how to upgrade B8 brake system

fresh.com

Known Member
Aug 7, 2004
N9
Visit site
i'm using ford laser s with B8t... is there any other breaking system that i can change....but i dont want to change from 4 lug to 5 lug cause need to change rims to...sifus all aroung pls need advise here...thank you..

Last edited:

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Basically you can opt for better disc with crossed drilled and ventilated passages... National has them and so do RunStop... I paid RM 420 for the front pair... Also opt for steel braided hoses and a good set of pads...

There arent many other options unless youre willing to fork uot a large amount of money and install either aftermarket brakes or those form a RX7 FC or VR4 twin pot...

But remember if you opt for bigger brakes you might just screw up the brake bias...

CHEERS

Phr3ak

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
go for FC calipers! damn sweet!

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Changing to bigger brakes usually means that you'll most probably end up changing your rims too cause of the calipers jutting out too much...

There is a fair bit of engineering work to be done to fit the FC front brakes...

Plus there's always the brake bias... too much biased towards the front will cause you to lock-up your front on high speed...

My bet is to upgrade to better disc and pads...

CHEERS

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
Ditto what Khorne said...
upgrade ur discs, pads and hoses. Don't forget fluids.

I'm doing R&D on a caliper upgrade for BG cars right now. This should allow us to keep using the standard discs, as well as 15 inch rims. FYI most ppl who use the FC/FD calipers need a spacer and 17 inch rims.

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
fresh.com

Best I've seen with the FC calipers are 16" rims with 1" spacers...
That was on a race car...
Hard to fit 4 pot brakes ontu our hub's without proper engineering work done...

Or better still wait for Battousai to complete his project then get him to make you a set... It's a work of art once it's done...

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
is it necessary to fit in a bigger brake pump (bigger servo, twin diaphram..etc) when using 4-pot calipers ?

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Would be better if you could just change the whole braking system front, rear, master pump and servo all at once...

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
Khorne said:
Basically you can opt for better disc with crossed drilled and ventilated passages... National has them and so do RunStop... I paid RM 420 for the front pair... Also opt for steel braided hoses and a good set of pads...

There arent many other options unless youre willing to fork uot a large amount of money and install either aftermarket brakes or those form a RX7 FC or VR4 twin pot...

But remember if you opt for bigger brakes you might just screw up the brake bias...

CHEERS
yo there did you get the nasional disc for such a guud price?

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
I didn't get the National disc...
I got Runstop...

Dun think they have it for your car bro...
But you can call SkyZone...

CHEERS

Infinity Carquest

Known Member
Feb 7, 2006
very simple dude..
get a pair of bigger disc brake like b8t 210 one which is 5 lug and drill hole... to 4 lug pcs 114.3
dont say nuts...-this is the best option...
no need change stupid fc caliper since you have this alternative...
this option is cheaper and reliable..
got frens done it before..
so what the heck...
try it...

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Ford Laser S, Why not go for the B8 180 calipers with VR4 single pot disc...
Been hearing alot of good reviews about it from people who has done it...
Check out the B6B8 website for more info...

CHEERS

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
fresh.com said:
i'm using ford laser s with B8t... is there any other breaking system that i can change....but i dont want to change from 4 lug to 5 lug cause need to change rims to...sifus all aroung pls need advise here...thank you..
hi dude,

why need to worry so much. just upgrade to Evo(twin port) caliper. call my mechanic he done it for B8T already mah. 019-2221011(kolo chong)

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
Khorne said:
I didn't get the National disc...
I got Runstop...

Dun think they have it for your car bro...
But you can call SkyZone...

CHEERS
dont know where skyzone is more info would be great for cheaper alternative.

fresh.com

Known Member
Aug 7, 2004
N9
Visit site
wow...thanks alot ...for the info....is it posible to fit in a twin pot vr4 disc and calipers?? just wondering...

fresh.com

Known Member
Aug 7, 2004
N9
Visit site
Khorne said:
Ford Laser S, Why not go for the B8 180 calipers with VR4 single pot disc...
Been hearing alot of good reviews about it from people who has done it...
Check out the B6B8 website for more info...

CHEERS
bro do u mean that get a vr4 single pot disc only...and compile it with our b8 180 calipers..???

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
fresh.com said:
bro do u mean that get a vr4 single pot disc only...and compile it with our b8 180 calipers..???
EXACTLY that... You understood what I wrote, but then you still ask??? :Not_Impressed:
Be a good boy and check out the other forums for more info... Like mentioned earlier B6B8, fordlaser.com... Don't be shy, behind your nick youre just like anybody else... Do a search it's been discussed many times over... Research is your best friend :)

CHEERS and good luck...

ataro_gozambo

Known Member
Jan 6, 2005
Just asking, I would like to have 5lugs disk brake on my BG, I know that 323F V6 brake can put into BG PnP w/o any mod, for the 210 disk we only can use the rear as for the front we have to mod it... how about 626 front disk brake? Can we put it PnP w/o any mod like V6 brake?

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
I don't see what's the big deal about having 5-lug wheels. It doesn't make you faster. And the 5-lug hubs are bigger and heavier. Lightweight is the way to go.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi..
Help needed...
I have just lost my car spare key (with remote) after my car window broken... What can I do now to prevent my car from stolen ? Do I need to install a new alarm system ? Is the car existing alarm can be reset?
Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience