idling drop when temp raised to half

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
my silvertop's idling drop to around 500rpm whenever the water temp reach half... wonder how to adjust??? :confused:

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
ae101svt said:
my silvertop's idling drop to around 500rpm whenever the water temp reach half... wonder how to adjust??? :confused:
You kenot adjust, four throttle are not like normal single throttle, and this is quite normal for 20V Silvertop. Idling Valve dirty that's why and most probably vacuum passage blocked too - u need Throttle Body cleaning. I charge RM80 for the service. plz gimme a call if interested

speedcrave

Known Member
Feb 20, 2004
Klang
ae101svt,

i recommend you to engaged efn's service....he just did mine but its a 4agze single throttle but he really clean it up to satisfaction.......

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
My regular mech at Puchong quote me RM280 with satisfaction guarantee for only cleaning the ITB...
And yes after cleaned up those stuffs, u will cure the 500rpm problem.

Last edited:

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
After cleaning the throttle body the idling problem solved - thanks EFN... but another problem occured… when I push my car to high speed with high RPM for a certain period the Engine Check Light will goes ON but the car’s performance still maintain very stable. Once I switched off the engine and restart engine again the Engine Check Light gone…wonder why this will happen…really need some inputs here. Tq.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
ae101svt said:
After cleaning the throttle body the idling problem solved - thanks EFN... but another problem occured… when I push my car to high speed with high RPM for a certain period the Engine Check Light will goes ON but the car’s performance still maintain very stable. Once I switched off the engine and restart engine again the Engine Check Light gone…wonder why this will happen…really need some inputs here. Tq.
Sometimes, Knock Sensor will cause Check Light to appear while driving. It could be TPS or Speed Sensor too. But to be sure when the Check Light appears again. Immediately stop and do a Diagnosis by connecting TE1 and E1 Terminals at the Diagnostic Box, put the switch to Ignition Mode (Don;t start the engine yet) and see if the Check Lights blink in uneven pattern - If no problem it will blink continously at 1 sec interval. If got some problem it will blink in specific pattern and to know what code just count how many time it blinks repeatedly before pausing. Once you have the code we will know what to check.

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
Engine Check ON

Yup, aggree with EFN.
Last time I ran my car with Engine Check ON & the result - my ECU Capacitor burn. Reason: my speed sensor fault. I should stop and do diagnose and do immediate repair but keep running. Then the car cannot run.

TQ to sifu Wong to replace the ECU and I replaced the sensor.

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
Thanks all sifoos' input... if the Check Light appears again then i will do accordingly...

WrX7

Known Member
Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
no need lar...just scrap the car lor.....hehehe

ae101svt

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
KL
yalor may be la... thinking of upgrade to wrX impreZa ...just like urs one .... can't wait to see ur nEw 'blue color impreza wif brandnew carBon fiBre bonnEt'...Walauyer... :eek:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all. i would like to ask can the evo 4, 5 or 6 engine be transplant into the inspira aka lancer gt??? can this be done? anybody knows???? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience