How rare you use re-threaded tyre?

May 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Yesterday my friend drive me to Cameron and the tyre punctured before even go up to the hill! luckily he has the spare tyre but what shock me is he said it did punctured few times already . I wonder why he is using re-threaded tyre but not using new tyre..so weird! anyway have you guys been using re-threaded tyre?

ValkyrieFX

Mar 14, 2013
Johor
i used it once few years back when i had to wait for my new ordered tyre.

it was uncomfortable , humming , no grip at all... my car vibrates when going above 60kmh.

Personally , dont ever (EVER) use rethreaded tyre , it doesnt worth your safety for the sake of saving your money.

birthsunny

May 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i used it once few years back when i had to wait for my new ordered tyre.

it was uncomfortable , humming , no grip at all... my car vibrates when going above 60kmh.

Personally , dont ever (EVER) use rethreaded tyre , it doesnt worth your safety for the sake of saving your money.
exactly! thats so dangerous and in practical...Yes i scolded my friend !

May 13, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i will never got myself a re-threaded tyre for sure. i have got many stories about it. and some dearest almost gone to heaven by the accident cause of the re-threaded tyre...

like what valkyrieFX said.. "it was uncomfortable , humming , no grip at all..." exactly!!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yesterday my friend drive me to Cameron and the tyre punctured before even go up to the hill! luckily he has the spare tyre but what shock me is he said it did punctured few times already . I wonder why he is using re-threaded tyre but not using new tyre..so weird! anyway have you guys been using re-threaded tyre?
Still have re-thread tyres or he having very old ones? Re-thread tyres for passenger cars rarely see nowadays as new tyres price are much closer to their price now. Re-thread means using the old tyre shell and fitting new layer of thread on top but shaving the old one off and adding a layer on top. The rubber compound is unlike the new tyres so there is not much grip. The old shell may have passed it's life and reusing it is dangerous also....

My wife's uncle years ago was using, then I commented to him not to use as it is dangerous. He just say he drive in town only, he don't drive fast and so on etc. etc.
One month later we visited him again and was surprised he changed his tyres to new ones. I then ask him about the tyres, and he mentioned one of them burst, so to be safe he change all to new ones....hahahaha:biggrin:

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
har that dangerous ??? im using re-threaded one.. may be becuz im poor. so far im using for 1 year, noting happen la..
What size u using bro? There are many cheap tyres selling around that is way more safer than your rethreaded ones. Even 2nd hand tyres still better.

I have heard of lorry rethreaded tyres but not for our cars wey.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
last time my brother use dis re-threaded one until one day, boomm!! tyre explode & car oso total loss..lucky my brother broke his hand only..really sayang la d car, ae70.:bawling:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Like SC said, there are many affordable tyres in the market.
If you know you're on a tighter budget, do not go big with your rims.
Big rims = Big money for tyre.
Re-threaded tyres should be banned. It's unethical and not safety.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What size u using bro? There are many cheap tyres selling around that is way more safer than your rethreaded ones. Even 2nd hand tyres still better.

I have heard of lorry rethreaded tyres but not for our cars wey.
Yup, 2nd hand is way much better. At least they are newer. Re-thread casing can be very old already....

Lorry tyres can be re-threaded because the casing is at least 8 plies upwards meaning the casing is way much tougher. Car tyres only 2 plies, some one only...:smokin:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
"So far nothing happen" can't be a reason to remain using. The others might not be lucky as you. This is a public forum, beter off suggesting everyone not doing that.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"So far nothing happen" can't be a reason to remain using. The others might not be lucky as you. This is a public forum, beter off suggesting everyone not doing that.
Well, Some need some thing to happen before they see the picture like my wife's uncle also....:smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
with so many cheap option of new tyre....i never use re-threaded tyre in my life...

except my dad use it in rally back then (when rally tyre costing rm2k/pcs new)...so he resort with using small pickup truck tyre and celup with new rally tyre pattern...

i think now no more small tyre celup factory??? maybe just left with lorry tyre celup company....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
with so many cheap option of new tyre....i never use re-threaded tyre in my life...

except my dad use it in rally back then (when rally tyre costing rm2k/pcs new)...so he resort with using small pickup truck tyre and celup with new rally tyre pattern...

i think now no more small tyre celup factory??? maybe just left with lorry tyre celup company....
Yup, as mentioned lorry tyre have many plies so can be celup. More over trailer lorry new tyres cost like RM1k plus, even the bald casing can fetch RM300 I heard as celup sells at RM500 above.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A fren of mine who's driving an older version of Honda City is having problems with his front absorbers. He's looking at changing to Monroe shocks that are branched to:
1) Sensa-Trac
2) Reflex

He's wondering which is better. He's not really into performance as he's looking more at comfort compared to performance (totally dislikes bumpy rides). I actually recommended stock suspensions but he wanted to try out something that has the best of both worlds that can provide both comfort with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience