still persist, changed to new sets of coilover and the problem gone!!
Alright thanks man, it seems like that could be the issue then, I did notice what looked like a bit oil on the absorber but its quite dirty under there so it might not be... the only other thing i can think is that something around the suspension underneath has broken, i did hit a bump quite hard in the dark and kinda took off and landed quite hard so i think that could be what caused it. Anyway the car is in the shop now so fingers crossed its not an expensive fix. :adore:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
i use to face this issue couple of weeks back. changed the absorber mounting works good for me.
the absorber mounting KO already, thats y got movement which makes the knocking sound. absorber mounting should not move at all (the inner part and the outer metal part)

i end up changing whole adjustable set for my car only realize got absorber mounting KO already..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heyya Sifus...im looking for a Custom Paint Rim painting service around the Klang Valley...any recommendations?
Im planning to paint the rims like the copper color in the attachment photo or similar color, but failed in the past 6 months!! i even printed and showed the photo to Auto Painters.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience