How rare you use re-threaded tyre?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fully agreed with ainamafan...how can ever think of using re-threaded tyre? So unsafe!
Please do more research before decide to get any tyre...ask friend or expert around .
Actually you can try find info at tyreplus one.Sure can solve your problem.
TYREPLUS Malaysia - Tyre Types and Safety Tips
Best thing is I don't even see re-thread tyres being sold nowadays and yet he can find it.....:biggrin:

bbphire

Feb 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
just crawled the thread. well, everyone has different point of views about tyres.. anyways, don't put ur life into risk.. choose a good tires for ur car for the safety purposesly.. or else, don;t blame to anyone when accidents happen.. good luck!

May 18, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
rethreaded tyres are very dangerous.. its better to spend a little bit more money on a safer tyre like michelin ps3 for your own safety. its worth it if u ask me..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
for yr own safety and other ppl safety, advice yr friend dont use re-thread tires..they are tires that are long long expired and then either they re-thread it by cutting into the worn surface to form a few mm more of thread or they stick one layer of rubber onto the "botak" surface...it will either burst or the sticked on layer will torn out and flown everywhere on the road causing risk to other motorist.

if yr rim size is 14in to 16in, the new tires are very affordable....spend a little more - safe lives!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
rethreaded tyres are very dangerous.. its better to spend a little bit more money on a safer tyre like michelin ps3 for your own safety. its worth it if u ask me..
From re-thread jump to PS3?.....wow! overkill.....hahahahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

for yr own safety and other ppl safety, advice yr friend dont use re-thread tires..they are tires that are long long expired and then either they re-thread it by cutting into the worn surface to form a few mm more of thread or they stick one layer of rubber onto the "botak" surface...it will either burst or the sticked on layer will torn out and flown everywhere on the road causing risk to other motorist.

if yr rim size is 14in to 16in, the new tires are very affordable....spend a little more - safe lives!
Exactly, any entry level tyre is way better.
Not only 16", even some 17" are really affordable and way better when compared with re-threaded tyres....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If can't afford good tyres, then consider some of the cheap and cheerful variants like the Indon made Dunlops FM901, Achilles ATR Sport and some GTRadial models. Better than rethreaded la.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Erm... not really imho. Those tyres are just as scary as rethreaded. Unless you drive like an super uncle
atleast no need to worry about expired rubber casing in any of main tyre construction..especially strength...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Erm... not really imho. Those tyres are just as scary as rethreaded. Unless you drive like an super uncle
But at least they are new. Re-thread uses the old casing and can be more than 6 years old....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

atleast no need to worry about expired rubber casing in any of main tyre construction..especially strength...
oops...same thought.....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello dude,

Can anyone tell me how to setting the air fuel setting?
Someone told me is by adjust the MAS screw at the Throttle Body, a screw with spring.

Can anyone show me where is the screw?
I'm using an satria 1.6

Thank you
muff
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience