best tires that you ever used?

nigel_ng

Aug 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Seeing the numbers of car on the traffic have been keep increasing tremendously .. I believe most of you are driving now . Well when talk about Tires, which brand will come to your mind first ?What I mean is In term of comfortable, safety, stability, longevity and silent especially for luxury car like Honda Accord, Civic, Toyota Camry, Altis, Nissan Teana, Mercedes C, E Class, BMW 3 Series, Lexus LS or Mazda 6 . Greatly appreciate if you also can leave your reason next to the brand as follows:

1.Michelin Primacy 3ST
2.TOYO Proxes C1S
3.TOYO TEO plus
4.Falken Azenis PT722
5.Yokohama DB
6.Goodyear – Eagle Efficient Grip
7.Continential ContiMaxContact™ MC5
8.Continential Conti ComfortContact CC5
9.Bridgestone Turanza
10.Others

Thank you very much.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Michelin for me when it comes to comfort and also acceptable performance. Best tyre ever used and most costly one is Michelin PP2.
Only available for 165/55/14 though.

Performance tyres will be others which can be pointed out by our tyre god vr2turbo. :biggrin:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Silent tyres goes to Yokohama DB. Toyo C1S is fine too but at times, I am more of a spirited driver,
Thus, the likes of older Falken ST-115, PP2, RE050, RE001 and newer Asymmetric range meet my expectation.
On the other hand, the only brand which I've had tried most of its offering are Yokohama and they never let me down. From A.Drive to AD08, all the way to A048 semi.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
AD07 - awesome grip, super short life span, noisy like hell, will affect your FC
PP2 -awesome grip (less than AD07), quiet, comfortable and great on water too.

Both of which are no longer produced.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
rally tyres..yeah :p :driver:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Best I've ever used was Yokohama AD07! I tailed my friend's GC8 through a S-bend and he was shocked to see me still sticking behind

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
AD07 - awesome grip, super short life span, noisy like hell, will affect your FC

Lucky for K-Cars owners I guess :rofl:
Imagine Stock Suspension, no stabilizer bars just stiff rings, can take corners
that not many stock cars can take with the PP2 tyres :biggrin: :love: I'm loving it.

I just cant imagine if I have adjustables and full set stabilzer bars :biggrin:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
The best tire I ran is the Conti ContiSportContact5P...very grippy in dry & wet surface but downside is the thread wear bout 240....running on RWD cars will give u less than a year usage....but its not the best thing happen to my wallet thou but its a good tire :biggrin:

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Based on my experience:

1.Michelin Primacy 3ST - would love to try but too expensive!
2.TOYO Proxes C1S - performance oriented comfort tire. wears off quickly.
3.TOYO TEO plus - super soft, super comfort, low noise, poor handling due to very soft sidewall.
4.Falken Azenis PT722 - bad aquaplaning
5.Yokohama DB
6.Goodyear – Eagle Efficient Grip - soft, comfort, low noise, handling ok for a comfort tire. price could be cheaper.
8.Continential Conti ComfortContact CC5 - soft, comfort, low noise. handling better than toyo teo. dont run into deep puddles.
9.Bridgestone Turanza
10.Others:
- Michelin PS3 - very good all-arounder, a bit bumpy. ranks lower than GY AS2 but price can be higher for bigger sizes.
- Goodyear F1 D5 - performance close to PS3 but surprisingly more comfortable and slightly lower noise. Steering feel is good but handling can be wiggly sometimes. Weird. Good value.
- Bridgestone RE001/002 - good in wet. good steering feel and handling. a bit expensive for its class.
- Federal RS-R - very good value for money semi-slicks.
- Yokohama A.Drive R1 - nothing good about this tire really.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Based on my experience:
Primacy 3ST should be cheaper then PS3, right? Probably expensive in the sense not worth it's category it is in.

Yoko A-Drive R1 made for durability and looks like sports model only, like BS MY-01, which is worse...

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

The best tire I ran is the Conti ContiSportContact5P...very grippy in dry & wet surface but downside is the thread wear bout 240....running on RWD cars will give u less than a year usage....but its not the best thing happen to my wallet thou but its a good tire :biggrin:
My colleague had one CSC5P crack on the sidewall after about a years use, 60% worn...:banghead:

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Seeing the numbers of car on the traffic have been keep increasing tremendously .. I believe most of you are driving now . Well when talk about Tires, which brand will come to your mind first ?What I mean is In term of comfortable, safety, stability, longevity and silent especially for luxury car like Honda Accord, Civic, Toyota Camry, Altis, Nissan Teana, Mercedes C, E Class, BMW 3 Series, Lexus LS or Mazda 6 . Greatly appreciate if you also can leave your reason next to the brand as follows:

1.Michelin Primacy 3ST
2.TOYO Proxes C1S
3.TOYO TEO plus
4.Falken Azenis PT722
5.Yokohama DB
6.Goodyear – Eagle Efficient Grip
8.Continential Conti ComfortContact CC5
9.Bridgestone Turanza
10.Others

Thank you very much.
What tyre is best is the one that suits that person's priorities, be it be traction, aquaplaning, durability, quietness, comfort and so on....:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

rally tyres..yeah :p :driver:
If you are the one that always hit the curb, then yes.....hahahahahaa:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Got AD-08 and PS3....:biggrin:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
My colleague had one CSC5P crack on the sidewall after about a years use, 60% worn...:banghead:

Dunno bout crack on sidewall but my previous CSC5P wears very fast and after bout 60-70% worn, aquaplaning very obvious due to wide tire profile...Currently running on Yoko Advan Sport and the traction is good...down side is the threadwear=180 :banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If you are the one that always hit the curb, then yes.....hahahahahaa:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

previous rally round...my driver hit the bridge curb...bent the rim but tyre not pecah :driver::rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dunno bout crack on sidewall but my previous CSC5P wears very fast and after bout 60-70% worn, aquaplaning very obvious due to wide tire profile...Currently running on Yoko Advan Sport and the traction is good...down side is the threadwear=180 :banghead:
The V103 or V105. My friend use the V103 also fast wear....

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Now got AD08 R which is supposedly good in wet :biggrin:
Yah! Some Micro Silica compound.....

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

previous rally round...my driver hit the bridge curb...bent the rim but tyre not pecah :driver::rofl:
The sidewall are reinforced and they are so well fitted that when fitted to the rims there is no space in between the tyre rubber and the rim edge....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello friends

A very good Thursday from Mauritius :wavey:

This detailing job took over 5 days, from decontamination to coating, loads of defects removal and paint leveling.

Upon arrival:

Wash:

2BM method using mf wash mitt
Local car shampoo and APC mix...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience