idling drop when temp raised to half

ae101svt

Apr 28, 2005
my silvertop's idling drop to around 500rpm whenever the water temp reach half... wonder how to adjust??? :confused:

EFN

Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
ae101svt said:
my silvertop's idling drop to around 500rpm whenever the water temp reach half... wonder how to adjust??? :confused:
You kenot adjust, four throttle are not like normal single throttle, and this is quite normal for 20V Silvertop. Idling Valve dirty that's why and most probably vacuum passage blocked too - u need Throttle Body cleaning. I charge RM80 for the service. plz gimme a call if interested

speedcrave

Feb 20, 2004
ae101svt,

i recommend you to engaged efn's service....he just did mine but its a 4agze single throttle but he really clean it up to satisfaction.......

levin818

Nov 29, 2003
My regular mech at Puchong quote me RM280 with satisfaction guarantee for only cleaning the ITB...
And yes after cleaned up those stuffs, u will cure the 500rpm problem.

ae101svt

Apr 28, 2005
After cleaning the throttle body the idling problem solved - thanks EFN... but another problem occured… when I push my car to high speed with high RPM for a certain period the Engine Check Light will goes ON but the car’s performance still maintain very stable. Once I switched off the engine and restart engine again the Engine Check Light gone…wonder why this will happen…really need some inputs here. Tq.

EFN

Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
ae101svt said:
After cleaning the throttle body the idling problem solved - thanks EFN... but another problem occured… when I push my car to high speed with high RPM for a certain period the Engine Check Light will goes ON but the car’s performance still maintain very stable. Once I switched off the engine and restart engine again the Engine Check Light gone…wonder why this will happen…really need some inputs here. Tq.
Sometimes, Knock Sensor will cause Check Light to appear while driving. It could be TPS or Speed Sensor too. But to be sure when the Check Light appears again. Immediately stop and do a Diagnosis by connecting TE1 and E1 Terminals at the Diagnostic Box, put the switch to Ignition Mode (Don;t start the engine yet) and see if the Check Lights blink in uneven pattern - If no problem it will blink continously at 1 sec interval. If got some problem it will blink in specific pattern and to know what code just count how many time it blinks repeatedly before pausing. Once you have the code we will know what to check.

suma_

Jun 3, 2005
DU
Engine Check ON

Yup, aggree with EFN.
Last time I ran my car with Engine Check ON & the result - my ECU Capacitor burn. Reason: my speed sensor fault. I should stop and do diagnose and do immediate repair but keep running. Then the car cannot run.

TQ to sifu Wong to replace the ECU and I replaced the sensor.

ae101svt

Apr 28, 2005
Thanks all sifoos' input... if the Check Light appears again then i will do accordingly...

WrX7

Jan 17, 2005
no need lar...just scrap the car lor.....hehehe

ae101svt

Apr 28, 2005
yalor may be la... thinking of upgrade to wrX impreZa ...just like urs one .... can't wait to see ur nEw 'blue color impreza wif brandnew carBon fiBre bonnEt'...Walauyer... :eek:

hello all. i would like to ask can the evo 4, 5 or 6 engine be transplant into the inspira aka lancer gt??? can this be done? anybody knows???? thanks