Upgrade Honda brake kit or Use back current set-up

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi guys,

Need your sincere advice and recommendation here. I'm driving myvi, I have upgraded my disk rotor to slotted rotor and change a new brake pad (bendix General CT) after my original rotor wrapped. I feels not confident enough while having a emergency braking situation on my current brake set.

1. Should I upgrade to honda eg 11" brake kit? (I afraid there are unseen issues after i upgraded to honda brake kit. Such as annoying sound due to poor customize bracket or half cut condition.)

2. Should I upgrade to stainless steel braided brake hose and change better brake pad?

Appreciate your advice and recommendation.

jun_ng_1208

Known Member

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Hi guys,

Need your sincere advice and recommendation here. I'm driving myvi, I have upgraded my disk rotor to slotted rotor and change a new brake pad (bendix General CT) after my original rotor wrapped. I feels not confident enough while having a emergency braking situation on my current brake set.

1. Should I upgrade to honda eg 11" brake kit? (I afraid there are unseen issues after i upgraded to honda brake kit. Such as annoying sound due to poor customize bracket or half cut condition.)

2. Should I upgrade to stainless steel braided brake hose and change better brake pad?

Appreciate your advice and recommendation.
Hi jerry,

I've been a user of Honda brakes for the passed 2 yrs+ so far no issues at all. As for the brackets , its always better if you could make it thicker because those on the market that I saw was always the thin type :(

For the steel braided brake hose thingy, if your current brake hose is >2 yrs old then you may go ahead but if its less than that, you can consider changing it in the future as yours are still quite new :)

Hope it helps mate :D

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi jerry,

I've been a user of Honda brakes for the passed 2 yrs+ so far no issues at all. As for the brackets , its always better if you could make it thicker because those on the market that I saw was always the thin type :(

For the steel braided brake hose thingy, if your current brake hose is >2 yrs old then you may go ahead but if its less than that, you can consider changing it in the future as yours are still quite new :)

Hope it helps mate :D

Hi Jun,

Thank for your advice, My ride is more than 3years old. Ok, But like hardly to get those thick bracket and the price is quite expensive (around Rm700-800) nowadays.

radhie

500 RPM

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Hey there, im on honda brakes,its from prelude bb4..been used it almost a year..so far no problem,satisfied with the brake.got it at klang including installation rm480..rm700++ its kinda pricey..u can search at muday.my..saw few of them selling rm500++..selangor area..where u from?not to forget,the bb4 rotors diameter is 282mm if im not mistaken..minimum rim size is 15 inch,depends on offset of the rim..

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hey there, im on honda brakes,its from prelude bb4..been used it almost a year..so far no problem,satisfied with the brake.got it at klang including installation rm480..rm700++ its kinda pricey..u can search at muday.my..saw few of them selling rm500++..selangor area..where u from?not to forget,the bb4 rotors diameter is 282mm if im not mistaken..minimum rim size is 15 inch,depends on offset of the rim..
Hi radhie,
Ya, I'm from S'ban. Go to selangor is near to me. Yes, i also feel RM700+ is abit overprice. I using 15" RIM now. It is not an issue to me for upgrading honda brake kit. Btw, prelude brake pad abit hard to search right?

radhie

500 RPM

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Last edited:

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
If im not mistaken,the prelude bb4 shares the same brake pad with civic ek9 and integra dc2..i already asked a few spape part shops,the cheapest is rm60++, fbk brand,malaysian made..if genuine honda brake pad it will cost more than rm150..

Saw this ad at mudah..
DIS BRAKE DEPAN 11inch FOR MYVI KELISA KENARI VIVA - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my
Hi,

Ic, but really scare get those honda brake kit which the condition is not fine and causes some problem after installed it. And i'm not the expert and don know how to check the brake kit whether is in a fine condition. Btw, thank you for the information u provided.

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Hi,

Ic, but really scare get those honda brake kit which the condition is not fine and causes some problem after installed it. And i'm not the expert and don know how to check the brake kit whether is in a fine condition. Btw, thank you for the information u provided.
thats a risk u have to take with used parts... with ANY used parts..

if u not willing to take the risk then either use ur current ones or fork out the money to buy brand new kit.

most shops will ensure theres no issues with the brakes after installation... if there is, u can always go back to them n complain n they should get it done properly.

n FYI... the BB4 brakes does NOT fit all 15"... RPF1 for example wont clear it. and other rims require a minimum advisable offset of 40.

radhie

500 RPM

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Like bro madman said,u have to take the risk..any problem u can refer back to the shop and ask them to fix it..

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Ya, will need to take long time to make consideration on my brake. I might use back original 1 first and change to better pad first, because i'm not an aggressive driver. Ya, my RIM is +42offset. Should be not problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari’s 4.5L dry-sump, 90-degree, naturally-aspirated V8 engine managed to win the Best Performance Engine for the second year running during the prestigious International Engine of the Year Awards.

A panel of motoring journalists from 35 countries inspected and judged the shortlisted engines that made it into the final selection using their driving impressions and technical...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience