How much vacuum hose needed?

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
I'm planning to change almost all of my vacuum hose esp the solenoids ones to silicon material. I have 3 sizes in mind, but could someone double check on my sizes and length needed.

Size | Length
4mm | 25feet
6mm | 6 feet
8mm | 8 feet

But I have some doubt with the figures I have. See below figures which is extracted from an online shop selling silicon hose for FD3s

- 40 feet of 3.5mm (all small solenoids).
- 15 feet of 4.0mm (Windshield washers and boost controllers).
- 16 feet of 6.0mm (larger air lines on engine).
- 4 feet of 8.0mm (larger air lines on engine).

Please advice.....

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Anyone?

jasonlel said:
I'm planning to change almost all of my vacuum hose esp the solenoids ones to silicon material. I have 3 sizes in mind, but could someone double check on my sizes and length needed.

Size | Length
4mm | 25feet
6mm | 6 feet
8mm | 8 feet

But I have some doubt with the figures I have. See below figures which is extracted from an online shop selling silicon hose for FD3s

Please advice.....

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
jasonlel said:

Size | Length
4mm | 25feet
6mm | 6 feet
8mm | 8 feet

Please advice.....
Jason,

4mm - 30 feet to be safe (we screw up abit, and you dont wanna be left short)
6mm - 8 feet
8mm - 8 feet

3.5mm - this is not right size, i dont we need this. our solenoids take 4mm, and in fact, if you look at the US forum, they are using 4.5mm hoses. 4mm already is pretty PIA to plug in. make sure you use silicon for lubrication before insertion (hahahahaha... :_: :angel_smile: )

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
a quick one... what kind of seal do you use ?
small screw type sealer or just a cable tie ?
or something even better ?

other than this. who is the best to provide the service of changing all of them ?
changing myself is a good idea.. but afraid is screw up something that might lead to something catastrophic........

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Alchemis said:
a quick one... what kind of seal do you use ?
small screw type sealer or just a cable tie ?
or something even better ?

other than this. who is the best to provide the service of changing all of them ?
changing myself is a good idea.. but afraid is screw up something that might lead to something catastrophic........

cable tie + silicon sealant (red type) is just perfect. I dont think there is any screw type that can effectively "screw" these hoses tight enough, and dont think thats cost effective anyways. Its not difficult to change these hoses, make sure you have the diagram ready. Or you can give the "veteran" guys a buzz (PM) and see if they can spare some time to help you oversee this. Not a difficult project, just labour intensive.

phat7 said:
joe13 is the expert in lubrication.

muahahaha... :_: not as expert as you though... :cyclops:

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
hey how much all the hose cos ya? is it from samco?
and how much is the red sealant cos?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
Im new to this forum and Im not quite sure if this the the place to post this thread.
But I need some help in this, I drive a year 2000 Proton Satria 1.3. I've been planning on modifying my car's exterior. I wanted to change the rear bonnet to the Mirage Cyborg's one. But after some research I understand that I can only do that if I drive the 1st gen satria. Is this correct?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience