Is local made 4 pot or 6 pot safe to use & reliable?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

Just wondering the local made 4 pot & 6 pot disc set is reliable & safe to use for EG? Anyone use below brands before & any comment?

1. D&D (Drag & Drift)
2. ISC (Infinity Safety Capacity) - Heard it's Australia product. Is it true?
3. VTTR

Last edited:

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
Yea VTTR is taiwan made...

sorry but my personal choice would be a brake set with easy purchasable brake pads...imagine buying VTTR and several months down the road they ditched the brand, where will you get the pads? or even spare parts?

Maybe its better for you to opt for spoon...or even consider of getting bigger brake sets for skyline r32/33....i'm just saying...i will choose to opt for practicality la..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i think u should ask urself first, do u require such massive brakes? if lets say u are dirinv ek/eg/dc, a simple h22a disc + calipers would be very much overkill already.

also, i second what djgerm stated. who knows for how long these local company's will be around, and brake pads would very much be a problem then.

just to share, i had a friend upgraded his oem brakes to the s15 4pot brake. the results - he's unhappy.. haha. doesn't feel like much upgrade.

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
i think u should ask urself first, do u require such massive brakes? if lets say u are dirinv ek/eg/dc, a simple h22a disc + calipers would be very much overkill already.

also, i second what djgerm stated. who knows for how long these local company's will be around, and brake pads would very much be a problem then.

just to share, i had a friend upgraded his oem brakes to the s15 4pot brake. the results - he's unhappy.. haha. doesn't feel like much upgrade.
What if use for SIC track? H22A brake upgrade is more than enough?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
even lotsa track cars(EGs & EKs) r running on d H22A BB Prelude brake swaps......they r similiar in size w EK9 n uses d exact same brake pads........cheap n parts easily available....

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
even lotsa track cars(EGs & EKs) r running on d H22A BB Prelude brake swaps......they r similiar in size w EK9 n uses d exact same brake pads........cheap n parts easily available....
Thanks for the info bro Akuma. So I will go for BB Prelude disc brake & caliper. By the way, can anyone share some info when they upgrade their disc to BB prelude?

1. Is it when at half-cut shop, we ask for imported model BB Prelude H22A twin port disc which is 282mm diameter? I assume there is alot of models for BB Prelude. Correct me if I am wrong.

2. How much is it for front 1 pair for H22A BB prelude disc brake & caliper?

3. How much is the workmanship to modify & install into it?

4. Lastly how many days it takes to finish the job?

Hope all bros that haven gone through this process can share out the above info. Thanks in advanced...:biggrin:

newuy

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
i performed this change in brake caliper+rotor, and its not too difficult.
the caliper/rotor is good (i did SIC for about 40-50 laps in 4 hours track day) no problem at all.
just need good brake pads like ferodo racing,Endless,Wedsport revspec, etc...those 500'C brake pads....

i can recommend a fren of mine who is operating now in PJ. he has reputation for Hondas
Eric, formerly of Avantgarde, now has his own Eric Racing in PJ, SS23/12..near pantai seafood.
his number is 017-3341223.
he can help source for the caliper,etc...
before that, maybe can drop by his workshop to visit him...and have a chat...

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
i performed this change in brake caliper+rotor, and its not too difficult.
the caliper/rotor is good (i did SIC for about 40-50 laps in 4 hours track day) no problem at all.
just need good brake pads like ferodo racing,Endless,Wedsport revspec, etc...those 500'C brake pads....

i can recommend a fren of mine who is operating now in PJ. he has reputation for Hondas
Eric, formerly of Avantgarde, now has his own Eric Racing in PJ, SS23/12..near pantai seafood.
his number is 017-3341223.
he can help source for the caliper,etc...
before that, maybe can drop by his workshop to visit him...and have a chat...
Thanks for the recommendation. Can the work finish in 1 day? as I am not from KL. And roughly total cost for stuffs & workmanship roughly how much?

newuy

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
it depends...where u located?
i had a DC2 96-spec transplated in my EG..so my wheels are running 4x114.3....
i got the prelude BB4 which is also 4x114.3 if not mistaken...282mm rotor(like EK9 which is 5x114.3)
the calipers are using EK9 size brake pads...and its plug and play..reuse the prelude bracket for the caliper...reuse the brake hoses in my car even.
however, if your knuckle is now 4x100..u might need to get prelude 4x114.3 rotor and make 4x100 holes... or other rotor which is 282mm and 4x100 PCD.
hope it helps.

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
it depends...where u located?
i had a DC2 96-spec transplated in my EG..so my wheels are running 4x114.3....
i got the prelude BB4 which is also 4x114.3 if not mistaken...282mm rotor(like EK9 which is 5x114.3)
the calipers are using EK9 size brake pads...and its plug and play..reuse the prelude bracket for the caliper...reuse the brake hoses in my car even.
however, if your knuckle is now 4x100..u might need to get prelude 4x114.3 rotor and make 4x100 holes... or other rotor which is 282mm and 4x100 PCD.
hope it helps.
Yup. Now mine is 4x100 PCD. Will look for Prelude 282mm rotor & convert it. By the way, the Prelude 282mm rotor is twin port or single port?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Use big brakes with shitty pads = shitty brakes. IMO.

Most people tend to go with big brakes, but when the time comes to use good pads, they go for cheap ones.. I once used cheap pads, and I killed two of my EK rotors using those bendix pads... the pads harder than my discs LOL.. Not much of a choice since when I realized the endless pads I used almost finish (have to manually check, they don't have the wear limit indicator), and I had to use whatever the shop stocks.. I said EK9 brakes, he gave me SR3 ones because he saw my car is SR3.. LOL. then of course cannot fit.

Whatever you put onto brakes, such as braided lines, bigger master cyclinder, no point if RM50 pads are the choice at the end of the day.. The pads are what makes or break a braking system.. They are the ones that do the ACTUAL BRAKING.

So far used Endless and EBC yellows. EBCs are more expensive tho, but brake dust is minimal.
Endless, the newer one seems to have less dust.. the older one too bad to mention.. (>_>)
Still on the EK9 caliper and rotor setup.. Spoon nice, but I'd rather spend that money somewhere else.
Maybe when I finish modding the car lol.. Engine complete, nothing much to do except drive.. though that chasebays RM2.6K mil spec harness is starting to look attractive.

Last edited:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Very true..upgrading shud b abt a whole package whnever possible.....
i did a mistake by using EBC Yellow on my BREMBO MAX rotors.....
never realised those BREMBOs r NOT meant 2 operate @ d heat range d EBC Yellows r rated for.....
now dat i've killed 2 sets of BREMBO MAX,my EBC Yellow still has more thn 50% left.....
it'll b a waste if i were 2 upgrade 2 BB Prelude brake system now....haih.......
i wonder wat's d heat range 4 BB Prelude rotors?n how much wud EBC Yellow cost 4 EK9 sets?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It has been a long and arduous process for McLaren to get their MP4-12C supercar into production but that time has finally arrived and while Chassis 01 isn’t quite 100 per cent, it’s done up enough for the team’s Formula One drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button to put it through its paces.

McLaren plan to build another 999 of the MP4-12C for this year. Power comes from a twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V8...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience